NFL 2024 Kickoff: Ravens @ Chiefs, Sept 5 - 8:20pm

Einstein

34 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

His percentage is high because he throws a lot fo screen passes.

That’s true for tonight but he pushed the ball down the field more than almost any QB last year. 

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

You can add race into my statement and it still holds true. He's a black man who didn't hire an agent and still got paid. 

I’ve thought about this. I think it may play into it to some extent.

But his elite athleticism

also plays into it. Media hypes elite athletes. 

Lamar may never win a championship but he will ohhh and awww and take over the game with his legs (similar to Josh with “magic moments.”)

His Achilles heal is he does seem to make bad throws at key moments.

Taron Johnson pick six comes to mind.

The penultimate throw from tonight was another key example. Opposite of clutch.  He always seems to come up a few plays short.

Champions make those plays. Lamar is no Michael Jordan. No Brady. No Mahomes.

It will be great when Josh wins his MVP (which I think he will). 

SB victory means more than all that hype.

I don't know guys, I hate to say it, but this chiefs team looks better than the last few years. They have blue chip talent across the board. 

I know it early but that's what eyes told me. They are going to be insufferable 😑

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It's like we are dealing with NE all over again.  

Well, other then the fact that we’ve beaten Mahomes as starter for the chiefs the same amount of times and in only this decade as we beat Brady in his entire career in NE.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, balln said:

Oh my lawddddd. Worthy scored another TD!

dont care about scheme and “welll welll “ it’s Andy Reid!

Pretty good PRODUCTION from your rookie WR in a rematch afc championship combatant 

My FF team salutes him :beer:

Worthy's plays, however, were nothing special in any way. Same Mecole Hardman-esque usage. He didn't really get that much separation all night. A majority of his yards and a TD came on a busted play. He had 1 catch for 7 yards outside of the the other couple touches. Still a solid debut, but nothing he did had ma saying, "Oh no, it's Tyreek 2.0!!!:wallbash:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, T.E. said:

I agree that it plays a huge part. Was a huge win for him to get that deal without taking a 10% haircut for an agent.

I thought NFL agents were limited to a 4% cut…

• Like (+1) 1

It must’ve been the game plan but Lamar running 16 times and almost all seemed to be called running plays, is kind of insane. He will last about 6 weeks doing that. Maybe it was the plan to beat KC and won’t be every week 

• Agree 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Well Keon Coleman you’re on deck. The Chiefs have found their new toy and we just gave it to em.

I'll wait until the end of the season before deciding if Worthy would have been the better pick then Coleman.  At present I have no idea even though Worthy had a nice rookie debut.

It's also possible that both KC and the Bills got their guy.  Each team had different needs at WR: the Chiefs wanted speed and the Bills needed size and a guy who could turn contested 50/50 catches into 80/20 catches.  At the end of the season both teams may be thrilled with their rookie WR's.

Last night we saw two examples of Worthy's speed:  the reverse TD run and the TD catch after the Ravens DB blew the coverage.  On the other hand Worthy had no chance on the contested end zone catch.  Worthy ended the game with 2 catches in spite of facing mostly single coverage.

21 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It must’ve been the game plan but Lamar running 16 times and almost all seemed to be called running plays, is kind of insane. He will last about 6 weeks doing that. Maybe it was the plan to beat KC and won’t be every week 

And I would add that if Allen ran 16 times for over 100 yards all the experts would be telling us how this would not be sustainable.  Watch today what they say about Jackson playing RB last night.  Most will have a very different take from what they would have had with Allen.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

After hate watching a game I loathe watching the sports shows the next day when the team I hate wins.  Think I'll skip all the kc ball washing across the board today

1 hour ago, H2o said:

My FF team salutes him :beer:

Worthy's plays, however, were nothing special in any way. Same Mecole Hardman-esque usage. He didn't really get that much separation all night. A majority of his yards and a TD came on a busted play. He had 1 catch for 7 yards outside of the the other couple touches. Still a solid debut, but nothing he did had ma saying, "Oh no, it's Tyreek 2.0!!!:wallbash:

The second one was on a busted coverage that might as well have been me out there.
He looked terrible on that other red zone target. He’s a gadget player he will get his explosive plays here and there but Rice is  the WR1. Along with king douche bag 87

• Haha (+1) 1