NFL 2024 Kickoff: Ravens @ Chiefs, Sept 5 - 8:20pm

Einstein

6 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

image.png.7cac6c0763ea3ce8c72849460a720158.png - Flowers at the point of the throw (BTW, Lamar bailed the pocket here when he didnt need to, forcing a tighter throwing angle and bringing pressure into his face)

image.png.34002f3b4b997246fdaddb46c22bff30.png - Flowers looking back at the pass

I'm not trying to be overly harsh here, but Lamar made BAD mistakes here. 

1) He bailed the pocket when he didnt need to and put a Chiefs player into his face

2) Assumes his WR who just created separation is going to immediately sit flat on that white line on the left side of the E after coming out of the break at full speed

3) Doesn't give his guy any lead on the throw since there are no Chiefs players within 15 feet of the right side

That's bad QB play.  I dont care who you are, that's awful.  blame Flowers for not sitting on his route, but that's being incredibly generous to the QB making several bad moves in short order.  Combine that with a) Overthrowing Bateman forcing the catch in bounds and b) not spiking immediately after...  There is a reason some QBs always win close games and some lose them - these are the things you look at as the deciding factors.

I think he bailed out of the pocket multiple times in the last minute because for some reason the Ravens were repeatedly asking a RB to pick up Chris Jones.

It was bizarre.

Just now, T.E. said:

The players do pick routinely Lamar over Allen in these polls, and it's because of an element that no one really wants to talk about. 

You can add race into my statement and it still holds true. He's a black man who didn't hire an agent and still got paid. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I think he bailed out of the pocket multiple times in the last minute because for some reason the Ravens were asking a RB to pick up Chris Jones. It was bizarre.

I don't now how a contenting team completely revamps their OL on the fly in one offseason. The Bengals do that, but that is because Tobin can't draft OL like Beane can't draft WRs.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think he bailed out of the pocket multiple times in the last minute because for some reason the Ravens were repeatedly asking a RB to pick up Chris Jones.

It was bizarre.

Yea, I have no idea why Hill was tasked with Jones.  Ravens made several critical mistakes on that drive and were bailed out by Likely and Bateman (until they weren't)

6 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

image.png.7cac6c0763ea3ce8c72849460a720158.png - Flowers at the point of the throw (BTW, Lamar bailed the pocket here when he didnt need to, forcing a tighter throwing angle and bringing pressure into his face)

image.png.34002f3b4b997246fdaddb46c22bff30.png - Flowers looking back at the pass

I'm not trying to be overly harsh here, but Lamar made BAD mistakes here. 

1) He bailed the pocket when he didnt need to and put a Chiefs player into his face

2) Assumes his WR who just created separation is going to immediately sit flat on that white line on the left side of the E after coming out of the break at full speed

3) Doesn't give his guy any lead on the throw since there are no Chiefs players within 15 feet of the right side

That's bad QB play.  I dont care who you are, that's awful.  blame Flowers for not sitting on his route, but that's being incredibly generous to the QB making several bad moves in short order.  Combine that with a) Overthrowing Bateman forcing the catch in bounds and b) not spiking immediately after...  There is a reason some QBs always win close games and some lose them - these are the things you look at as the deciding factors.

Yeah Jackson can beat you with his legs but not his arm.

He threw so many poor balls tonight including 50/50 balls where good ball placement is a catch or DPI.

He's just not accurate enough to make those throws... and when I say accurate I'm not talking about completion percentage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

You can add race into my statement and it still holds true. He's a black man who didn't hire an agent and still got paid. 

I agree with you, but Kirk Cousins was the first guy to negotiate a fully guaranteed contract. He doesn't seem to get a ton of respect for his negotiation skills.

1 minute ago, Sierra Foothills said:

He threw so many poor balls tonight including 50/50 balls where good ball placement is a catch or DPI.

He's just not accurate enough to make those throws... and when I say accurate I'm not talking about completion percentage.

His percentage is high because he throws a lot fo screen passes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Lamar as a passer of the football never impressed me. I still feel the same. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I'm sick of the Chiefs hype machine but they looked in synch

They're well-coached and look to be in mid-season form. Tough to knock that, even though they're our nemesis. They always find a way to win. 

The Ravens are not good enough to go 10-6 and get into the playoffs.  Their trenches are awful on both sides of the ball.    

I don’t see 10 wins - especially if they lose to us.  It’s in Baltimore.  Just a hunch but that could be a potential massive tiebreaker game when we look back in December.  

Just now, T.E. said:

I agree with you, but Kirk Cousins was the first guy to negotiate a fully guaranteed contract. He doesn't seem to get a ton of respect for his negotiation skills.

Again, I don't want to talk about this but the majority of the players in this league are African American. Lamar is a hero. He doesn't compromise. He is who he is, and players respect that. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Again, I don't want to talk about this but the majority of the players in this league are African American. Lamar is a hero. He doesn't compromise. He is who he is, and players respect that. 

I agree that it plays a huge part. Was a huge win for him to get that deal without taking a 10% haircut for an agent.

Edited by T.E.

13 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Well Keon Coleman you’re on deck. The Chiefs have found their new toy and we just gave it to em.

That whole draft thing is so overblown. I’d take Andy Reid as my OC over any rook WR. Heck they didn’t even cover him on that 2nd half TD. Reid could’ve scored on that one. Is there any doubt that they’d have simply drafted a different WR, and the best play designer in football would get the ball to him ? 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That whole draft thing is so overblown. I’d take Andy Reid as my OC over any rook WR. Heck they didn’t even cover him on that 2nd half TD. Reid could’ve scored on that one. Is there any doubt that they’d have simply drafted a different WR, and the best play designer in football would get the ball to him ? 

Everyone passed on Rice too. 

Our bad everyone.  Our bad.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, T.E. said:

Yes because he decided he would be willing to get less to get a fully guaranteed  contract to which some is boring -  the Browns overpaid on a fully guaranteed  contract.

• Like (+1) 1