NFL 2024 Kickoff: Ravens @ Chiefs, Sept 5 - 8:20pm

Einstein

8 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Regardless of fault, it was still talked about a large portion of the week in the sports media because Allen is held to some ridiculous standard. Doubt the Flowers miss even gets mentioned past tomorrow morning.

Media does love them some Lamar and I laugh when I hear “Josh Allen isn’t criticized as much as Jackson.” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

if nothing else settle Lamar down knowing he can’t scramble on that first play.

the chaos doesn’t benefit him as a passer, just as a runner. Slow it down and get everyone synced up. 

And of course he ends up burning up so much time on the play that they never had a shot at getting 4 downs anyways. :doh:

1 minute ago, julian said:

I wasn’t questioning his status, just pointing out the help he receives from the other side of the ball and seemingly fate, he made plenty of winning plays in this game.

I know everybody hates the phrase, but the Chiefs are the kings of playing "complementary football."

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I would not be shocked if the overwhelming majority members of the media would pick Jackson to be their QB over Allen.

They would, but I would guess that if you did a blind poll of GMs, Allen would be the pick for 95-100% of them.

• Agree 1

Just now, T.E. said:

They would, but I would guess that if you did a blind poll of GMs, Allen would be the pick for 95-100% of them.

The players would pick Lamar, but that has nothing to do with on the field things. He negotiated the biggest QB contract in history without an agent. That has to go a long way.

2 minutes ago, T.E. said:

Fair enough, but if we did a redraft of the 2018 Draft, Allen would go to the Browns and Lamar to the Giants.

7 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I would not be shocked if the overwhelming majority members of the media would pick Jackson to be their QB over Allen.

Really depends what portion of the media we’re talking about. I think most of the film junkie types prefer Allen. First Take type debate people are more mixed. At any rate, I think these two are pretty firmly the next tier after Mahomes right now. 

14 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Nobody here likes to mention that one. That's a call that they don't usually make. But then again, they picked up that flag in NE so I guess it all evened out.

Yea we had a bunch of good officiating luck late in games but also a bunch of offsetting bad luck in others lol. The chiefs don’t seem to have that offsetting negative stuff which is what made that play you’re talking about so jarring.

we got absolutely robbed against Philly that might’ve been the most suspiciously officiated game of the year  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

As a passer, Jackson isn't at the level of Mahomes & Allen.  Not really close, even.

But man, that guy is REALLY hard to bring down in the pocket, and when he spots a running lane, he's through it in a flash.  So fun to watch.  

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea we had a bunch of good officiating luck late in games but also a bunch of offsetting bad luck in others lol. The chiefs don’t seem to have that offsetting negative stuff which is what made that play you’re talking about so jarring.

we got absolutely robbed against Philly that might’ve been the most suspiciously officiated game of the year  

Mahomes was so surprised by being on the wrong side of a bad luck play he short circuited and had a meltdown on the sideline after the game.

image.png.7cac6c0763ea3ce8c72849460a720158.png - Flowers at the point of the throw (BTW, Lamar bailed the pocket here when he didnt need to, forcing a tighter throwing angle and bringing pressure into his face)

image.png.34002f3b4b997246fdaddb46c22bff30.png - Flowers looking back at the pass

I'm not trying to be overly harsh here, but Lamar made BAD mistakes here. 

1) He bailed the pocket when he didnt need to and put a Chiefs player into his face

2) Assumes his WR who just created separation is going to immediately sit flat on that white line on the left side of the E after coming out of the break at full speed

3) Doesn't give his guy any lead on the throw since there are no Chiefs players within 15 feet of the right side

That's bad QB play.  I dont care who you are, that's awful.  blame Flowers for not sitting on his route, but that's being incredibly generous to the QB making several bad moves in short order.  Combine that with a) Overthrowing Bateman forcing the catch in bounds and b) not spiking immediately after...  There is a reason some QBs always win close games and some lose them - these are the things you look at as the deciding factors.

1 minute ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Well Keon Coleman you’re on deck. The Chiefs have found their new toy and we just gave it to em.

Eh - in truth, they probably gave us a 3rd rounder for free.

That won't be the national narrative if Worthy really pans out, but it's probably the reality.

My take aways:

pros:

-Bills have a better o line than the ravens

-Cook can do more with the opportunities hill got on dumpoffs 

-likely ate up the chiefs, and Kincaid is better

-josh would complete at least 1 of the 5 misses from lamar tonight and change the game.

- kelce Henry and andrews looked slow

- it was never in question for me but josh is CLEARLY better than lamar

- bills are much more dynamic at wr than ravens

- monken continues to underutilize Lamar's strengths and so far Henry's as well

Cons:

- chiefs have speed

- rice ate up the LBs 

- andy Reid is still an offensive genius 

- we have to listen to everyone say the bills gave the chiefs the next tyreek hill

- Araiza had a perfect punt

- chiefs probably going to give up the 30 on kickoff all year, no chance for returns.

- chiefs back up TEs look really solid

- chiefs still seem to magically get favorable penalties at favorable moments 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Eh - in truth, they probably gave us a 3rd rounder for free.

That won't be the national narrative if Worthy really pans out, but it's probably the reality.

Exactly. The Chiefs would have traded up with the Cowboys or Ravens there to take him. They just needed to get above SF. But as I said before, it's easy for Beane because he doesn't interact with people on the football internet.

10 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

The players would pick Lamar, but that has nothing to do with on the field things. He negotiated the biggest QB contract in history without an agent. That has to go a long way.

The players do pick routinely Lamar over Allen in these polls, and it's because of an element that no one really wants to talk about. 

• Agree 3