NFL 2024 Kickoff: Ravens @ Chiefs, Sept 5 - 8:20pm

Einstein

Just now, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Lamar had some bad throws and misses. But no one in the media will say that. They’ll just say “ they couldn’t connect.” 

Lamar is an elite athlete but he’s not a Super Bowl caliber QB. Baltimore will have to fight hard to get into the playoffs…

Well, he was a terrible fumble by a WR away from the SB last year.

Then it becomes could they beat SF? I would give them a 50/50 shot maybe even 60/40

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Can’t stand Mahomes but he doesn’t miss that throw to Flowers.  The margin of winning is so small and Mahomes making enough plays is almost always the difference.  Frustrating.  Gotta find a way to beat him.  

Of course, he doesn't miss that one. Neither does Josh Allen, Joe Burrow and probably Stroud. I mean, Tua makes that one too. Herbert makes it. Dude was open.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

That's what I think that the Bills are hoping that Coleman can do. He can make catches on jump balls, something that none of our players have been able to do in the Josh Allen era.

I’m hoping for it. He’s made some in camp but that’s gonna be nothing like a real game. 

Just now, T.E. said:

Make no mistake about it...Allen would be absolutely EXCORIATED had he missed those two wide-open TDs that Jackson missed.

Even Jackson's two big passes weren't even great throws. Really just excellent plays by the skill players.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Lamar had some bad throws and misses. But no one in the media will say that. They’ll just say “ they couldn’t connect.” 

Lamar is an elite athlete but he’s not a Super Bowl caliber QB. Baltimore will have to fight hard to get into the playoffs…

Every team will.  Parity is the plan but they put on a great show night one.

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Can’t stand Mahomes but he doesn’t miss that throw to Flowers.  The margin of winning is so small and Mahomes making enough plays is almost always the difference.  Frustrating.  Gotta find a way to beat him.  

Well said. And he's insanely patient with great vision. He's always scanning the field, especially when buying time scrambling.

Even when the Chiefs offense isn't great start to finish, there's always enough big plays made that push them over the top. The worst part - it's NEVER in their heads that they can't come back from anything. They've proven time & time again that any amount of time is enough time, and they've got wins over everyone else.

So when it comes to those final moments, nobody on that roster is stuck in their own head. They know for a fact a win is still within their grasp. Every player says they think a similar way, but doubt has to creep into your mind when the opponent seems to always come out on top.

5 minutes ago, Success said:

KC has that thing where there is such a small margin of error when you play them.

We've been like that at times over the years w/ Allen.  I'm not sure if that's us this year.

I didn’t get that vibe from this particular game at all…chiefs were blowing coverages all night the ravens just couldn’t capitalize because Lamar was so erratic and their oline was getting pushed around.  The final drive from the chiefs defense was an absolute travesty they just snuck away with the win so nobody will talk about it.  They gave up the sideline all the way down the field 

the ravens played pretty badly and were a toe away from tying it up 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Jones is a real difference maker and a very unique advantage KC has… he doesn’t get his due from the media with all the Mahomes , Kelce and soon to be Worthy carry on 

Jones is a beast. I could only imagine him on this D. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Not bad for the #32 pick overall though, just saying. 

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That Lamar is a “million times better” than Josh?

I don’t think so haha.

I would not be shocked if the overwhelming majority members of the media would pick Jackson to be their QB over Allen.

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

Mahomes made some nice throws, though. Maybe he didn't fill up the stat line, but he makes plays every game that solidify the reality of his elite status.

I wasn’t questioning his status, just pointing out the help he receives from the other side of the ball and seemingly fate, he made plenty of winning plays in this game.