NFL 2024 Kickoff: Ravens @ Chiefs, Sept 5 - 8:20pm

Einstein

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Agreed; I couldn't believe they wanted to run a play there.

if nothing else settle Lamar down knowing he can’t scramble on that first play.

the chaos doesn’t benefit him as a passer, just as a runner. Slow it down and get everyone synced up. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Eh.  Flowers doesn’t want to sit too tight to the left side of the window he ran into.  I think it’s generous trying to take some of that away from Lamar.  That wasn’t a pass that missed flowers by a few inches.  He tossed that three feet left of flowers outstretched hand 

Of course the pass missed by a lot. Zay Flowers was running full speed away from the ball lol. 

I do agree it was a gray area there where you can argue Zay should have sat down or argue that the hole would have closed up if he had. Hard to say for sure which is probably why the miscommunication occurred. 

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I remember the Eagles game last year where Gabe Davis cut the wrong way and it made it look like Allen missed him for a game winning TD. It's all anybody talked about for like 3 days.

Go back and watch that play from the EZ angle. I absolutely put that one on Allen. He threw it to Gabe’s left but Gabe’s route carried him up the field, looking over his right shoulder. Shoulda hit him where he was going, not force him to whip his head/body around to catch a ball to his left. 

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I know. I been bitching about that for like two years. That and never any YAC until Shakir last year. 

That's what I think that the Bills are hoping that Coleman can do. He can make catches on jump balls, something that none of our players have been able to do in the Josh Allen era.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Let's be honest... this game was fine for us.

I know Worthy scored twice... but was it any indication of anything spectacular? Did he do anything else?

Ravens losing is likely best for Buffalo. KC is running away with the West

Exactly this.

I'm going to hate the Worthy talk - but it's not based on anything too "real."  Great blocking on the 1 TD, and a blown coverage on the 2nd.

He's fast - but we all knew that.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

How about the weapons he has had to work with? That counts for something too. 

We could banter back and forth here. There are valid arguments to make on both sides. Let's let it go here. 

Let what go?   Relax 

Lamar got close.  He is a great, but a one dimensional qb.   

Just now, Brand J said:

Go back and watch that play from the EZ angle. I absolutely put that one on Allen. He threw it to Gabe’s left but Gabe’s route carried him up the field, looking over his right shoulder. Shoulda hit him where he was going, not force him to whip his head/body around to catch a ball to his left. 

Regardless of fault, it was still talked about a large portion of the week in the sports media because Allen is held to some ridiculous standard. Doubt the Flowers miss even gets mentioned past tomorrow morning.

Lamar had some bad throws and misses. But no one in the media will say that. They’ll just say “ they couldn’t connect.” 

Lamar is an elite athlete but he’s not a Super Bowl caliber QB. Baltimore will have to fight hard to get into the playoffs…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Let's be honest... this game was fine for us.

I know Worthy scored twice... but was it any indication of anything spectacular? Did he do anything else?

Ravens losing is likely best for Buffalo. KC is running away with the West

I'm not stressing with Worthy. Maybe he will be good. Maybe not. Whatever. Some fans are too focused on that.

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

An end around with great blocking and a blown coverage...let's see how Coleman does first

Fair enough, that’s a reasonable thing to say but Worthy was my guy, it gutted me to see Reid trade up to get this guy.. I was never high on Coleman..

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Chris jones is low key kind of carrying mahomes a bit the last year plus lol 

Jones is a real difference maker and a very unique advantage KC has… he doesn’t get his due from the media with all the Mahomes , Kelce and soon to be Worthy carry on