NFL 2024 Kickoff: Ravens @ Chiefs, Sept 5 - 8:20pm

Einstein

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

DB had his back turned and Lamar recognized it.

Really nice play and great run where it looked like everyone moved half speed and suddenly he was 30 yards down field 

Players can turn around...

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Lol, literally just lobbed it up into the area code of the TE. Jackson is lucky that wasn't picked.

Nah that was a great throw. LB was turned all the way around and had no chance at recovering. Credit where credit's due. They needed a big play, Lamar and Likely delivered.

• Agree 1

Just now, Low Positive said:

It wasn't a prayer. Likely was coming back to Lamar as he scrambled and was very open. What I meant was Lamar using his legs to extend a play and then not tucking and running but looking downfield. 

Extending the play was good, but he just tossed the ball. It was completely a prayer. But it worked out.

Just now, MJS said:

Extending the play was good, but he just tossed the ball. It was completely a prayer. But it worked out.

I get it. Josh's pass at the end of that would have been a dart. I know that we have to hate Lamar because he was drafted after Josh and has two MVPs, but I think he's fun to watch. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

It wasn't a prayer. Likely was coming back to Lamar as he scrambled and was very open. What I meant was Lamar using his legs to extend a play and then not tucking and running but looking downfield. 

Likely was not coming back to Lamar. He was running down the field, and after the ball was thrown he stopped to run back towards the LOS because the pass was such a lobbed underthrow. Honestly seemed like one of those passes intended to draw PI.

I said it earlier, but if the NFL truly wants returns on kickoffs, they really need to increase the penalty for kicking it out of the end zone. They need to bring it out to the 35 at minimum.  Maybe it will even take the 40 yard line.

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

I get it. Josh's pass at the end of that would have been a dart. I know that we have to hate Lamar because he was drafted after Josh and has two MVPs, but I think he's fun to watch. 

I like Lamar for what he is. I actually have nothing against him. He is a good player. But I take issue with the media worshipping him and ignoring his limitations.

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I half agree with your take. However, you partly confirm my original premise as well. 

I prefer a better passer than Lamar. Obviously, you do to. However, who is a better running QB than him? 

Lamar wins football games in the regular season. So does Allen. Come playoff time and both QBs haven't won nearly as much. Herbert hasn't done *****. Hurts come back to earth last year. 

Lamar Jackson is a damn good QB despite limitations with his arm. Some could say his legs make up for a lot of short comings. 

Ok, now put Lamar on a less complete team.  Without a very strong defense and ST, he just doesn’t have enough to carry a team against elite competition. 

Edited by Bob in STL