NFL 2024 Kickoff: Ravens @ Chiefs, Sept 5 - 8:20pm

Einstein

5 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Ravens 26 Chiefs 24

Mahomes gets injured for the season late in the game (it seems every year a major QB gets lost for the season the first month and Mahomes has dodged it so far )

Jesus Christ, man…talk about putting some bad mojo in this thread.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Ravens, for two reasons:

One I actually like the franchise. For a bunch of drought years I saw them as the model the Bills should aspire to: tough D, strong run game and an adequate QB. In general I don't find them obnoxious (except for the Lamar MVP truthers) so I often root for them in principle.

Two, F the Chiefs

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yep, nothing says sneak up on people like being the 1 seed just last year and having the reigning MVP*

I just think they’ve been kind of low key about the ravens. Seeing more hype for jets, browns, bengals, Texans. 

• Agree 1

Rooting Ravens.  And like them +3.

Week 1 is unpredictable, but I think Bmore focuses more on the run game and have the weapons to keep up with KC, if not better.

Biggest question is Ravens oline.  Some new faces up front that might take time to gel as a unit.  

Counting on a GW FG by either team. But if 1 team is going to pull away, I think it will be Bmore.

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

Chiefs 34 - Ravens 13.

i hate it but I think the Ravens get blown out and wonder if 2023 was their best chance to wing a ring with LJ.

I just don't see that happening.

Ravens are most talented team in AFC, IMO.  Oline has some new faces, that may hold them back early in year, but still think they can run successfully (as long as they commit).

I see another Lions/Chiefs type game.  I think a GW FG is most likely, taking Ravens +3

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol, I won’t be jumping off the couch, pumping my fist. 

I only care about the Bills. I want whatever is best for them (regardless of how painful it is).

It is best for the Bills for the Chiefs to go 0-17. Root for them to lose every game lol.

Edited by FireChans

I guess the question is who do we think will be the best competition for the #1 seed in the AFC (because I doubt either of these teams are competition for a wild card spot).

I think Baltimore is a better regular season team, but their division is tougher. So I think it’s a toss up.

• Like (+1) 1