NFL 2024 Kickoff: Ravens @ Chiefs, Sept 5 - 8:20pm

Einstein

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Collinsworth is reminding me of just how bad an analyst he is.  He claims that the only reason the Ravens are in the game is Jackson's play.  Yet anyone watching the game can see that it's the Ravens defense, by twice holding the Chiefs to FG'sin the Red Zone then intercepting Mahomes, that is responsible for this being a close game.

Defenses are so disrespected I’ll never understand it lol 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

If Josh had Thrown that pick

mahomes threw, he would have been roasted alive And automatically disqualified from any MVP consideration. 

And ditto fr Jackson's fumble.  Allen fumbles that ball and that's all they're talking about now.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

KC has squandered opportunities to put the game away. Officiating is already suspect with bizarre look the other way on KC’s RT.

Both D’s are legit. Balt OL is their biggest weakness. Don’t see how Lamar stays healthy for a full season at this rate. 

I don’t see KC losing this game.

If Baltimore keeps it within 6 they could win if King Henry can break a long one late cuz the KC is tired.

I thought Allen was a divisive figure in the eyes of the world… Lamar is great to some and awful to others…

I think he is overrated, but good thing Jason Garrett is saying he has a look in his eyes…

3 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

I thought Allen was a divisive figure in the eyes of the world… Lamar is great to some and awful to others…

I think he is overrated, but good thing Jason Garrett is saying he has a look in his eyes…

They interviewed Lamar before the game. He told them that he was "determined." They decided in a pre-production meeting that this would be the narrative. They always stick to the narrative. 

Edited by Low Positive
  • Agree 1

The difference in how the media treats Jackson compared to Allen is so stark that it's truly comical. He's on pace for like 200 yards passing and they're talking about him like it's a Jordan NBA Finals game where he has 27 pts at halftime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

With some of the younger QBs that came into the league, I don’t even think he is top 10 anymore. If you can’t pass the football it limits an offense too much. I’m sick of hearing excuses about weapons and coordinators. 

If I’m a GM and choosing between Lamar and Caleb Williams I’m picking Williams— whose ceiling seems sky high. We’ve already seen Lamar’s ceiling.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Lamar looks lost in this offense. Everything has been his first read, or trying to run. He will be good this year due to his athleticism, but easily bottled up against the good defenses. 

That had been him every year.  He can’t process multiple reads and layers consistently.

the tipped pass at the goaline to the RB was similar to Tarons pick six from a few years ago.  “Let me stare the guy on the route for three seconds until I throw it…”