NFL 2024 Kickoff: Ravens @ Chiefs, Sept 5 - 8:20pm

Einstein

Jackson not even looking for Andrews is starting to tick me off.  Not just for fantasy reasons, but for pure football reasons. 

I have absolutely no idea how people, especially voters for MVP, can think this guy is the best player in the league.  Blows my mind.  He's talented for sure, but to say he's among the best QBs in the NFL is just not true.  I get he won it last year because the Ravens won a lot of games, but statistically speaking, he was among the worst MVPs ever to win.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

A few observation so far...

1. KC offense is definitely pulling some misdirection from the bag of tricks. So of these passes have guys wide open. The Bills never have guys wide open like that (at least under Dorsey's offense, I guess we'll see what Brady has).
2. Average air yards for passes has to be super low. Has a pass been completed more than 5 yards down the field? Maybe one?
3. Worthy and Kelce pretty quiet receiving (Worthy did have the trick rushing play, meh).

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t think he has the ability or discretion to audible either. sort of a one-read offense. They were probably

better off keeping Roman. 

Roman was perfect for Lamar. He was never going to be a great passer. Romans system played to his running ability and the passes he is good at. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Pretty sure Lamar read that RPO wrong too. #15 is running open while McDuffie has leverage towards Flowers.

Or maybe Agholor was supposed to block? He acted like he was a receiving option on that play. Chalk it up to week 1 sloppiness I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

No way Lamar makes it through this season with their OL playing like this and him apparently seeking contact now. 

And he apparently slimmed down in the offseason for some reason!