Everyone loves Russia, & the useful idiots who repost their lies

20 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

You could write a book millions of pages long with stories from reliable media sources just like this. 

And then you get the iron law of woke projection from useful idiots in response.

I challenge anyone here who isn't a leftist to explain how you hope to have a meaningful exchange with leftists who are informed from these well documented lying reliable media outlets.

Answer: You can't. 

Seems like a lot of Russian smoke for there to not be some fire. You’d think a “truth teller” would notice that rather than literally reciting the same Smokey Russian talking points. 

I don’t expect anyone to parrot the Dem positions, my venn diagram overlaps but isn’t a complete circle, but I am surprised how easily the obvious Russian disinformation flows and how pernicious it is.

Just now, Starr-Bills said:

Seems like a lot of Russian smoke for there to not be some fire. You’d think a “truth teller” would notice that rather than literally reciting the same Smokey Russian talking points. 

I don’t expect anyone to parrot the Dem positions, my venn diagram overlaps but isn’t a complete circle, but I am surprised how easily the obvious Russian disinformation flows and how pernicious it is.

My problem was and is that the obsession with Russian "disinformation" overlooks the "Elephant in the room" which is most of what comes out of our government, and government's everywhere for that matter, are narratives based on self-interest, and not a desire for truth, and their messages are most certainly laced with disinformation too. So armed with this knowledge, that governments everywhere are less than forthcoming with the truth if it doesn't support their narratives, the logical approach is to be skeptical and questioning of everything government's everywhere communicate. Not just one.

24 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

My problem was and is that the obsession with Russian "disinformation" overlooks the "Elephant in the room" which is most of what comes out of our government, and government's everywhere for that matter, are narratives based on self-interest, and not a desire for truth, and their messages are most certainly laced with disinformation too. So armed with this knowledge, that governments everywhere are less than forthcoming with the truth if it doesn't support their narratives, the logical approach is to be skeptical and questioning of everything government's everywhere communicate. Not just one.

Agreed!

So who started the war in Ukraine?  Since us Free Thinkers know it wasn't the side that drove tanks over the border or landed paratroopers in Hostomel Airport.

That's MSM propaganda for the drones!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Obsession?  This hasn't been a popular topic, in fact I see your ilk bring it up sarcastically more often than anything.   And whaddya know, it's true!  And you yourself have fallen for said disinformation so of course you'll downplay its significance.  This position is absurd at every possible level.  Americans being divided by a disinformation campaign led by a foreign power isn't something to be concerned about?    

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Obsession?  This hasn't been a popular topic, in fact I see your ilk bring it up sarcastically more often than anything.   And whaddya know, it's true!  And you yourself have fallen for said disinformation so of course you'll downplay its significance.  This position is absurd at every possible level.  Americans being divided by a disinformation campaign led by a foreign power isn't something to be concerned about?    

Clearly your sense-making has been captured by US regime talking points.

For example, Tokyo Rose, Axis Sally, Lord Haw Haw, and Hanoi Hannah raised valid concerns rooted in an honest search for the truth. 

Real critical thinkers would appreciate the nuance that they brought to public discourse.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Clearly your sense-making has been captured by US regime talking points.

For example, Tokyo Rose, Axis Sally, Lord Haw Haw, and Hanoi Hannah raised valid concerns rooted in an honest search for the truth. 

Real critical thinkers would appreciate the nuance that they brought to public discourse.

Cool.  I'm not objecting to questioning anything though, if im understanding you.   I'm objecting to the idea that you can cast off swallowing Russian talking points, which right wingers provably have, by simply saying, "well the government wasn't honest!".  Has government ever been honest?   

39 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Cool.  I'm not objecting to questioning anything though, if im understanding you.   I'm objecting to the idea that you can cast off swallowing Russian talking points, which right wingers provably have, by simply saying, "well the government wasn't honest!".  Has government ever been honest?   

I'm being sarcastic.

I, for one, enjoy being lectured about misinformation when we have independent journalists forced to call out The Associated Press for repeated attempts to frame stories for the DNC & Harris/Walz campaign. 

Nevermind the nonstop onslaught of lies from our mainstream media on a litany of politically charged issues, The AP literally sets the journalistic guidelines to be used by local media around the country.  

This needs to stop.  And this is far more dangerous to our democracy than the constant fear mongering from China’s simps about Russia. 

A thread… 🧵 This lie is so blatant that The AP had to delete it.  But not before it had millions of impressions and was picked up by local media around the country, along with being parroted by Dem surrogates and the Harris/Walz campaign. 

Edited by SCBills