New school year =new school shootings!

22 minutes ago, boyst said:

And kids can't get access to them regardless? What about making sure kids have access to protect their home or use recreationally?

It used to be fairly common for kids to use firearms. Now it's sasscaserryyyyyy

I don't know if you have kids.

If you do, imagine this: the FBI contacts you - the frickin FBI - saying your kid has been posting threats online, including about shooting up a school. You tell the FBI you do have guns for hunting. 

You:

1. Do nothing. Keep your AR accessible to the kid. Lots of kids make idle threats. Guns is good.

2. Secure your guns. Keep an eye on your kid to make sure he only has access when you are with him.

Maybe I'm in the minority in thinking that a visit from the FBI is kind of a big deal that requires a very serious intervention ...

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, boyst said:

And kids can't get access to them regardless? What about making sure kids have access to protect their home or use recreationally?

It used to be fairly common for kids to use firearms. Now it's sasscaserryyyyyy

Yeah but if you thought your kid was mentally unstable wouldn't you double check that your guns weren't easily available to him?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Went from teaching kids how to use them safely to "the FBI said the kid made threats.  

That changes the entire narrative.

Most legal gun owners will never have any issues with them. 

I'm all for charging the parents when their gun gets used by others. 

Eff.  Here in this state your on the hook if your gun is used in a crime and you didn't report it stolen.  

But then again ny DA's won't even charge for gun possession lately.  

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't know if you have kids.

If you do, imagine this: the FBI contacts you - the frickin FBI - saying your kid has been posting threats online, including about shooting up a school. You tell the FBI you do have guns for hunting. 

You:

1. Do nothing. Keep your AR accessible to the kid. Lots of kids make idle threats. Guns is good.

2. Secure your guns. Keep an eye on your kid to make sure he only has access when you are with him.

Maybe I'm in the minority in thinking that a visit from the FBI is kind of a big deal that requires a very serious intervention ...

The FBI is a joke. Id not be too concerned with what they say.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, boyst said:

The FBI is a joke. Id not be too concerned with what they say.

So the FBI knocks on your door and tells you that your kid is posting things about school shootings.

You say o.k., thanks, and then tell your kid that the FBI is a joke. 

And just like the last kid's parents, you add "next time, don't get caught."

Haha.

Part of the problem.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

Yeah but if you thought your kid was mentally unstable wouldn't you double check that your guns weren't easily available to him?

In this case yes. I don't own guns. Fishing accident a few decades ago was brutal. 

But, is also... Id have them going to get help 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

So the FBI knocks on your door and tells you that your kid is posting things about school shootings.

You say o.k., thanks, and then tell your kid that the FBI is a joke. 

And just like the last kid's parents, you add "next time, don't get caught."

Haha.

Part of the problem.

I have direct family in the FBI. I cannot answer this fairly. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, boyst said:

In this case yes. I don't own guns. Fishing accident a few decades ago was brutal. 

That's all I'm saying, it was irresponsible for the dad to not have his firearms secure if he didn't. And if that is the case this shooting is on him.

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Wouldn't it just be easier to confiscate the 390 million firearms in the U.S.  ?

That seems to be 'thoughts' of many on the Left.

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

That's all I'm saying, it was irresponsible for the dad to not have his firearms secure if he didn't. And if that is the case this shooting is on him.

The kid is 14 years old there's only so much you can do to secure them. On top of that, we don't know how secure the firearm was. We also don't know relationship of the family, we're drawing a lot of speculation because the Feds said something. And by all accounts, who gives a s*** what they said, you know because they knew this guy was so dangerous they didn't do anything? Can't do anything, for one. But, I don't trust the fbi, I don't know why anyone should. And that's with direct family in the bureau and respecting the hell out of them knowing the full situation. 

Sadly the dad is going to get charged for this.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Wouldn't it just be easier to confiscate the 390 million firearms in the U.S.  ?

That seems to be 'thoughts' of many on the Left.

That's really weird, coming from you. We both know the left can't think. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

The kid is 14 years old there's only so much you can do to secure them. On top of that, we don't know how secure the firearm was. We also don't know relationship of the family, we're drawing a lot of speculation because the Feds said something. And by all accounts, who gives a s*** what they said, you know because they knew this guy was so dangerous they didn't do anything? Can't do anything, for one. But, I don't trust the fbi, I don't know why anyone should. And that's with direct family in the bureau and respecting the hell out of them knowing the full situation. 

playing the hits, never change lol

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

Alright who left the door open? neddie got in again, dammit.

Look at you wasting your day trying to attack others about another tragedy.  Like discussing anything here actually accomplishes anything. 

Remember the days when conservatives used to try and blame school schooling’s on video games and *checks notes* Marilyn Manson?

ahhhhh the good ol days.

It’s def not guns, def not.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, boyst said:

That’s a lot of words to answer the question “why does this only happen here?” (Or at least to this sickening level). 

And lovely how you end with “the left can’t think.” It’s been proven over and over that democrats are the more educated party. I mean we don’t buy golden sneakers from our political candidate, so we may need to step up there, but using the intelligence argument when defending the weirdos on the right is a brutally bad - and objectively false - take. 

13 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

That’s a lot of words to answer the question “why does this only happen here?” (Or at least to this sickening level). 

And lovely how you end with “the left can’t think.” It’s been proven over and over that democrats are the more educated party. I mean we don’t buy golden sneakers from our political candidate, so we may need to step up there, but using the intelligence argument when defending the weirdos on the right is a brutally bad - and objectively false - take. 

Proven... Where?  More educated doesn't mean smarter or any validation.

I'm not going to argue your opinion. It's a ridiculous point. You can concede not to argue or we can just trade ridiculous opinions of who is better.

It doesn't only happen in the United States. Maybe you don't travel much, maybe you don't pay attention to the world much. Brazil has school shootings regularly. But, they're probably not as 1st world as us. Japan doesn't but they abuse women and have much steeper laws, including firearms. So, we can't count them nor should we want to because Japan can't compare to the US. So, let's see... Middle East... Yeah, mostly peaceful middle East am I right? Ok, so, Canada... England? Turn in your knives, turn in your freedom, go to jail for saying mean things... When you want to fight back against the system of corruption taking your freedom you have no guns. And since the Brits nor Canadians have forethought or balls they deserve it. So, most of Europe? Germany, for example... No guns but rampant sexual assault annd various forms due to influx of foreigners. Mostly the East but invading the Badem-wurttemburg area now, top. France is up on as with violence and no guns, the mass shootings aren't needed. Chemical attacks and knife attacks do just fine.

So, yeah, I guess crazy people across the world do crazy things but here in America we shove our head up our rectum to think we are the only place to use guns in crime.