New school year =new school shootings!

Simple questions. Are the people who vote democrat in favor of dramatically enforcing illegal gun carry in this country? 20 to life min sentences for first time offenders? Do you think that would dramatically bring down gun deaths? If so why are these laws not in democrat run cities? 

• Like (+1) 1

Kid's family history is horrible and depressing.

Mom - educated, on the way to a good middle class life - gets addicted to meth. Just arrested (again) recently. 

Kids apparently live with the father. I suppose he was trying, but not succeeding. Something about him just getting evicted and moving the kid to a new school.

JD Vance would say it's wonderful that this couple had 3 kids.

Yeah, right.

I say they should have had zero, since after yesterday we're at net gain of one child, and that's before adjusting for the fact that the shooter will spend his life in jail.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Kid's family history is horrible and depressing.

Mom - educated, on the way to a good middle class life - gets addicted to meth. Just arrested (again) recently. 

Kids apparently live with the father. I suppose he was trying, but not succeeding. Something about him just getting evicted and moving the kid to a new school.

JD Vance would say it's wonderful that this couple had 3 kids.

Yeah, right.

I say they should have had zero, since after yesterday we're at net gain of one child, and that's before adjusting for the fact that the shooter will spend his life in jail.

I have met many adults that should not be parents. Thankfully some did not have kids. Some did and are not good parents!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I like to think that even if my parents had split up when I was a kid, even if my mom had been a drug addict who'd been arrested multiple times, even if I kept being kicked from school to school, even if my dad had an AR-15 that he left out and available to me, even if I'd lacked the moral upbringing I got from my parents and my (Catholic) schooling, that I would never have grabbed that gun and taken it to school when I was 14 and I felt that my life wasn't worth anything.

I like to think that. But deep down I don't know.

59 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I like to think that even if my parents had split up when I was a kid, even if my mom had been a drug addict who'd been arrested multiple times, even if I kept being kicked from school to school, even if my dad had an AR-15 that he left out and available to me, even if I'd lacked the moral upbringing I got from my parents and my (Catholic) schooling, that I would never have grabbed that gun and taken it to school when I was 14 and I felt that my life wasn't worth anything.

I like to think that. But deep down I don't know.

Those are excuses, many people grew up in a house like that and didn’t do stuff like that. My parents split up when I was 4 I lived in a foster home, went to Cali with my mom. She became an alcoholic and sent me back to New York to live with my dad when I was 8. Needless to say he wasn’t much of a father. I had to get a paper route at 12 to buy my  own cloths and tooth paste and such. Needless to say it wasn’t a good childhood and I never even thought of doing anything like that! Excuses.

Edited by 4th&long
  • Like (+1) 1

This is concerning if true.

This is why a license, regulation  & insurance system (like for cars) is important that we start talking about how to implement. It's wont stop all or motivated individuals, but I believe it will go a long way to slowing this insanity down. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

This is concerning if true.

This is why a license, regulation  & insurance system (like for cars) is important that we start talking about how to implement. It's wont stop all or motivated individuals, but I believe it will go a long way to slowing this insanity down. 

The country is full of white trash!

This sad story is about parental responsibility. A lot of kids have crummy childhood circumstances. Most don’t think about doing something like this, but then most aren’t given a gun at that age. If the kid doesn’t have access to the gun, he doesn’t fantasize about the act. What type of father gives a kid an AR? When we were 16 we had bolt action .22 rifles for rabbit hunting. School shootings didn’t exist. The kid knew the AR is for killing people. Probably thinks that’s why Dad gave it to him, so he could use it. Kids father is responsible. 

• Vomit 1

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Good God! 

9 mass shootings this month. on record to have the most ever.  Ironic as the FBI/MSM says gun crime is down.  This is the 9th mass shooting this month.  over 300 this year.  

I didn't hear any of you or those same MSM sites doing stories for those victims?  WHY

Mass Shootings in 2024 | Gun Violence Archive

Edited by Tommy Callahan

4 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

9 mass shootings this month. on record to have the most ever.  Ironic as the FBI/MSM says gun crime is down.  This is the 9th mass shooting this month.  over 300 this year.  

I didn't hear any of you or those same MSM sites doing stories for those victims?  WHY

Mass Shootings in 2024 | Gun Violence Archive

Too many guns around. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Too many guns around. 

Could be part of the problem. better go round them up.

using logic we should start where the majority of them happen.

Im all for using the laws on the books to prosecute for gun possession and gun crime.  and prosecuting where the illegal gun came from

As far as schools

The Capital police, sports arenas have moved to these detectors that pick-up weapons, not just metal like the old metal detectors.  They are coupled with software on the CCTV that will highlight any weapon.  In the case of a school, one can have magnetic locks (and a host of other things like shelter in place and 9-11 reporting) auto lock when the software picks up a weapon.  

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Im with the folks above. aggressively charge for gun possession/crime.

make examples for the rest of the ***** birds to see

Never happen, the left will cry racism because majority of the violence in blue run cities are by minorities. Can’t be locking up poor black and brown gangbangers.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 4th&long said:

First, we’re failing them because society tells men that masculinity is inherently evil and needs to be suppressed…

Second, we’re failing them because our society promotes mental illness…

Combone the two and you have a recipe for disaster…

• Like (+1) 2