506 Week 1 Distribution Maps

Someone needs to start this!!

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=1

One thing that surprised me was I thought last year both the first and last week of season both networks carried a double header game??  This year only Fox for week 1

This link was always one of my top 5 highlights of my week.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Thank you (+1) 7

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Surprised (although I shouldn’t be) how few people are getting the Bills Cards broadcast.  It’s a pretty attractive game…certainly better than NE and Cinci.

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I don't know exactly how Patriots vs. Bengals became such a draw.

:pirate: yarr time to be navigatin' the backwater streams

could be from a ratings standpoint, they know putting a west coast team in a 1:00 time slot hurts,.  Having 2 eastern time zone teams playing at 1 is better for overall ratings??

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

I jotted down some of my notes after seeing the map

image.png.a0e46f0341661dddcf42e5fc5ff8652e.png

I feel your pain.  I'm just on the inside southern edge of the Jacksonville TV market by about 10 miles and have missed some good games (Buffalo/Miami, etc.) because of it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ChasBB said:

I feel your pain.  I'm just on the inside southern edge of the Jacksonville TV market by about 10 miles and have missed some good games (Buffalo/Miami, etc.) because of it.

I thought being in Toledo, OH sucked. I would get stuck between two eastern time zone markets for NFC and AFC. It is worse here. Stuck between the Rams and the Chargers with those teams usually occupying the national TV slot in the later window. I don't think we got one game that wasn't in primetime last year. We didn't even get Bills vs Chiefs.  

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Someone needs to start this!!

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=1

One thing that surprised me was I thought last year both the first and last week of season both networks carried a double header game??  This year only Fox for week 1

This link was always one of my top 5 highlights of my week.

Can we 'sticky' this so its at the top of the board every week?

Who's the person who used to do this all nice-like the past few years? With the maps and keys posted here all nicely and such so we didn't even have to click on the link. 

I owe that person a beer, and I hope they come back and reprise their public service this season.

23 hours ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

Hmmm.  I'm in DC and it looks like we get the Bills this week, but my TV says that it's the Patriots-Bengals game.

Looks like it is watching in a bar for me.   

2 hours ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

S t r e a m e a s t

Oh ya....

I actually considered the ticket pretty seriously this year but with 3 of the first 4 games on other services and 4 of the first 6 I paused.

I can watch one game at the bar and stream one more. That buys me to week 7. Last year they reduced the Sunday Ticket price to half price prior to week 7 games.  

6 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

I thought being in Toledo, OH sucked. I would get stuck between two eastern time zone markets for NFC and AFC. It is worse here. Stuck between the Rams and the Chargers with those teams usually occupying the national TV slot in the later window. I don't think we got one game that wasn't in primetime last year. We didn't even get Bills vs Chiefs.  

Rabbit ears and throwing wires over the house in Sylvania id get fort wayne colts/bills games.

And getting Detroit stations is a great perk + buckeye cable vision has CBC.