More Washington Commanders drama incoming

The 9 Isles

There is so much wrong about this entire situation, starting with baiting this guy into some toxic statements. This guy is a dork and he does make some offensive comments. But the tweet makes is sound worse than it was. He doesn't say that "all" NFL players are dumb as hell. He uses the word spectrum of ranges starting with very smart.

We all know the Commander's organization has had a toxic culture. This piece is making it out like it's some breaking news. It's already been written about many times over the past couple of years. 

This is the James O'Keefe who likes to hire bad actors to catch "controversial content," then heavily edits his videos to push a particular narrative. He's settled defamation lawsuits multiple times, and is currently under investigation after being accused by his board of misappropriation of business funds.

This may or may not be true, but the O'Keefe guy is a feminine hygiene product...and the bag used for said product.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Regardless of the content of what he said, this is bush league reporting.

It reminds me of that movie Mr. deeds, with Adam Sandler and Winona Ryder, where she goes undercover like this (though later falls in love with him!)

that movie was freaking hilarious tho...wonder if Cecil was lurking in the background filming this to leak it...

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Shes asking questions like a reporter. This guy is a moron 

Exactly what I was thinking. The moron really thinks this is a date? It sounds more like a 20/20 interview with Barbara Walters.

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

that movie was freaking hilarious tho...wonder if Cecil was lurking in the background filming this to leak it...

Ha! Deeds is one of my favorite movies and so underrated (and not watched nearly enough). I always am using references from that movie (“I like feet,” “Winchestertonfieldville, Iowa”)—  and no one knows that movie!! 

27 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Was this a date? Secret recording? 

That's absolutely bush league and likely illegal. 

James O'Keefe is an absolute hack . Folks should do some research on him. He's a bad guy. He's scum. 

Legality depends on the state they are in. If they are in D.C. that's federal which is one-party consent for recording. So as long as one party is involved in the conversation and consents, they can secretly record. 

Baiting the dude by pretending you are interested in him and going on a "date" to secretly record him is trash journalism.

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Ha! Deeds is one of my favorite movies and so underrated (and not watched nearly enough). I always am using references from that movie (“I like feet,” “Winchestertonfieldville, Iowa”)—  and no one knows that movie!! 

Every time I hear Space Oddity I think about the helicopter ride 😂

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Seems a mite hypocritical that ol’ Rael here is happily cashing Commanders’ checks when he has that much contempt for the game, its players and its fans.

Because we all love our boss, coworkers, and companies so much we earn our paychecks with love.

We cant accurately make any judgements on Enteen until we see the "undercover reporter" they set him up with.

(Also, he told no lies from what I've read)

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

I like the part about they met on line for their date... he didnt know she was a reporter looking to dice him.... and he calls NFL players dumb as he\\ ... so there is that... 

But but... I thought she was really into me... 😅

44 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Because we all love our boss, coworkers, and companies so much we earn our paychecks with love.

We cant accurately make any judgements on Enteen until we see the "undercover reporter" they set him up with.

(Also, he told no lies from what I've read)

I believe we already know that project veritas is behind this, who are well known for undercover gotcha “journalism.” Personally they’re a repulsive outfit, but that’s neither here nor there. This guy was duped into saying these things on camera and he’ll be looking for different work soon. 

Edit: And no, he’s not “wrong” per se, but he’s making generalizations that make him look like an arrogant prick. Not all NFL players are dumb and homophobic. Not all fans are undereducated and alcoholic. And while Goodell certainly is a stooge, saying that on camera about the big boss is sure to get you canned.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Legality depends on the state they are in. If they are in D.C. that's federal which is one-party consent for recording. So as long as one party is involved in the conversation and consents, they can secretly record. 

Baiting the dude by pretending you are interested in him and going on a "date" to secretly record him is trash journalism.

If they were in Maryland, where the Commanders stadium is located, that's a two-party consent state.  So even if it is illegal there, he will probably going to lose his job.  But he can sue this reporter and their bosses.