Week 1, Cards v. Bills - Predict the Score

On 9/5/2024 at 1:31 PM, hondo in seattle said:

Agree.   

With our WR room, I'm not expecting receivers running open all over the field.  And with our OL, I'm not expecting Josh to repeatedly stand untouched in beautiful, clean pockets scanning the field for 4 seconds  before choosing which open receiver to throw to.  Brady will do some interesting things but he won't (yet) have anyone thinking we have the next Don Coryell or Bill Walsh running our offense.   

what?!?!

The WGR Saturday morning crew assured me that all these things would happen!

• Haha (+1) 1

24-20 Buffalo.

I think it is going to take a great effort from the running game and I think we will be white knuckling our way to the end because of the defense.   I can imagine a situation where the cardinals are driving and they will be showing the hail mary over and over on the broadcast....but because the bills are up 4 they will need to score a TD and the defense hangs in there and gets a stop.

I think it is going to be a gritty dirty game where the Bills have to play with the lead and control the game from start to finish.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills 31, cards 27

The offense may take a few series to get going, but should do so.  Run Davis and Johnson almost as much as Cook, as the two backups are much more physical and can wear down a defense, taking some pressure off the Bills' defense. 

The Bills' defense may not look quite like the the defenses we have come to expect under McD--too many new parts and a lack of quality depth at safety, linebacker and on the d-line.

Murray is too good of a player, Harrison is a new dynamic weapon, and the Bills seem to have a lesser defense, so it should make for a good game, better than I and most Bills' fans would like to start the season..

Go Bills!

Edited by Mister Defense

Bills 20,  Cards 13

everybody looks rusty,  offense misses barely on some big plays,  defense looks terrible until the redzone.  safeties make us all worried for next week.

want to be more positive, i havent seen anything that pushes me in that direction though.  Go Bills!!!