Josh getting MVP love

DJB

If JA17 manages to get 35+ TDs, keeps the INTs below 10 (<1 per game from here on out), and the Bills win the division by a wide margin it’ll be difficult to argue against him being MVP using previous media narratives. He’s probably going to need to win a big nationally televised game with dominant box score stats against another top QB to take it though…. Unless Lamar stumbles with a bad prime time game. 

On 9/4/2024 at 8:34 AM, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I love that he throws in nerdy ***** like the infinity stone. Nor always a fan of his takes but he sure is entertaining.

He may be over the top alot but you can't deny he's this generations' Chris Berman, with his unapologetic Bills support.  Don't ever change Kyle....

7 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

It will be Lamar or Mahomes, but I suspect Allen’s stats will be so good that the casual fan will slowly start waking up to the narratives against Allen. 

I agree about Lamar or Mahomes. It will go back and forth between those two maybe Caleb Williams or Stroud gets one at some point. But I don't think the casual fan will ever see beyond the narrative about Josh. He has been labeled, and unless he and the team wins a Super Bowl he's not going to get anything beyond "pro bowl" accolades. 

7 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I agree about Lamar or Mahomes. It will go back and forth between those two maybe Caleb Williams or Stroud gets one at some point. But I don't think the casual fan will ever see beyond the narrative about Josh. He has been labeled, and unless he and the team wins a Super Bowl he's not going to get anything beyond "pro bowl" accolades. 

If Josh can beat Mahomes head-to-head this season, that will certainly help his case though.  Lose to Mahomes, will be a lot harder seeing him overtake Mahomes in the voting, since MVP is so heavily rooted in each team’s record.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He may be over the top alot but you can't deny he's this generations' Chris Berman, with his unapologetic Bills support.  Don't ever change Kyle....

Chris Berman was class, knowledge and entertainment.

NFL coverage blows now.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

When Allen throws the least picks in the league this season I feel talking heads heads will explode. The narrative will shift to myths and legends - with reality smacking them right in the face. But we all know where this story ends, with what happens in January.

If no Int's, Josh will be relegated  to just a game manager like Trent Dilfer, Brock Purdy or whoever else they tag with that moniker.

Josh and the Bills have to win at least 1 or 2 SB's for him to have a chance at a left nut only slobber by the media, IMO. 

Hot take, Lamar is great but hugely helped by his scheme. Almost every throw I see him make is to an almost wide open player. Kudos to him for finding the correct read, but if there was an NFL redraft Allen would go #2 even if Lamar has 3 MVPs.

There's no way it's going to be Lamar this year. He gets another, he passes Mahomes with one less year in the league and passively that hurts Mahomes legacy. The voters wont let that happen (for better or worse). With no Super Bowl appearances that would be a bad look. I think this MVP race is wide open and If Mahomes is out, Goff, Henry, or Allen? Maybe I'm forgetting someone though. 

4 hours ago, balln said:

It’s gonna be the best qb with the number one seed. Tale as old as time.

unless another qb has a historic / or stat dwarfing differential from above 

It's crazy how many here still don't understand this. It's been pointed out every season since Josh was drafted.

Passing yards, TDs, INTs, etc, have little to no effect on the award.

It isn't based on some "media narrative."

The MVP will be awarded to the QB that leads his team to the #1 seed. It's been like this for the last 11 years! And barring some herculean season (think 6,000 yards 60 TDs) it will continue on that trend. Now you may think that is stupid, and I get that, but that's the way it works. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, QCity said:

It's crazy how many here still don't understand this. It's been pointed out every season since Josh was drafted.

Passing yards, TDs, INTs, etc, have little to no effect on the award.

It isn't based on some "media narrative."

The MVP will be awarded to the QB that leads his team to the #1 seed. It's been like this for the last 11 years! And barring some herculean season (think 6,000 yards 60 TDs) it will continue on that trend. Now you may think that is stupid, and I get that, but that's the way it works. 

Then congrats to Goff, because there is no way Mahomes will get it with the year he is having.

20 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Hot take, Lamar is great but hugely helped by his scheme. Almost every throw I see him make is to an almost wide open player. Kudos to him for finding the correct read, but if there was an NFL redraft Allen would go #2 even if Lamar has 3 MVPs.

What? Wait a minute now....

I thought Lamar couldn't read a defense? 

I read it here all the time he can't pass and only reads half the field.

You must be mistaken...

3 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

If JA17 manages to get 35+ TDs, keeps the INTs below 10 (<1 per game from here on out), and the Bills win the division by a wide margin it’ll be difficult to argue against him being MVP using previous media narratives. He’s probably going to need to win a big nationally televised game with dominant box score stats against another top QB to take it though…. Unless Lamar stumbles with a bad prime time game. 

Does anyone here actually think that JA17 has a chance of being MVP?

don’t fool yourselves.