Josh getting MVP love

DJB

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

There's no way it's going to be Lamar this year. He gets another, he passes Mahomes with one less year in the league and passively that hurts Mahomes legacy. The voters wont let that happen (for better or worse). With no Super Bowl appearances that would be a bad look. I think this MVP race is wide open and If Mahomes is out, Goff, Henry, or Allen? Maybe I'm forgetting someone though. 

Forgetting Sam Darnold 🙂

• Thank you (+1) 1

Lamar has been the best player so far. Playoffs will probably be a different story but that's not what the MVP is. Long ways to go and Josh is still +650 on Fanduel for anyone interested. That's easily the best value on the board. Edit: CJ Stroud +2000 is a nice flyer too.

Edited by VW82
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BlazinBill said:

How can another MVP be on a team with the MVP doesn't that kinda water that down?

It SHOULD, but clearly you don’t understand, Henry is only great because Lamar is the one handing him the ball.  I mean look at Lamar’s numbers last year and tell me those don’t just SCREAM MVP.

43 minutes ago, Savage said:

Does anyone here actually think that JA17 has a chance of being MVP?

don’t fool yourselves.

Nope, won’t matter what he does, he’s not going to win it.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

There's no way it's going to be Lamar this year. He gets another, he passes Mahomes with one less year in the league and passively that hurts Mahomes legacy. 

Nothing boxes up a legacy like three SB wins along with three SB MVP’s. Lamar is irrelevant on the matter.

53 minutes ago, Savage said:

don’t fool yourselves.

With climate change ramping up I suppose hell could freeze. 🤷‍♂️ 

don’t fool yourselves.

don’t fool yourselves.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Nothing boxes up a legacy like three SB wins along with three SB MVP’s. Lamar is irrelevant on the matter.

I don't see him winning it again this year unless his stats are dominant. They were far from that last year. I honestly don't know why he won it last year. That will come into play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Savage said:

don’t fool yourselves.

No no way. Unless he TORCHES mahommes and Lamar / Goff and their teams stumbles 

9 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Judging by your comments, hell would have to freeze over three times!!

seems about right.

9 hours ago, DCofNC said:

It SHOULD, but clearly you don’t understand, Henry is only great because Lamar is the one handing him the ball.  I mean look at Lamar’s numbers last year and tell me those don’t just SCREAM MVP.

Nope, won’t matter what he does, he’s not going to win it.

Agreed

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Savage said:

don’t fool yourselves.

Early in the season i had the sense that the media, etc.. wanted Josh to win the MVP.  But then the performance on SNF vs Baltimore hurt bad and followed up by a 9 for 30 game.  That was the nail in the proverbial coffin.  He played a nice second half vs Tennessee but would have to go on a tremendous heater vs teams like Seattle, KC, SF, Detroit, etc..   and that's assuming Lamar and Goff would tail off, have a few poor games and losses.  Lamar still has to play the Steelers twice and Bengals again, as well as a solid Denver defense.

Personally i think Lamar was fraudulent last season and won MVP only because they were the #1 seed.  But it was in large part due to the Ravens D and special teams.  I would've awarded Josh or maybe Purdy.  

And for the record I think Lamar has been outstanding this season.  Much more deserving so far than he was last season even if they aren't the 1 seed.  But the voters may not want him to get a 3rd MVP so he's chasing from behind.

Edited by zow2

14 hours ago, Process said:

The Carolina Panthers have a better chance of winning the Superbowl than a RB winning MVP 

Which is why I don't take the award seriously anymore.  When they robbed Gurley in 2017, that was it for me.  

Thurman wouldn't have won his well-deserved MVP award with today's criteria. 

It's a joke.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Early in the season i had the sense that the media, etc.. wanted Josh to win the MVP.  But then the performance on SNF vs Baltimore hurt bad and followed up by a 9 for 30 game.  That was the nail in the proverbial coffin.  He played a nice second half vs Tennessee but would have to go on a tremendous heater vs teams like Seattle, KC, SF, Detroit, etc..   and that's assuming Lamar and Goff would tail off, have a few poor games and losses.  Lamar still has to play the Steelers twice and Bengals again, as well as a solid Denver defense.

Personally i think Lamar was fraudulent last season and won MVP only because they were the #1 seed.  But it was in large part due to the Ravens D and special teams.  I would've awarded Josh or maybe Purdy.  

And for the record I think Lamar has been outstanding this season.  Much more deserving so far than he was last season even if they aren't the 1 seed.  But the voters may not want him to get a 3rd MVP so he's chasing from behind.

If it comes down to Goff and Jackson, Jackson will get it.

the media has a hard on for him.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Savage said:

If it comes down to Goff and Jackson, Jackson will get it.

the media has a hard on for him.

Absolutely, if he’s rightfully in the top 5 of consideration (he is), he’s going to get it over any of the “less desirable” QBs

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If true that is very sad because Henry is on target for rushing for over 2000 yards.

The narrative is written, QBs make the whole team and wins matter more than actual impact.  The general media idiot is going “ won 10+ games, won division, must be the QB.  Look he didn’t throw a lot of ints, he’s the MVP”.   Forget the fact that the guy they chose hasn’t accounted for nearly as much offense in yards, TDs, percentage of points, etc. 

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Which is why I don't take the award seriously anymore.  When they robbed Gurley in 2017, that was it for me.  

Thurman wouldn't have won his well-deserved MVP award with today's criteria. 

It's a joke.

It’s just as bad as the Pro Bowl.