Josh getting MVP love

DJB

17 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Josh didn't win MVP last year because of picks and the narrative about him being a turnover machine despite half of those picks being 3rd and long, 4th down and off Diggs/Davis hands. People don't care about that. They see 18 interceptions and go Oh he cost the  Bills games despite having the 2 seed. Mahomes has 8 less interceptions the last 3 years. Mahomes has 105 throwing TDs, Josh has 100. Josh has 28 rushing TDs, Mahomes has 6.

So Allen has 128 TDs vs 47 picks

Mahomes has 111 Tds vs 39 picks

So Allen has 17 TDs vs 8 picks.

Yet Mahomes doesn't get hit with turnover machine. Mahomes throws a lot of TDs on TE screens and RB screens but his one yard shuffle pass to Kelce is more important than Allen's 1 yard TD. It's just the media creating a narrative. Lamar had absolutely no reason to win MVP last year. He isn't even the best player on his time (Roquon Smith) and because he didn't have to play at all down 2 scores the Ravens could protect him and not make him throw. It's dumb. Allen is the 2nd best QB in the league and the most talented but gets no respect and "over-rated" and choker labels put on him. 

When the narrative and reality don’t match, that is when you buy or sell the stock. 

Life has a way of eventually balancing out. 

Sounds like Bills fans know what to buy while the price is cheaper than it should be. 

19 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

surprised Brandt had something good to say about Allen lol

he's been very cool on Allen and the Bills since they didn't renew that ***** show the two of them did that one year

You are just full of incorrect takes. The show was Kyle’s, and Josh was simply a regular Tuesday guest for a segment. 

its always nice to get some love... but in the end... lets play and see what happens... I would be happy to see Josh royally scr#wed out of an MVP in exchange for an SB... I think he would too...  I dont put much stock in MVP stuff, I feel like it is a marketing and popularity contest. 

Edited by JP51

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

If the season ended today I would say absolutely it is LJ, with Josh not far behind. What is hilarious is how many people have basically flipped their argument on TDs vs TO just to praise LJ this year while disparaging JA last year. 

It’s gonna be the best qb with the number one seed. Tale as old as time.

unless another qb has a historic / or stat dwarfing differential from above 

id say it’s Goff slight edge over LJ. I don’t think Josh Allen is considered nationally (he should). 

He looked awful head to head on national tv game vs Lamar. And followed it up with historically bad game vs stroud/ Diggs. Optics matter

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, balln said:

id say it’s Goff slight edge over LJ. I don’t think Josh Allen is considered nationally (he should). 

He looked awful head to head on national tv game vs Lamar. And followed it up with historically bad game vs stroud/ Diggs. Optics matter

I have not watched much of Goff, so I can't comment on him. What a stupid standard for MVP though I know not is the standard. 

There is no doubt that if the season ended today Lamar would win it.  But thats also coming fresh off a 5 TD game.  I mean he is first in rating, 2nd in QBR, 2nd in TD's, and 5th in Yards all on a run first team to boot.  

Allen looked terrible in prime time against Lamar, looked even worse the next week in maybe the worst game of his career against Houston, was solid against the Jets and struggled early against the Titans before getting on track later in the game.  

For Allen to win it now, he is going to have to go on an impressive run and the Ravens are going to need to lose another game or two.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

18 minutes ago, balln said:

1 seed qb is usually a decent estimate but I don’t see it happening this year…Lamar is probably way ahead of Goff right now in the betting odds despite those setting the odds having a good idea chiefs and lions have the inside track to the 1 seed 

I doubt Goff is even in the top 3

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There is no doubt that if the season ended today Lamar would win it.  But thats also coming fresh off a 5 TD game.  I mean he is first in QBR, 2nd in TD's, and 5th in Yards all on a run first team to boot.  

Allen looked terrible in prime time against Lamar, looked even worse the next week in maybe the worst game of his career against Houston, was solid against the Jets and struggled early against the Titans before getting on track later in the game.  

For Allen to win it now, he is going to have to go on an impressive run and the Ravens are going to need to lose another game or two.  

He is not first in QBR, Allen is. Jackson is 2nd.

• Like (+1) 2

There is a long time to go in the season (and beyond), so anything can happen between now and then.

Hard not to give Lamar the nod up to this point -- of course, it helps having a RB at your side who is on pace to break the single-season rushing record.

Goff is setting a new standard in terms of accuracy this year too, so it is worth watching to see if he can keep that up.

The fact that Josh has yet to toss an INT certainly bears consideration, especially since his tossing too many INTs has been the reason given for overlooking him the last few years. I also wonder if the acquisition of Cooper will help his passing numbers to explode. In the first game with Amari, Josh threw for over 300 yards. He's never done that before WITHOUT Diggs on the team. Shows how important having a true WR1 is.

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There is no doubt that if the season ended today Lamar would win it.  But thats also coming fresh off a 5 TD game.  I mean he is first in QBR, 2nd in TD's, and 5th in Yards all on a run first team to boot.  

I have to agree, but would argue that if Henry keeps up these historic numbers, it could hurt his odds. Not only does Allen need to go on a run, but he would have to do the Chiefs, what no one else has been able to do. If that happens, that would washout the head to head with Lamar.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He is not first in QBR, Allen is. Jackson is 2nd.

Sorry, I meant rating not QBR.  I had not checked QBR.  Lamar has a 118 QB Rating right now.  I just fixed it

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sorry, I meant rating not QBR.  I had not checked QBR.  Lamar has a 118 QB Rating right now.  I just fixed it

Meh...QB Rating is not really a valid measurement anymore...

It was designed to measure QB's when they had an average rating of 67. Long outlived it's usefulness in today's game.

Lamar deserves it now but we are not even half way through the year. A lot will change. 

Remember, with Lamar voters will always be looking for a reason to give it to him. With Josh they will always be looking for reasons not too. That's a big advantage he has.  

Bills must finish as a top 2 seed, and also be seeded higher than the Ravens. That's non negotiable, if Ravens are the 1 seed numbers are irrelevant and Lamar is MVP. Dumb but that's how it is. If chiefs are 1 and bills 2 Josh will have a chance. 

TBH I think there is a very good chance Josh retires with zero MVPs. 

• Agree 1

The top two players in MVP betting odds right now are Lamar (+225) and Mahomes (+475), so if you’re inclined to think that voters would be hesitant to give Lamar a third MVP (IMO a real consideration) and that Mahomes WON’T be MVP (he will not) this week is probably the perfect time to place MVP bets on a portion of the rest of the field.

51 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

If the season ended today I would say absolutely it is LJ, with Josh not far behind. What is hilarious is how many people have basically flipped their argument on TDs vs TO just to praise LJ this year while disparaging JA last year. 

Jackson is the MVP through 7 weeks.

His current pace

4400 yards passing

1100 yards rushing

36 Passing TDs

5 Rushing TDs

5 INTs

Allen current pace

3600 yards passing

435 yards rushing

29 Passing TDs

7 Rushing TDs

0 INTs

If he were to continue to play at this level - it'd be a historic year.  We know he won't, because in a multitude of ways its unsustainable - Players will get hurt, weather will get worse, and occasionally you just don't play well or another team has a good gameplan.  But right now that is an insane pace.  Allen's stats are good, but 3 games under 200 yards passing - Miami game flow is one thing, but those baltimore and houston games look terrible when you're projecting 7 games across 17.  

Fun fact - the ravens have the highest YPC average with Henry, and the 2nd highest ypc average with lamar.  200+ carries at 6 yards per clip.  Also... fairly unsustainable.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue