Josh getting MVP love

DJB

He had 400 more total yards, and 5 more total touchdowns than the guy who won it last year.   Think about that, he had more yards and touchdowns than the guy who won it last year, and didnt even make the pro-bowl.   If you're looking for Allen to win an MVP when he cant even get in the pro-bowl with 44 total touchdowns, you may as well just come to the realization his chance of winning an MVP are minute as best.

Overrated my butt.   Amazingly underrated. 

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He had 400 more total yards, and 5 more total touchdowns than the guy who won it last year.   Think about that, he had more yards and touchdowns than the guy who won it last year, and didnt even make the pro-bowl.   If you're looking for Allen to win an MVP when he cant even get in the pro-bowl with 44 total touchdowns, you may as well just come to the realization his chance of winning an MVP are minute as best.

Overrated my butt.   Amazingly underrated. 

he has more TDs than anyone in NFL history at this rate and he's never been close to MVP

i agree it probably will not happen

I put $100 on Josh for MVP at +850. 

Bills defense seems likely to take a step back this year. And give up more points. 

So Bills will need to score more points to win games. 

More offensive scoring means more passing yards for Bills. And Josh. 

Better stats means MVP. 

Now, of course this line of reasoning could also mean more Josh hero ball, more turnovers, fewer wins, and no MVP. 

im gambling that Josh has matured a bit, which hopefully decreases the low probability hero ball adventures. 

We’ll see. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DJB said:

That was awesome I don’t care what anyone says. Love Kyle Brandt. I know he’s on the lions this year and rightfully so after our bills have continuously let him and us down in the playoffs but still shows his love to our boy Josh, the only reason we’re even considered to be a playoff team this year

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

he has more TDs than anyone in NFL history at this rate and he's never been close to MVP

i agree it probably will not happen

Allen got screwed last year.  Brady got screwed in 2021.     If you lead the league in both yards and touchdowns, you are by far the most valuable player in the league.  

Couldnt care less about the MVP, it subjective.   Just win the Superbowl, thats not debatable. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Bills defense seems likely to take a step back this year. And give up more points. 

Better stats means MVP. 

Now, of course this line of reasoning could also mean more Josh hero ball, more turnovers, fewer wins, and no MVP. 

im gambling that Josh has matured a bit, which hopefully decreases the low probability hero ball adventures. 

We’ll see. 

Go Bills!

I’ve got money on Josh too.  I look at it as we’re effectively betting on the Bills to be the 1 seed, MAYBE 2 seed if Josh puts up some unbelievable stats too.  But it’s all about being the QB of the team that wins the most.  Beating the likes of Stroud, Lamar, Mahomes and Purdy head-to-head will need to happen, at least 3 of 4.  I didn’t list Tua or Rodgers bc to be 1 or 2 seed, we obviously need to win the division as well.

12 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Better stats means MVP. 

We’ll see. 

Go Bills!

The last five NFL MVPs have come from a team with the best or second best record in the league.   Seems like thats more important to the writers than stats.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Fleezoid said:

Kyle Brandt always picks Josh Allen. One of the only ones that does. Josh Allen will always be in the MVP discussion until the end, when he comes in 3rd or 4th. 

If Josh throws for more than 9 interceptions he'll be immediately formulated out of the NFL's MVP criteria. 17 should already have at least one. When do players like Lamar get disqualified for their garbage playoff performances every year....and just remember folks the NFL says for every Allen interception,  you deduct 2 tds.

• Agree 1

Same passing numbers as last season he will be looked at better without Diggs and Davis.  If he is more efficient he takes it pretty easily.  Allen is entering his prime and I think he is going to shove this season up Diggs and every haters ass.