OT---before we get rid of a few things

I wondered if there were people on the wall interested.

With all the sickness in my family I think it is time for me to start weeding out the high collectibles I have. I know some of you do the E-bay thing but I'd rather it go to my family or friends first then I can do the e-bay thing.

I had always pictured Larry and a bunch of kids putting up the train sets at Christmas time. just like my family did when I was 3. Alas no Larry no kids and I still have all my trains from the late 50's - early 60's.

The coins are too numerous to say

if you are interested you can PM me an e-mail addy and I can send a list.

(warning worth around 2 grand)

Lionel trains, you may want to get it appraised. Lionel over a long time has gone from a toy to a hobby to where it is now an investment. You will be stunned to know the value of what you got. Don't give it away

My jackass cousin offered me $200 for my entire collection, knowing full well it was worth 10x that. Gotta love a relative

Cindy - PM me with some descriptions of the trains.  My ex-girlfriend's step dad is a huge collector and has the $ to pay the going value.

362712[/snapback]

Cindy, I apologize.

However, you still keep in touch with her? Do you pull an Ed, get drunk on her lawn and cry for her to come back to you?

I've got a Lionel set from 1957 in the original boxes. My dad paid $50 new for it. I checked about 3 years ago and it was worth at least $750. About 10 years ago I had a hobby store offer me $45 for it. I knew he was trying to rip me off.

Cindy, I apologize. 

However, you still keep in touch with her?  Do you pull an Ed, get drunk on her lawn and cry for her to come back to you?

362776[/snapback]

Hulk Hogan is a pillow biter.

Don't give up those trains without looking into what you got!

The post-war era trains can bring a hefty buck.

The video out there about lionel and the first 100 years, gives you a great break down of the ups and downs of the company.

Also look into the books.

I think the New York Central Hudson (depending on year and condition) brings a nice amout?

From the early 60's there was a downswing (advent of the jet age) with trains and Lionel started to diversify into some different toys... Some wild concepts too. You got any of those? Might bring some good money?

Again look into what you have before you dump anything!