Random contract signings around the league

Gregg

NOTHING HAS CHANGED except for the increased cap burden Ramsey places on the Phish 😂

"Out of all the players mentioned in this article, Ramsey most certainly seems the most overrated of them all. He was deemed the best cornerback in the league back when he was with the Rams, but he most certainly isn't that anymore. He is still a pretty good cornerback, but he has a taken a step back. Also, this might be whenever he has faced against the Bills and Josh Allen, but he typically has had some of his worst games, even dating back to when he was in Jacksonville. Again, Ramsey was brought in to help this Dolphins defense, especially against the likes of the Bills and Allen, but hasn't paid off yet. If Allen is still with the Bills, there isn't much hope for the Dolphins with Ramsey leading the defensive back field, based off of Allen's success against Ramsey."

https://buffalowdown.com/posts/buffalo-bills-division-rival-most-insanely-overrated-player-01j0c9w78ddh

40 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Why do major contract signings all have to be merged together? 👎🏻

If they weren't, right now we'd have three different threads on the front page (2 from the same poster) about guys contracts who aren't even Bills.

Do we really need a whole new thread just because some random player from another team signed an extension?

I don't think that's the kind of thing that posters come here to see on the front page.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

So they paid Tua, Hill, Waddle, and Ramsey to record breaking contracts.

How are they doing this?

Don't forget Chubb!  Phillips needs an extension.  Holland might be their best player on defense and also needs an extension.  They also let their best lineman leave in free agency.  

Hill will be 31 in 2025- and he already has a cap hit of almost 20M in 2027 when his contract ends - and a 55M cap hit in 2026 that all but guarantees he'll be released in 2026 (a 5M roster bonus triggers on the 3rd league day so they have to make the decision pretty early). His prorated 2026 bonus (9.9M), the restructure (6.2M), the void years (19M), the option (3.1M) = 38.2M cap hit for miami in 2026 for him to not play there.  If they restructure him in 2026 to reduce the 55 cap hit (when he is 32 years old), you have to add years, and it does nothing with the void money but kick it down the road.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/19119/tyreek-hill

Ramsey will be 30 in October. Three years at that rate? I wouldn’t bet on that. They will be taking their medicine at some point. 

Just now, Prospector said:

That was a mass email, we all got that invite

Are you telling me I’m NOT special? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Ramsey will be 30 in October. Three years at that rate? I wouldn’t bet on that. They will be taking their medicine at some point. 

Are you telling me I’m NOT special? 

Well, I teach Special Ed, so I would say some of us here qualify as special

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

If they weren't, right now we'd have three different threads on the front page (2 from the same poster) about guys contracts who aren't even Bills.

Do we really need a whole new thread just because some random player from another team signed an extension?

I don't think that's the kind of thing that posters come here to see on the front page.

You’re right…I’d much rather see threads like, “what’s on your menu for the game”, or the weekly, “the nfl is rigged” nonsense instead. 

Ramsey is trash,

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SCBills said:

Tee Higgins out here conspiring with Chase to force Mike Brown’s hand..

It couldn't happen to a better cheapskate....... if it's true :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He's still a top corner, not the best and he's 29....

The Dolphins are going all in on keeping a roster together that hasn't accomplished anything. 

On 9/4/2024 at 3:02 PM, HOUSE said:

And who do you think pays for these inflated contracts?

Well. It won't be me...:w00t:

It would be worse if all that revenue were going just to the billionaire owners and Roger Goodell. At least the athletes work for a living. 

18 hours ago, SCBills said:

Tee Higgins out here conspiring with Chase to force Mike Brown’s hand..

It would be AWESOME if they both sat and the Pats* get a rare win to drop them in the draft while the Bengals take an L for being cheap. 

On 9/4/2024 at 2:51 PM, Gregg said:

Adam Schefter on X: "ESPN Sources: Denver Broncos and two-time Pro-Bowl CB Patrick Surtain ll reached agreement today on a four-year, $96 million extension that includes $77.5 million guaranteed, now making him the highest-paid defensive back in NFL history. Tory Dandy of CAA negotiated the deal. https://t.co/RF8NaAWMuG" / X

Surtain is probably the best CB in the league. Easily top 5. That’s the kind of deal you give that player. 

22 hours ago, Low Positive said:

He wasn't making that much less than that before. For his ego he has to be the highest paid corner in the league.  So they gave him a little extension to satisfy one of the biggest egos in the league. Remember when he showed up to Jags camp in a Brinks truck?

when Surtain got the new deal I said to a buddy, Ramsey will be re-worked to make him the highest paid just to appease him and not be a disturbance.