Team Captains ???

Saint Douggie

When are they announcing them? Haven’t seen anything yet and am really curious who the new leadership group will be with so many prominent vets leaving this off-season.

I’m guessing:

Josh (obvious)

Dawkins

Von

Oliver

Bernard

Hollins (special teams)

Thoughts? 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not having any thoughts…, 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, Beast said:

Your wife always said you were a thoughtless bastard.

She is a lawyer on top of it, I have to watch my words lol, 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

• Simon changed the title to Team Captains ???
50 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I think today is the first day of actual practice, so I imagine we will find out later. 

I think benching/releasing captains is a bad look, so I’d be surprised if role players like Von and Knox got a C.

Josh

Dawkins

Bernard

Oliver

Ferguson

Hollins 

They literally moved on from 6 captains from last year - so I don't think that's a concern with this team.

59 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I think today is the first day of actual practice, so I imagine we will find out later. 

I think benching/releasing captains is a bad look, so I’d be surprised if role players like Von and Knox got a C.

Josh

Dawkins

Bernard

Oliver

Ferguson

Hollins 

I love Oliver but I see Daquan Jones as more of the Captain on the D-Line 

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Josh

Dawkins

Bernard

Oliver

Ferguson

Hollins 

Substitute Douglas for Oliver and that's my list as well.

1 hour ago, seven&nine said:

They literally moved on from 6 captains from last year - so I don't think that's a concern with this team.

That’s what I mean, I don’t think they like moving on from guys who were also captains. Or making captains of players who are likely to leave at the end of the year. 

48 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Are you feeling ok?

Yes I am 😁

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I've been seeing a bunch of other teams releasing their announcements of team captains, and I'm jealous now.  What's taking the Bills so long?  Need a couple recounts on the votes?

My guesses are below.  Of note, McDermott went with 6 team captains from 2017-2019, then 7 in 2020, 8 in 2021, 9 in 2022, and back to 8 last year.  I feel like we might be back to a lower number this year with all the incumbent captains departing?

Offense

-Allen and Dawkins are locks IMO, although Dawkins hasn't been a captain since 2020 I think he's such a veteran leader he's gotta be one this year.

-Mack Hollins.  Everyone on the Bills appears to be obsessed with this guy.  He might also count as a special teams captain.

-Dalton Kincaid?

Defense

-Bernard.  He's the QB of the defense.  Edmunds was a team captain basically every year till he left.  Now that Bernard is the established starter, he'll get the C.

-Von Miller has been a captain each of the last 2 years.  Hard for me to think they take it away this year.

-Benford?

Special Teams

-Mack Hollins? (see above)

-Casey Toohill?