How have your fantasy drafts gone?

GASabresIUFan

1 minute ago, Conlan58 said:

QBs - Kyler Murray, Matthew Stafford

RBs - Bijan Robinson, Travis Etienne, Gus Edwards, Tyler Allgeier, Justice Hill, Braelon Allen

WRs - Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle, Cooper Kupp, Michael Pittman, Keon Coleman

TEs - Sam LaPorta, Pat Freiermuth

12 man keeper league (keepers were Murray, Robinson, LaPorta, Wilson) and I drafted 9th in each round. 

No Kickers, No Defense, No IDP because all of these are stupid. 

Having Defensive players separates the casuals from the nerds. Scouting kickers points out the obsessives.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

That's true, but sometimes the auto pick drafts turn out pretty dang good, lol. In my work league last year our CEO auto drafted and he ended with one of the best regular season records. He would have done better if he paid more attention late in the season.

The good thing about auto-pick is that it doesn't get emotional. How many of us picked Shakir, Kincaid, or Colman too early?

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

I avoided Chicago players precisely because of the wealth of targets. The same with Houston. While that maybe a mistake on my part, I tend to favor "only option" type players for volume. That's why i'm banking on Shakir getting 100+ targets.

There is some merit to that but when they are an established redzone target I tend to overlook it. While Kmet will lose targets in the rest of the field he was their main redzone guy and I think he will continue to feature heavily there and with a better QB.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is some merit to that but when they are an established redzone target I tend to overlook it. While Kmet will lose targets in the rest of the field he was their main redzone guy and I think he will continue to feature heavily there and with a better QB.

He got targeted a couple of times in the preseason by Caleb Williams, and that stuck out to me.

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Any notable GMs in your leagues?

Nobody famous, but...

My commissioner is running 5 different leagues all with different point systems and position requirements.

One of his leagues penalizes for sacks/interceptions so that QBs get low points, and even go negative (like Josh vs Jets wk1 ).  My league penalizes fg misses so some players didn't even draft a kicker. Justin Tucker went in the 5th.

9 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Last night.

10 teams, 16 rounds. QB, WR, WR, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, D, D, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

1.(5)Tyreek Hill  (Mia - WR)

2.(16)Garrett Wilson  (NYJ - WR)

3.(25)Travis Etienne Jr.  (Jax - RB)

4.(36)Kenneth Walker III  (Sea - RB)

5.(45)DJ Moore  (Chi - WR)

6.(56)Dalton Kincaid  (Buf - TE)

7.(65)Tua Tagovailoa  (Mia - QB)

8.(76)D'Andre Swift  (Chi - RB)

9.(85)Caleb Williams  (Chi - QB)

10.(96)Harrison Butker  (KC - K)

11.(105)Cleveland  (Cle - DEF)

12.(116)C.J. Mosley  (NYJ - LB)

13.(125)Patrick Queen  (Pit - LB)

14.(136)Khalil Shakir  (Buf - WR)

15.(145)Jessie Bates III  (Atl - S)

16.(156)Christian Watson  (GB - WR)

Thoughts:

1) Josh went 4th overall (to a Bills fan) 2) I really wanted Saquon Barkley but had to settle for Garrett Wilson 2 picks later. 3) I was hoping for Mahomes in round 3 but settled for Etienne 4 picks later. 4) Baltimore D was taken in the 3rd round. 5) Was pleased to get Kenneth Walker in round 4 (I took him over Mixon though). 6) Was pleased to get DJ Moore in round 5. 7) I took Dalton Kincaid over Kyle Pitts who went 1 round later.I ended up taking 3 Bears, Caleb, DJ, and Swift. That wasn’t necessarily the plan though I don’t mind either. 9) I despise Butker but glad he was there in the 10th. Overall pleased with my draft.

I would be more disgusted drafting Tua. No Fish on my teams.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I would take him after AJ Brown, and G Wilson, but at 9 I would also consider a RB like J Taylor, S Barkley, or Ky Williams.  Of course, you can also just choose Chase and hope he helps in the playoffs when it really counts.

I'd take him after Brown, and indeed have in a league.  He'd be after CeeDee, Tyreek, AJ Brown and JJ for sure at receiver. And I'd take at least Bijan, Saquon and Taylor ahead of him. I guess that means if I was at 9 I'd consider Chase. I think I'd take him ahead of Wilson. St Brown and Chase would be a toss up for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd take him after Brown, and indeed have in a league.  He'd be after CeeDee, Tyreek, AJ Brown and JJ for sure at receiver. And I'd take at least Bijan, Saquon and Taylor ahead of him. I guess that means if I was at 9 I'd consider Chase. I think I'd take him ahead of Wilson. St Brown and Chase would be a toss up for me. 

I would draft St Brown at 5. I like his steady production. Like a machine.

I know he's rated lower, but that just means it was guaranteed that I would take him if I drafted top 8.

Micky, Reek, Lamb, Jefferson, then Amon. Chase (normally) would be here.

Then B Hall, Bijan, Brown and Wilson ... Chase/Saquon/Taylor would be the toss up for me. 

Ideal would be WR in 1st because 2nd round is chock full of RB options that are tossups.

26 minutes ago, nucci said:

why do you guys do snake drafts? Auction is only fair way to draft. I've converted people who will never do snake again after doing auction.

edit: after reading about it more, I would hate auctions.

You are dependent on knowing the other members instead of knowing NFL players. You need to study each other. This will give a huge advantage to longtime players vs newbies. How would a new person know what the cost ranges would be?

Any Biases or Feuds would be exploited. Family/Couples can bleed loners dry. Not fair at all.

Edited by unbillievable

22 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

edit: after reading about it more, I would hate auctions.

You are dependent on knowing the other members instead of knowing NFL players. You need to study each other. This will give a huge advantage to longtime players vs newbies. How would a new person know what the cost ranges would be?

Any Biases or Feuds would be exploited. Family/Couples can bleed loners dry. Not fair at all.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Auctions are fun and exciting and you can pretty much get any player you want as opposed to watching best players being taken while you wait your turn.

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

I have no idea what you're talking about. Auctions are fun and exciting and you can pretty much get any player you want as opposed to watching best players being taken while you wait your turn.

If everyone knows you're a Bills fan, wouldn't they jack up the cost of Josh Allen knowing you would pay above market value?

Let me guess, after the best players are taken in an auction draft, the rest of the players usually go for minimums or no one else bids.

Snake drafts gets more exciting as the pool of players dwindle. Yes, like the real NFL draft, the top 2 rounds are predictable, that's why the best make their money in the mid/late rounds.

Edited by unbillievable

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

Let me guess, after the best players are taken in an auction draft, the rest of the players usually go for minimums or no one else bids.

Snake drafts gets more exciting as the pool of players dwindle. Yes, like the real NFL draft, the top 2 rounds are predictable, that's why the best make their money in the mid/late rounds.

the point of auction drafts is not waiting while players you want get picked. You can pretty much get any player you want. One of our teams drafted Tyreek Hill, Cee Dee Lamb and BJ Robinson. His bench isn't great but no way you get those 3 players in a snake draft

1 minute ago, nucci said:

the point of auction drafts is not waiting while players you want get picked. You can pretty much get any player you want. One of our teams drafted Tyreek Hill, Cee Dee Lamb and BJ Robinson. His bench isn't great but no way you get those 3 players in a snake draft

Also means the guy was probably bored out of his mind filling out the rest of his roster.

15 minutes ago, nucci said:

like the late rounds in a snake aren't boring. 

Nope. It gets MORE exciting.

You target sleepers and possible breakout players. You're on the edge of your seat hoping that no else sees what you see. You actually roster players you want rather than getting stuck with randoms that no else bid on.

The thrill is in sneaking players under people's noses. It's watching someone mistakenly taking C. Otton because of the xperts and forgetting about Taysom Hill.

Although I can see how an auction would be better for people who only know the top 50 players and don't know, or care, about the rest of their team.

Edited by unbillievable

Mine is a 12-team, 1/2 point PPR Superflex (can start a 2nd QB) with IDP. IDP scoring is heavily influenced by tackles with 1 point per tackle.

QB: Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield
RB: Kyren Williams, Zamir White, Zeke Elliott, Ray Davis, Tyrone Tracy Jr.

WR: Nico Collins, DJ Moore, Jayden Reed, Xavier Worthy, Khalil Shakir, Jameson Williams

TE:  Trey McBride, Cole Kmet

K:  Cameron Dicker

DL: Derrick Brown

LB: Azeez Al-Shaair

DB: Kyle Dugger

Given that it is a Superflex league, I loaded up on QB in the first two rounds (Lamar 8th overall and Murray 17th). Most of the guys in the league were using more standard rankings, so they went RB/WR early, which left me with slim pickings at both of those positions beginning in the 3rd/4th. I think I did OK at WR given that I waited until the 4th to start addressing and landed some depth/upside late with Worthy/Shakir/Williams. But I am weak at RB -- and there is very little left on the waiver wire there. Hoping that K. Williams will stay health and maintain a reasonable 15-18 touch workload, White and Elliott (even with limited upside) will get by on volume, and that Davis and/or Tracy will be rookies who see playing time as the season progresses.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Commit Gunner,

a lot of what if, what could be, etc…

calling you out Gunner.

you skim around the edges, without ever committing yourself.