CB Rasul Douglas Ja'Marcus Ingram

CB Christian Benford Kaiir Elam

S Taylor Rapp Mike Edwards Cam Lewis

S Damar Hamlin Cole Bishop

Edited by Slippery Rubber Mats
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 10

No major surprises, though...

Earlier in preseason when I saw Damar listed as a starting safety, I thought he was just a place holder until people healed up or until the rookie proved himself worthy.  I guess not.  

When we drafted Pran-Granger, some thought he'd start this year.  He's currently third string.  

Ty Johnson is still ahead of Ray Davis on the depth chart.  

Did I really predict 11 wins?  We have one star player on offense and none on defense - not what a playoff roster is supposed to look like.  But this isn't astronomy so who needs stars?  I'm sticking with 11 wins.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Earlier in preseason when I saw Damar listed as a starting safety, I thought he was just a place holder until people healed up or until the rookie proved himself worthy.  I guess not.  

When we drafted Pran-Granger, some thought he'd start this year.  He's currently third string.  

Did I really predict 11 wins?  We have one star player on offense and none on defense - not what a playoff roster is supposed to look like.  But this isn't astronomy so who needs stars?  I'm sticking with 11 wins.  

I think predicting 11 wins might fall more in the astrology category. (I kid ... but I'm also predicting 9 wins with a 10-win ceiling).

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

heard at the draft-

On 4/27/2024 at 7:39 AM, GoBills808 said:

We have ty Johnson

Why do we need another of him

On 4/27/2024 at 12:26 PM, GoBills808 said:

I think this is setting up for a very unfortunate 2-3yr attempt at a ball control grind it out type offense

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Even though Bills fans got burned out a bit on the Hamlin coverage it would be a pretty incredible story for him to develop as a player and become an impact player. I would be the first to the keyboard to praise him. 

Agreed.

don’t write Damar off! He was playing decent ball the year he had the heart attack. I noticed last year he was super tentative, and I think he probably wasn’t back in the right head space yet. I expect him to be hitting hard out there! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Rapp and Hamlin starting safety, that’s definitely the biggest eye popping weakness of the team. Hope our corners can play great coverage

To me it is going to be all about pressure up front. If the front 4 can't generate pressure on the QB. Doesn't matter who is back there they are going to look bad.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

To me it is going to be all about pressure up front. If the front 4 can't generate pressure on the QB. Doesn't matter who is back there they are going to look bad.

In theory you’re right but even for their age and declining skill set, Hyde and Poyer thrived at not giving up the big play. We’re facing Rodgers and Miamis duo still and Hamlin and Rapp are very careless in coverage. It’s a worry for me. Hopefully bishop can come along quick and isn’t a liability as well and maybe Edwards