How much better is Joe Brady?

Lost

17 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Good news/Bad news

Good News: this chart shows that Josh does better when "disrupted" than any QB in the league.

Bad News: this chart also shows that Josh gets "disrupted" more than any QB in the league.  That's a problem.  

im reading it as the disruption rate goes backwards on the x axis

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

im reading it as the disruption rate goes backwards on the x axis

Ah.  I think you're right.  I feel better now.

And that seems to pass the eye test.  I'm not sure how well our receivers are getting separation since I don't do All-22 but the OL has been playing well.  It's been good to see to see Allen stand in clean pockets with time to scan the field.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Ah.  I think you're right.  I feel better now.

And that seems to pass the eye test.  I'm not sure how well our receivers are getting separation since I don't do All-22 but the OL has been playing well.  It's been good to see to see Allen stand in clean pockets with time to scan the field.  

Yup I kind of figured the pass blocking had a chance to improve once they moved on from Morse tbh

I also think the way they measure 'disruption' might be a little less meaningful for mobile QBs wrt perfect coverage/pass rush...Allen for example will leave clean pockets to buy extra time for receivers to come uncovered

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Good news/Bad news

Good News: this chart shows that Josh does better when "disrupted" than any QB in the league.

Bad News: this chart also shows that Josh gets "disrupted" more than any QB in the league.  That's a problem.  

Not necessarily.

If a team chooses to blitz Allen, many times he makes the free man miss, escapes and makes them pay down field. That's "disrupted" but Allen intentionally has it happen to make something big out of it.

Most other QBs are throwing hot, getting sacked or throwing the ball away...they aren't getting disrupted but they aren't making anything happen either most times.

This also is not a logical conclusion based on our composite pass blocking grade(3 site average between PFF, ESPN and SIS) which is tied for #1 in the NFL with Indy.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

It would be interesting to see time of possession here too. I would assume it's higher under Brady.

I edited my post to include Time of Possession, per your request. 👍

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, folz said:

I edited my post to include Time of Possession, per your request. 👍

Thanks for that. It's something that I think should be watched throughout the season. Teams are going to be running more league wide I think so it's a going to be important. Whoever is successful controlling the clock is going to win more, at least until defenses start bringing a safety up into the box again.

• Like (+1) 1