Diggs' Drama

Simon

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Hot take: Curtis Samuel out stats Stef Diggs in 2024. 

Curtis Samuel has only one season above 700 yards, and that was 4 years ago (851 yards with the Panthers).

This is his 8th season, and you think NOW he'll finally breakout? Or do you think Diggs will just have such a down year that Samuel will out-stat him by default of Diggs disappearing?

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

No there were games during regular season when defenses concentrated on him and he did not fight thru blocks and took himself out of games.

Yes, I understand. For much of his time here, however, he was very good during the regular season. At the end, it went bad.

The character issue is genuine. He may be passionate about winning, but it's a selective passion.

I see he is wearing #1 on his jersey because he is the best WR, if not best player in the entire NFL and perhaps even in the entire history of the NFL. Stefon Diggs is the reason that Josh Allen is the QB he is today, without Stefon Diggs catching passes Josh Allen would have sucked.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Curtis Samuel has only one season above 700 yards, and that was 4 years ago (851 yards with the Panthers).

This is his 8th season, and you think NOW he'll finally breakout? Or do you think Diggs will just have such a down year that Samuel will out-stat him by default of Diggs disappearing?

Samuel has a QB to play with this year.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, NyQuil said:

Reminds me of this from six years ago.

Diggs' defenders may scoff, but I think this is pretty damning. Multiple teammates say they don't trust the guy with their sister and don't want to bring him home to their parents. I think that's a direct assessment of his character.

Then Maddy Glab (whom I don't really respect as a "reporter" though she seems like a very nice person) says what she said about Steph.

No, not every character attack is truthful but when there's this much smoke...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Samuel has a QB to play with this year.

Sure, but does that mean you think he'll break 1,000 yards or just repeat his 800 yard season?

I'm just wondering because I feel like Diggs is going to get his 1,000 yard season, and the Texans are definitely going to air it out a ton.

Meanwhile, everyone here thinks Brady will have the Bills running the ball way more, and unless Samuel ends up a hidden number WR1 this whole time, I find it hard to believe he'll have better numbers than Diggs in that offense. But hey, I hope you're right!

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Sure, but does that mean you think he'll break 1,000 yards or just repeat his 800 yard season?

I'm just wondering because I feel like Diggs is going to get his 1,000 yard season, and the Texans are definitely going to air it out a ton.

Meanwhile, everyone here thinks Brady will have the Bills running the ball way more, and unless Samuel ends up a hidden number WR1 this whole time, I find it hard to believe he'll have better numbers than Diggs in that offense. But hey, I hope you're right!

I think Samuel will be around 800 because we’ll be spreading the ball around.  And that he’ll have more than Diggs because Diggs will be the third option in Houston.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Bills tried to make him happy but that wasnt ever going to be possible once he soured on not getting where he thought they should be and how they should get there. He lacked the self-awareness to see he was part of the problemand i think he set an example for Davis and his mom to start being more vocal, too. And in a way it became necessary to move on without both.  Both were more worried about themselves than the team.  Not saying we will be better without them, but its hard to imagine the team could take the next step with them. 

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I mean, does this really shock anyone? It's been on the decline since 2022. I think it came to a head when he stormed out of the locker room after the loss to Cincy in the Playoffs. After that it was just a matter of time. I don't hate Diggs. He was great for us the first couple years and we needed him when we made that trade. But his personality? The guy is a headcase. He's out there on that TO type vibe. That's why he bounced around to a bunch of different teams even though he was a HOF WR. 

I hope he has fun chasing 14000 yds by dropping balls and pouting when he’s no longer the #1 target and his career is winding down. I hope it’s as infuriating to him as his admission of being a sh!tty self absorbed teammate is to his former teammates and Bills fans whose season he helped submarine in 2023. Prick. 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I think Samuel will be around 800 because we’ll be spreading the ball around.  And that he’ll have more than Diggs because Diggs will be the third option in Houston.

In 10 - 15 years, Stefan is going to ask himself "WTF" did I do and find himself very disappointed.

Diggs was a great player in his time here. His skillset and competitiveness elevated the team and considering the punishment the guy took on the field series after series, he was durable. Yes hated the diva attitude at times but he was also sometimes right to get angry (like during the awful playoff loss to Cinci). He really saddens me that the Bills never won it in his time here. Now all that being said was Diggs on the decline? It looks that way.  He wasnt as money last year as in previous years. The drop against KC in the playoff game was absolutely killer and if you watch that replay you know that even Diggs knew that when it happened. By his own high standards, that was unacceptable.  In the end though pro sports is a cut throat business and I guess Beane figured that his Digg's cons outweighed the pros. Still seemed a bit premature to write him off though but we shall see.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Virtually every WR who’s played with Allen has their best season ever.  I would be shocked if Samuel (health allowing) doesn’t break out for over 1k this year.  He’s a talent, he’s had miserable QBs and a lot of injuries. I’m more concerned with him staying on the field than what he can do.

Steph is going to be in a competition for passes, he has other guys who need to get fed around him too.  I expect him and Nico to both have good numbers, while Dell and Shultz will take a significant amount of targets as well.   I think it’s quite plausible to have Samuel end up with better numbers simply because he will get a larger share of the targets.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I agree.

And it makes me wonder what in the world happened there.

Not just because I love Allen but I sense that the greater issue is with Diggs.  That Aaron Kromer daughter's tweet after his trade was interesting.

If I had to guess...Allen got irritated with Diggs and his diva attitude.  Then Diggs viewed it as you're against me now and neither really cared to repair the relationship.  

• Like (+1) 1