Diggs' Drama

Simon

I still enjoyed our time with the guy.

It's annoying how he left, but it was time to start over. He did a lot to help this team, so I'm not going to start hating him just because he left.

Now if more comes out that he treated Allen or others like crap, then I'd change my tune.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

he provided some awesome moments and he worked hard when he was a here. over the last year or so, he was wearing out his welcome.

the drop against KC in the divisional round is what made me OK with trading him regardless of the hit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I still enjoyed our time with the guy.

It's annoying how he left, but it was time to start over. He did a lot to help this team, so I'm not going to start hating him just because he left.

Now if more comes out that he treated Allen or others like crap, then I'd change my tune.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Allen2Coleman said:

Nope, I wish another quality receiver was here, not Diggs.

I can agree with this.

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

no one has to "pretend they don't wish Diggs wasn't still here"...mainly because he isn't still here.

Ah yes,  my fault.  I'll fix it for ya 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

“None of those teams [Minnesota or Buffalo] wanted to get rid of me. Things had to shake because I kind of wanted them to shake."

Sooooooo many posters owe apologies for insults against those who could clearly see that Diggs was doing and saying things to force his way out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Einstein said:

“None of those teams [Minnesota or Buffalo] wanted to get rid of me. Things had to shake because I kind of wanted them to shake."

Sooooooo many posters owe apologies for insults against those who could clearly see that Diggs was doing and saying things to force his way out.

And some still think Beane never should have moved him - imagine the 'shaking' he would be doing now if he was still here

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

We didn’t know what was happening behind the scenes. All we saw was cryptic social media posts. 

I'm referring specifically to what Diggs himself said "Things had to shake because I kind of wanted them to shake."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Grow up.

• Eyeroll 1

His original contract would have ended after last season with no dead cap...just good luck and thanks for the memories. Would have been a perfect time to say goodbye in regards to his age, career arc, and attitude. The ill advised extension was offered when he was still under contract for two more seasons, completely unnecessary.  

Instead the Bills not only gave him a big raise for those two seasons, but left themselves with the largest dead cap hit for a non qb in league history. The Bills did this to themselves..they put a selfish me-first player in a position to do great harm to the team and what a shock...he did great harm to the team. A colossal mistake and a completely self inflicted wound. Beane is responsible for that contract. 31 million more dollars to spend this off-season could have made a huge difference.

I bring this up because people act like Diggs did this to the Bills.

Why blame a selfish a hole for being a selfish a hole when you could have seamlessly avoided the whole thing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

His original contract would have ended after last season with no dead cap...just good luck and thanks for the memories. Would have been a perfect time to say goodbye in regards to his age, career arc, and attitude. The ill advised extension was offered when he was still under contract for two more seasons, completely unnecessary.  

Instead the Bills not only gave him a big raise for those two seasons, but left themselves with the largest dead cap hit for a non qb in league history. The Bills did this to themselves..they put a selfish me-first player in a position to do great harm to the team and what a shock...he did great harm to the team. A colossal mistake and a completely self inflicted wound. Beane is responsible for that contract. 31 million more dollars to spend this off-season could have made a huge difference.

I bring this up because people act like Diggs did this to the Bills.

Why blame a selfish a hole for being a selfish a hole when you could have seamlessly avoided the whole thing.

Back when that extension was inked I explained that it was a terrible decision and simply wasn't necessary at that point in time, and oooh boy did the knives come out. When a player is playing really well the majority of fans don't care about money or term, just "extend him forever at any cost." But ultimately, there is always a cost.

• Agree 3

He engineered leaving the Bills in 2023.

Started to do just enough to make it look like he wasn’t full on tanking. But he was.

He was coming off the field on third downs. 

I was at the Chiefs playoff game. He fumbled the first snap of the game, took the air right out of a super pumped crowd. Dropped the long one, same thing. Got his wish. 

We were right to trade him.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1