Diggs' Drama

Simon

8 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I guess I just have a hard time believing that paying a guy 30M to not play for your football team is a good idea. Especially since the guy in question would still be your #1 WR... We'll see soon enough.

The problem is that him being #1 WR did not work anymore - he frequently took himself off field for the manual for beating him was known to teams which played Bills regularly.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

The problem is that him being #1 WR did not work anymore - he frequently took himself off field for the manual for beating him was known to teams which played Bills regularly.  

It didn't work anymore because they needed more weapons than just Diggs, they just never really tried that after Beasley and Brown left, other than drafting Kincaid last year. I get the concept that Josh is so good he can make anyone look good, we'll see if that's true this year, I hope it is, fingers crossed, knock on wood etc ...

27 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I guess I just have a hard time believing that paying a guy 30M to not play for your football team is a good idea. Especially since the guy in question would still be your #1 WR... We'll see soon enough.

I thought that the $30 million is dead cap, not actual money. I was under the impression that the Bills are paying Diggs nothing this year. 

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

I thought that the $30 million is dead cap, not actual money. I was under the impression that the Bills are paying Diggs nothing this year. 

Maybe someone can explain it but Whichever way it is, it's 30M that the Bills can't pay players to play.

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No.

Too many quality WRs in the draft last year and WRs are morphing (imo) until the new RBs.  Get them on a cheap rookie contract and use them until they get old and $.  We were likely going to say good bye to Diggs after this year even if we had won a Superbowl. 

Yea and we crushed the draft with Coleman. And no double dip at wr

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, mjt328 said:

The story about Diggs was exactly the same here... until the Bengals playoff game.  

That was the point things finally started unraveling (at least publicly).  Even after that sideline tantrum, most Bills fans were willing to shrug it off.  

Opinion on Diggs didn't really shift until the training camp absence last summer, and his production totally falling off in the second half.

TBH. We all saw it earlier. Was either game in Detroit v lions or game in Detroit vs browns. Diggs was having a tantrum and McD had to singly talk him down. Said to my dad at the time. “Oh man- he’s gonna turn into this diva now”

then Cincy playoff game

then offseason / training camp - whatever that was. My goodness 

Last season he dominated mia at home which was a fun game - but he abused a favorable matchup w kohou. Then he made a clutch 3rd or 4th down conversion vs chargers. 

Literally did nothing the rest of the season. Also he let that Smurf beast him for an INT in London jax game. No longer a true #1 in my eyes after that. 

The rest of the year he turned into a gabe davis- target black hole. Drops , incompletions , no yards. He was washed and it was time to move on.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I have nothing to add other than I still can't believe our game @ Houston isn't in prime time. That will be must watch television.

REALLY? That sounds like a game people would be all over! Even if you ignore the Diggs Drama, that’s a real football game. 

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Are you guys still pretending you dont wish Diggs wasn't still here?  🤣

no one has to "pretend they don't wish Diggs wasn't still here"...mainly because he isn't still here.

Edited by Mr. WEO

26 minutes ago, balln said:

TBH. We all saw it earlier. Was either game in Detroit v lions or game in Detroit vs browns. Diggs was having a tantrum and McD had to singly talk him down. Said to my dad at the time. “Oh man- he’s gonna turn into this diva now”

then Cincy playoff game

then offseason / training camp - whatever that was. My goodness 

Last season he dominated mia at home which was a fun game - but he abused a favorable matchup w kohou. Then he made a clutch 3rd or 4th down conversion vs chargers. 

Literally did nothing the rest of the season. Also he let that Smurf beast him for an INT in London jax game. No longer a true #1 in my eyes after that. 

The rest of the year he turned into a gabe davis- target black hole. Drops , incompletions , no yards. He was washed and it was time to move on.  

There was this Diva talk when he was with the Vikings and the Bills took him off their hands.  We hoped that he had matured but I guess not.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Why is everyone obsessed over a player who is no longer with the team?

Get over yourselves and move on.

Okay, maybe its because he quit on the team and was a big part of why we were  bumped out of the playoffs annually since he was with the Bills, the guy disappeared in the playoffs annually, hell in seven playoff games Mr disappearing act accounted for two (2) Touchdowns, in seven playoff games, while the ever derided Dawson Knox has seven (7) touchdowns in seven postseason games, and Diggs has the unmitigated gall to pretend his supposed lack of success is everyone else’s fault but his, and he was being held back by the coaches, the guy is a bum, talented? Yes, but has Never come through in playoffs when his supposed skill was needed the most, that little B  itch couldn’t get open against the better D backs when it counted the most. Hope there is a rubber mat with his name on it, 

okay I’m done, time for another 🍸🚬, 😁

GO BILLS!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1