Diggs' Drama

Simon

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

jasbsuxemwtkm5kota7b.jpg

Entering his 10th season in the NFL, Diggs has designs on where he’d like to be next.

His first catch for the Texans will likely put him over 10,000 career yards (he’s five short right now), and he’s done the math to know that he needs about 4,000 more to move into Hall of Fame territory. “I pay real close attention,” he says. “This ***** is not a game to me.”

The fact that Diggs is keeping a close count is one of the reasons he’s a frequent discussion topic among people who get paid to talk about football for a living. In a sport where players are expected to abide by a platitudinous “there’s no I in team,” he’s certainly not quiet about wanting the ball.

Which, if you ask him, is a preposterous line of criticism. “I don’t know one star in any sport that doesn’t want the ball,” he says, when I bring this up. “If you ain’t getting the ball, and it’s not a problem, you ain’t no competitor.”

Still, this offseason was the second time Diggs was traded—before the Bills he played for the Minnesota Vikings—and both times, critics wondered: Why trade away a bona fide, offense-making superstar unless his sure hands also came with some great headaches?

GQSPORTS

Diggs, for his part, sees it differently. “None of those teams wanted to get rid of me,” he says. “Things had to shake because I kind of wanted them to shake.”

So he called his shot and got what he wanted: another new beginning, with a team that is loaded with offensive talent—and that’s very excited about Diggs’s competitive fire.

“When you watch the film on him, he jumps off the tape in how competitive he is,” says Bobby Slowik, the Texans’ offensive coordinator. “That is why we fell in love with his style of play.”

The goal is nothing less than a Super Bowl, and now is the time: Diggs turned 30 last season, and despite the fact that he hasn’t missed a game due to injury in nearly six years, Father Time eventually jams up even the shiftiest route runners.

“They say it’s rough,” Diggs says, when I bring up him approaching the big three-oh. “That’s just what they say.”

He knows what’s at stake and he also hears what’s being said—and, as usual, would prefer to be the one making moves and doing the talking. “I love the noise,” he says.

“Push me in the corner, I’m gonna show you my best *****. I’m a person that enjoys being doubted.

I enjoy proving people wrong, but also, I enjoy doing it for myself. 

Everything I say I am, I am. I’m standing true to it.  And every time I prove myself right, everybody disappears.

I like when they get quiet.”

Thanks for posting this, it says a lot about how Diggs sees the world.

What does Diggs want?  He's acutely aware he's about to surpass the 25,000 yard mark (Pro HoF territory), he prides himself on trying to be perfect.  He's very individualistic in his views but also was a team captain here and by all public accounts a motivated, good teammate.  

LeBron James was never going to play his entire career with one team.  One of his desired legacies was to win multiple titles through different teams and he knew that.  He's always known where he wants his career to go, and Diggs is the same way.  

Diggs wants to leave his mark on the game by winning at least one Superbowl and being in the HOF.  In his mind, he has to feel the team he's on can do it relative to where his career is, in our case, he's going to be 30 soon.  He's going to give his all and be a leader with whatever team he's on, but he won't hesitate to move on when he feels a team won't help him achieve those goals.

I think he started to see that happening, I suspect his primary issues were with the FO more than Allen, but he decided, antics and check-outs ensued.  It was time and the FO agreed.
One thing's for sure, he's going to dictate how he achieves his goals.  Good teammate but the team is just a tool to him.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I cannot imagine Diggs was traded without Josh saying OK.  You can only have one alpha male on the offense and that’s Josh.  It’ll be interesting to see how much grief Stroud gets this year.

Josh said “adios!”

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I cannot imagine Diggs was traded without Josh saying OK.  You can only have one alpha male on the offense and that’s Josh.  It’ll be interesting to see how much grief Stroud gets this year.

"dont let the door hit you in the $#@ on the way out"

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

“The games looked a lot different,” he says. “You can blame me. I don’t mind blaming me. I got big-ass shoulders. But pay attention, pay real close attention. Watch the game. Of course there’s plenty of plays I want back. But there’s a lot of plays that didn’t go my way...  You tell me about the last 10. What changed? Were there changes going on? I just pay attention to what really happened and not what people try to act like happened. Like, for the last 10 games, I forgot how to f***ing play football?”

It drives me crazy when people do this...

Blame me, I can take it...blame me....BUT then they go on and give you a ton of reasons and excuses to not blame them.

Saying you have 'big-ass shoulders' and then immediately pointing the finger other places is pretty much proof that you have the narrowest shoulders that crumble at the smallest sign of criticism leveled on them.

• Like (+1) 6

41 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

And now we all know what the 'C' on his jersey stood for.

image.thumb.png.45ed861f64163bab9f3d41129d1df1de.png

34 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

It drives me crazy when people do this...

Blame me, I can take it...blame me....BUT then they go on and give you a ton of reasons and excuses to not blame them.

Saying you have 'big-ass shoulders' and then immediately pointing the finger other places is pretty much proof that you have the narrowest shoulders that crumble at the smallest sign of criticism leveled on them.

he learned that from his las HC...

3 hours ago, JP51 said:

I wish him well... talk away... do your thing... to me the talk amounts to a big whatever....  he produces or he doesn't. In the end I care to the extent that it impacts the Bills. I certainly dont want him to put up 200yrds and score the winning TD in OT against us... but in the end what I care about most is are we better with or without him. The only thing I have to really judge this was last half of last year. We were better when his role was diminished and he wasnt the focus. Was this because his presence opened people up, was it a new OC, was it a freed JA, was it a better running game... I dont know. I do know that we were better when he was a piece of the O... not a center piece. So I have reason to believe that addition by subtraction could be a possibility. As for the conjecture and the talk coming from Stefon and the rest of the league that's awesome, time will tell... but I am more focused on JA, Shakir, Coleman, Samuel, Hollins etc... and how they produce as a group. 

When DIggs was out running and blocking game was better because he was a terrible blocker.

He took himself out of a lot of snaps.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JP51 said:

Just a thought.... less about your post, but more about how your post sets up the question... I wonder... (I dont know... just wonder) 

If Diggs catches that pass... brings it to the house, we beat KC at home.... go on to win the AFC and lose in the SB.... is Diggs still with the team now? 

Anything is possible, but I think that prick would still have engineered his way outta town.

• Like (+1) 1

You know what......he goes on and on about the last 10 games and what was different.  I don't give a crap anymore about what was different.  The only thing I remember, and what most everyone remembers, is that a perfect deep ball hit you in the hands against the Chiefs that likely would have won us that game and you dropped it. 

Yes, maybe you didn't have a ton of opportunities coming down the stretch, but you had the THE BIGGEST opportunity to send us to the AFC Championship game last season and you let the ball slip through your hands in the most important moment of the season.  In fact, outside of like 1 playoff game, you got owned by the Chiefs and Bengals DBs (yes, I know they were holding on every play) but once again he came up small in the biggest games.

Look, I like Diggs a lot as a player.  I think he is fantastic and he was great for us more than he wasn't. But he needs to stop talking.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

What does Diggs want?  He's acutely aware he's about to surpass the 25,000 yard mark (Pro HoF territory), 

He is close to 10,000 career receiving yards. Not 25,000. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

What does Diggs want?  He's acutely aware he's about to surpass the 25,000 yard mark (Pro HoF territory), he prides himself on trying to be perfect.  He's very individualistic in his views but also was a team captain here and by all public accounts a motivated, good teammate.  

LeBron James was never going to play his entire career with one team.  One of his desired legacies was to win multiple titles through different teams and he knew that.  He's always known where he wants his career to go, and Diggs is the same way.  

Diggs wants to leave his mark on the game by winning at least one Superbowl and being in the HOF.  In his mind, he has to feel the team he's on can do it relative to where his career is, in our case, he's going to be 30 soon.  He's going to give his all and be a leader with whatever team he's on, but he won't hesitate to move on when he feels a team won't help him achieve those goals.

I think he started to see that happening, I suspect his primary issues were with the FO more than Allen, but he decided, antics and check-outs ensued.  It was time and the FO agreed.
One thing's for sure, he's going to dictate how he achieves his goals.  Good teammate but the team is just a tool to him.

If he’s worried about his legacy then maybe he shouldn’t drop a potential game change pass or fumble the football.

Diggs worst football typically come at the biggest moments in January. 

• Like (+1) 1