Diggs' Drama

Simon

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

He seems to blame Brady for his drop in production...

Last season, Diggs started off the season in Buffalo hot, with more than 100 receiving yards in five of his first six games. But he didn’t go over 100 yards—and he notched only two scores—for the rest of the season. If it didn’t look like Diggs was having fun that’s because, well, he wasn’t. “Last year, I was in the worst mental space I’ve been in since I’ve been in the league,” Diggs says. “If I'm not in a good space, obviously that's not the best for me. So that's when things had to start shaking out...”

Later, when our conversation circles back to his time in Buffalo, he has more to say, specifically highlighting the fact his drop in stats coincided with the Bills’s decision to replace their offensive coordinator.

“The games looked a lot different,” he says. “You can blame me. I don’t mind blaming me. I got big-ass shoulders. But pay attention, pay real close attention. Watch the game. Of course there’s plenty of plays I want back. But there’s a lot of plays that didn’t go my way...  You tell me about the last 10. What changed? Were there changes going on? I just pay attention to what really happened and not what people try to act like happened. Like, for the last 10 games, I forgot how to f***ing play football?”

He started catching a lot more balls near the LOS once Brady took over and he didn't do much with any of it. Other than that I am not sure how he was used differently.  He dropped a lot of balls during that stretch but he was getting open. According to the advanced stats, he was separating as well as he ever had post Dorsey.  He was out there and he was still running hard but mentally I think he checked out after Dorsey was canned and it was time for him to move on

One of the big ironies of the year was that Allen missed Diggs deep so many times throughout the season but of course when Allen puts one on the money, Diggs lets it go right through his hands.  

Diggs isn't retiring in Houston.  Hes got at least two more uniforms to wear before his career is over.  

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

He started catching a lot more balls near the LOS once Brady took over and he didn't do much with any of it. Other than that I am not sure how he was used differently.  He dropped a lot of balls during that stretch but he was getting open. According to the advanced stats, he was separating as well as he ever had post Dorsey.  He was out there and he was still running hard but mentally I think he checked out after Dorsey was canned and it was time for him to move on

One of the big ironies of the year was that Allen missed Diggs deep so many times throughout the season but of course when Allen puts one on the money, Diggs lets it go right through his hands.  

Diggs isn't retiring in Houston.  Hes got at least two more uniforms to wear before his career is over.  

This can be seen as a fair version of events as well.  But lets make something clear my friend. His separation got better through out the year cause they slowed down and at times stopped double teaming the dude. 

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I think some, myself included find some of the things said, interesting. there will likely always be conversation on former players whether it be praise or distain.  

no harm, no foul. just sharing thoughts on one recently past player. :thumbsup:

I understand that it was a big topic when the trade happened.

That was months ago, and this has been covered ad nauseam. I don't think that there is anything more that we can learn from this.

Let's get ready for the Cardinals and the rest of the season. That seems more critical.

Just now, Mark Vader said:

That was months ago, and this has been covered ad nauseam. I don't think that there is anything more that we can learn from this.

Let's get ready for the Cardinals and the rest of the season. That seems more critical.

This is almost as much an NFL board as a Bills board (which is why it's good).  

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

You are always free to not open any thread which does not interest you.

The responsibility for that discernment lies with you, not with others to only post things which meet with your approval.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yeah, I haven't even had time to formulate a game plan for the Cardinals.

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

TBH We all have the right to feel how we wish to feel.  You coming on here telling us we should feel, is not going to, nor will it ever change how fans post. 

I am upset because of Diggs (and the media) continued lies.  I am upset cause everyone thinks we had to replace a 1400-1500 yard receiver when in fact, Diggs only had a little over 1100 yards last season (more of a #2 WR not a #1) 

The only thing that will make me smile is when JA proves to the world that we do not need Diggs on this team anymore. Period.  

But please don't tell us how we should feel or not post something about the dude. We loved Diggs and Diggs bailed out on himself and Buffalo. Let us be slightly bitter over it if we wish. 

And that is why I added to it with the MSN news article. Well said. GG Simon. 

Never said how you should feel.

There's just nothing new here. 

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Here's what I'll never understand:

Diggs seemingly had everything a player could want. He was handsomely paid, he received a ton of targets, he put up gaudy statistics, he played for a top five quarterback, he played for a winning team that is perennially in the playoffs, he was beloved by the fan base, he was a national star. What more -- literally, WHAT MORE -- could he possibly want?

One could say that it was his waning involvement in the offense that soured him, but we can all see that things had changed prior to that. That Diggs' demeanor and interest in being a Buffalo Bill had changed. So the question is -- why? How could a player have everything I just listed above, and still want out? Still think the grass is greener elsewhere?

There simply MUST be something that happened behind the scenes that we're all not aware of, because none of it makes any sense. He seemingly had everything, and he still wanted out. I'll never understand it.

Oh, and one more thing: seeing how free and light and fun the atmosphere around the team seems to be right now, compared to what it was last year...it's hard to conclude anything other than that Diggs's presence was a huge negative influence on team mood and chemistry, and that his ouster is gonna pay huge dividends for this team (and this quarterback) mentally.

Personally, I believe it's the same thing that happened with Tyreek Hill. He felt he wasn't getting enough credit. Unfortunately, for him, he went somewhere that even if he does well.. the QB is still going to get the attention.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly...Josh and Stef needed each other badly to vault their careers. And for the first few years it was magical. But unfortunately Stef's personality and history took over.  I'll always appreciate what Diggs meant to this team and his competitive fire, but the end proved unbearable. He'll be 31 in Nov so the likelihood of him getting another 4k is slim.

Well put, great post!

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Here's what I'll never understand:

Diggs seemingly had everything a player could want. He was handsomely paid, he received a ton of targets, he put up gaudy statistics, he played for a top five quarterback, he played for a winning team that is perennially in the playoffs, he was beloved by the fan base, he was a national star. What more -- literally, WHAT MORE -- could he possibly want?

One could say that it was his waning involvement in the offense that soured him, but we can all see that things had changed prior to that. That Diggs' demeanor and interest in being a Buffalo Bill had changed. So the question is -- why? How could a player have everything I just listed above, and still want out? Still think the grass is greener elsewhere?

There simply MUST be something that happened behind the scenes that we're all not aware of, because none of it makes any sense. He seemingly had everything, and he still wanted out. I'll never understand it.

Oh, and one more thing: seeing how free and light and fun the atmosphere around the team seems to be right now, compared to what it was last year...it's hard to conclude anything other than that Diggs's presence was a huge negative influence on team mood and chemistry, and that his ouster is gonna pay huge dividends for this team (and this quarterback) mentally.

I too think there must be something that happened we don't know about. Allen can "I still love that guy..." until the cows come home but between Diggs going off on Allen on the sideline in last years opener against the Jets and the "You sure?" bull#### at the end of year; even saint Allen couldn't have been happy.

I think Diggs is right, he's better than his numbers showed in the last ten games of last year. Problem is, once it became Josh vs. Stef, no GM in the league is picking picking him over Allen. I think he's probably not as good as he thinks he is and not bad as we'd like to believe, but for Josh's sake I'm glad he's gone.

• Like (+1) 3

Despite what Diggs says, the Brady offense at times last year looked like it was trying to force the Ball to Diggs on several occasions. Those throws at the line that Diggs dropped or bobbled. Deep balls he dropped. Then those silly comments that he has no issues w accountability. What a joke. He's a huge narcissist. 

• Agree 2

To be fair, I'd like to see a lot less wide receiver screens. Unless, of course they're a set up for actually using Allen's arm down field.

I get the sense that McDermott wants to reign in Josh and that is such a mistake. Like he'd be happier with Chad Pennington under center.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

The responsibility for that discernment lies with you, not with others to only post things which meet with your approval.

Just trying to  help.

Just now, billsintaiwan said:

To be fair, I'd like to see a lot less wide receiver screens. Unless, of course they're a set up for actually using Allen's arm down field.

I get the sense that McDermott wants to reign in Josh and that is such a mistake. Like he'd be happier with Chad Pennington under center.

Coleman and Shakir might actually be able to execute on those due to their physicality.  Diggs can break a tackle but he did surprisingly little with those screens.

15 minutes ago, Simon said:

I was told I have to open all threads or the ban hammer will get me?

7 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I’m obsessed with your obsession with our obsession.

Okay you single handedly cheered me up. Thank you!

• Like (+1) 1