Diggs' Drama

Simon

25 minutes ago, DD4Bills said:

Where were the rest of the Texans? Don't see any of them coming in to help out or back him up. Were they already off the field and he was the last one still out there?

Was wondering t he same, thinking there had to be some Texans out there, just the fact that GB whole team was. Strange nobody came to support him. 

I love his passion,  but that energy he has can get toxic real quick.

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Was wondering t he same, thinking there had to be some Texans out there, just the fact that GB whole team was. Strange nobody came to support him. 

I love his passion,  but that energy he has can get toxic real quick.

don't mistake his passion for being an ass

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder if Brandon Beane gets headlines like this and goes "not my problem anymore" 

I wanted the Bills to hold onto him this year. My argument was that however we wanted to improve it would be better with Diggs than no Diggs and less cap space. And believe me I was thinking about that after the Ravens and Texans.

Right now? Looking at just how calm Cooper is and how jovial Keon is, seeing them both coming alive and knowing that because of the deal the Bills are in the black on cap space and have an extra 2nd? Yeah, this seems worth it 

I feel like we’d all be better off and look better if we just moved on here.  Diggs is going to go down as a top 3 Bills WR of all time. He was a part of one of the best runs we ever had. Nothing lasts forever. We don’t have to tear one down to build up

another. Let’s just let the guy be. Whatever happens, so long as it’s not negatively affecting the Bills…who cares? One day he’s going to be looked at in a very positive light again. I’m thankful for the times we had. Let’s all just move on and be happy

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I wonder if Brandon Beane gets headlines like this and goes "not my problem anymore" 

I wanted the Bills to hold onto him this year. My argument was that however we wanted to improve it would be better with Diggs than no Diggs and less cap space. And believe me I was thinking about that after the Ravens and Texans.

Right now? Looking at just how calm Cooper is and how jovial Keon is, seeing them both coming alive and knowing that because of the deal the Bills are in the black on cap space and have an extra 2nd? Yeah, this seems worth it 

Well worth it.

As I've said, we basically got Cooper , a 2nd,5th and 6th for Diggs ,a 3rd and 7th

Brilliant 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 9/25/2024 at 6:14 PM, HappyDays said:

I said this earlier in the offseason - any generic football cliche sounds like it's a slight against Diggs. "Unselfish players." "Team leader." "Wins matter more than individual stats." These are generic soundbites that every team spouts off during their mandatory media time. It speaks to Diggs' negative character that all of these clichés sound like criticisms of him. But I agree none of it is intentional.

I agree with this entirely. Pundits , and fans might expect Josh to throw a little shade. Diggs leveraged himself out of the building and didn’t think twice about saddling the team with a $30M dead cap hit. He deserves to be under the bus. 

On 10/9/2024 at 9:13 AM, Nephilim17 said:

Very curious how brief and cursory his interaction with Josh is yet he spends so much time with many other ex-teammates in that clip.

Not saying that's all on Stef — Josh didn't look like he wanted to talk. Was it simply the loss or a sign that the talk to the press (we love each other) isn't true? Who knows. Forget Stef and focus on the players we have here now...

His longer interactions were with backup WR Tyrell Shavers and with DBs.

52 minutes ago, DD4Bills said:

Where were the rest of the Texans? Don't see any of them coming in to help out or back him up. Were they already off the field and he was the last one still out there?

It’s Diggs against the world! I think that’s how he sees it.

He’s always been too emotional to the point where he can’t be a team player and can’t do his job properly over the long term. He doesn’t have a good EQ. Kind of a freak.

He was treated like royalty in Buffalo and it wasn’t good enough for him. Sold a lot of jerseys and sold a lot of

dreams. 

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

His longer interactions were with backup WR Tyrell Shavers and with DBs.

Interesting that. More interaction with guys he didn't regularly play with. Looking back at the video I feel like it was Stephon going out of his way to do this and the Bills players were obligated to reciprocate. 

Would Steph have done this if he had lost? I'm not sure. It wasn't obvious gloating but I think his personality type is the kind to stick around after his team wins.

His recent "I'll never be the bigger man" comment, despite being 30 years old, is making me give him very little benefit of a doubt when it comes to his character now. 

17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I feel like we’d all be better off and look better if we just moved on here.  Diggs is going to go down as a top 3 Bills WR of all time. He was a part of one of the best runs we ever had. Nothing lasts forever. We don’t have to tear one down to build up

another. Let’s just let the guy be. Whatever happens, so long as it’s not negatively affecting the Bills…who cares? One day he’s going to be looked at in a very positive light again. I’m thankful for the times we had. Let’s all just move on and be happy

That’s actually a healthy attitude. But it’s hard to keep that perspective when the teams are more or less in direct competition.

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

It’s funny because one of the theories was that Diggs made a pass at Josh, was rejected and that’s where the relationship went sour. 

Ignore the Slash fiction writers.

Different situation reminds of another beane talking to David justice in money ball. The Yankees are paying you six million to play against them. Ha. The bills are 30 million in the hole (whatever it is) and comfortable with him on a team they may play in January.