Diggs' Drama

Simon

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/stefon-diggs-says-last-season-with-bills-was-the-worst-mental-space-of-his-career/ar-AA1pVOC3?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d3a11aa117454064bf8636650737a1a9&ei=8

I told EVERYONE this at the beginning of last year during the time players were given their playbooks and offensive scheme designs.   

I said (assumption at the time of course!)  "He came in, he got his play book, he saw the scheme, he was upset and left"   Blaming Joe Brady for slowly being phased out is a crock of $!@$.  He was being phased out already by Ken Dorsey well before Brady took over.  He was upset at this team at the end of the prior season but to be clear, there were signs of his play diminishing well before last season.  Lets look at the playoff games last year and year before. 

The Media got wind of a rumor that Diggs was upset about targes he has been given and in the first press conference Diggs said "how can I be upset" "the targets I have been getting have been great" (LIES cause he was just talking past tense not future)

He did not PLAY OR EVEN ACT like a true #1 WR.  The double teams dwindled.  Because of it, other players were struggling more like Davis. IT was a mess. 

His off-season attitude was a MESS.  He/They can play the blame game all they want.  When JA proves he can throw for over 4k a season without some dude named Diggs on the team... It will show the world. 

Min. Fans all season last year were like "See.. this is what we put up with... this is the real Diggs"  We did not want to believe it cause he was having his honeymoon with the second-best QB in the league. 

By the way, Nice drop in  the endzone buddy.

BS BS BS

Drops Mic. 

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I hate to be the bearer of "bad news" but being here in Houston I hear nothing bur praise for Diggs on his leadership and veteran experience, it is like he is another coach on the field, blah blah blah.. What many in Buffalo, esp the fans, treated as being a loud malcontent , in Houston he, so far, is respected as a vocal leader. 

Texans are brilliant, Diggs on a one year deal. He will "behave".  At first his constant screaming in Buffalo demonstrated supposedly how competitive he was but after a few years of his screaming it got real old, especially in the light on Josh Allen maturing and no longer  didn't need a safety blanket. It is now Josh's team and he has matured as the leader, no room left for Diggs in Buffalo.  A second year QB on a young team (Houston) could probably really use Diggs as we did in Buffalo until the end.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He did *****in' forget how play *****in' football in the KC playoff game.  Nice drop Stef.  ***** you and the horse you rode in on.  What a self-centered ahole.  Good riddance.  

Just a thought.... less about your post, but more about how your post sets up the question... I wonder... (I dont know... just wonder) 

If Diggs catches that pass... brings it to the house, we beat KC at home.... go on to win the AFC and lose in the SB.... is Diggs still with the team now? 

• Like (+1) 2

One of my best buddies, I’ve worked with for almost 20 years, a life long Vikings fan just laughed at me the day the Bills traded for Diggs. I chalked it up as sour grapes for losing Diggs.

Vikings fans who’ve paid attention to Diggs from the start we’re happy to see him gone, and now we’re happy to see him gone.

Diggs was very good player who filled a need for a budding superstar QB who is now ready to take complete leadership control and command of the franchise, Diggs served a purpose and I believe it was a smart and successful trade by Bean but it was always going to end this way.

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I hate to be the bearer of "bad news" but being here in Houston I hear nothing bur praise for Diggs on his leadership and veteran experience, it is like he is another coach on the field, blah blah blah.. What many in Buffalo, esp the fans, treated as being a loud malcontent in Houston he, so far, is respected as a vocal leader. 

Texans are brilliant, Diggs on a one year deal. He will "behave".  At first his constant screaming in Buffalo demonstrated supposedly how competitive he was but after a few years of his screaming it got real old, especially in the light on Josh Allen maturing and no longer  didn't need a safety blanket. It is now Josh's team and he has matured as the leader, no room left for Diggs in Buffalo.  A second year QB on a young team (Houston) could probably really use Diggs as we did in Buffalo until the end.

Good For him. Now lets see how good he plays when it counts. I am not saying Diggs was a bad player but he's not the same anymore. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JP51 said:

Just a thought.... less about your post, but more about how your post sets up the question... I wonder... (I dont know... just wonder) 

If Diggs catches that pass... brings it to the house, we beat KC at home.... go on to win the AFC and lose in the SB.... is Diggs still with the team now? 

No.

Too many quality WRs in the draft last year and WRs are morphing (imo) until the new RBs.  Get them on a cheap rookie contract and use them until they get old and $.  We were likely going to say good bye to Diggs after this year even if we had won a Superbowl. 

9 minutes ago, JP51 said:

I don't think so based off these comments of his.

“We knew where things were going—I did, at least. The outside world had so much speculation. I knew, from the beginning of the year to the end of the year to the offseason, exactly what was going on.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/9/2024 at 8:03 PM, Simon said:

A thread for our former master of histrionics, who doesn't need a new thread every time he gets his drama queen on.

Why is everyone obsessed over a player who is no longer with the team?

Get over yourselves and move on.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Punch said:

All things considered, he's still being cryptic as hell even as he continues to talk. I have no idea what this means. He wanted out, but why?  

He wanted out because he didn't think we could get a ring with us. It's either that and/or he felt we weren't going to cancel the last few years of his contract like Houston did after the trade. I admit I respect his accomplishments as a player but some of his comments are not a pretty look for him IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JP51 said:

No. 

Diggs himself said that his thoughts about leaving the team started prior to the season. 

Anything short of a SB win and he was out. Heck, he didn’t want to win games in Brady’s offense in a lesser role, he may have wanted out regardless.

• Like (+1) 2

@4merper4mer  And if you want to continue to say I am gaslighting that all of this is Joe Brady's fault then chew on this.

2022, 154 targets, 1429 yards. 

2023, 160 targets, 1183 yards. 

Josh Allen was Force Feeding in the beginning of last season first 8 games, Diggs just saw just 63 targets.  Then finished the rest of the season most of it with Brady at the helm with  160 targets total for the year,  6 more than the prior year.    

Yea right.. he was in Agony all year cause of lack of targets.   NICE TRY.  While the article and Digs Blames Joe Brady, the real person involved in dropping is target ratio with Dorsey was considerably less. Am I still gaslighting?   STOP IT. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I think some, myself included find some of the things said, interesting. there will likely always be conversation on former players whether it be praise or distain.  

no harm, no foul. just sharing thoughts on one recently past player. :thumbsup:

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

A discussion is obsession?  Get over ourselves?  R-E-L-A-X   

A discussion about a player who isn't on the Bills.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

As Mark "lectures" us about moving on, he of course is commenting on this thread, a bit hypocritical.

I don't understand what this topic has to do with the Bills. Diggs is gone. Can we not move on from this?

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I think some, myself included find some of the things said, interesting. there will likely always be conversation on former players whether it be praise or distain.  

no harm, no foul. just sharing thoughts on one recently past player. :thumbsup:

Yes Diggs is gone and we are still talking about him, of course we are.  We can learn from our "mistakes".  I think Understanding why Diggs was apparently unhappy is very useful for this team.  

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

A discussion about a player who isn't on the Bills.

I don't understand what this topic has to do with the Bills. Diggs is gone. Can we not move on from this?

There is nothing wrong with folks having discussions about former players in a forum that is about the Bills and the NFL.

I just created this so that it's limited to a single thread and we don't have to deal with multiple threads about Diggs every week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

TBH We all have the right to feel how we wish to feel.  You coming on here telling us we should feel, is not going to, nor will it ever change how fans post. 

I am upset because of Diggs (and the media) continued lies.  I am upset cause everyone thinks we had to replace a 1400-1500 yard receiver when in fact, Diggs only had a little over 1100 yards last season (more of a #2 WR not a #1) 

The only thing that will make me smile is when JA proves to the world that we do not need Diggs on this team anymore. Period.  

But please don't tell us how we should feel or not post something about the dude. We loved Diggs and Diggs bailed out on himself and Buffalo. Let us be slightly bitter over it if we wish. 

1 minute ago, Simon said:

There is nothing wrong with folks having discussions about former players in a forum that is about the Bills and the NFL.

I just created this so that it's limited to a single thread and we don't have to deal with multiple threads about Diggs every week.

And that is why I added to it with the MSN news article. Well said. GG Simon. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1