Diggs' Drama

Simon

All anyone needs to do is look at the smiles on everyones faces in the postgame interviews.  The amount of fun and joy Allen especially is playing with this year is night and day difference from last year, and that is maybe even underselling that.  

Just as I am sure Diggs feels better where he is right now than how he was feeling last year here. 

It was a win-win scenario for Diggs and the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I seriously never understood the trade to bring him over here in the first place........i didn't like him in Minny, hated it even more on the Bills.

I was okay with it since he already had an extension negotiated in contract by Vikings but I did not believe he earned a raise so soon.  That made the cost too high.

Shakir is going to be the next Diggs for Allen. First and foremost, Josh clearly trusts him. His target share and throwing to him at crucial moments is telling. He’s also caught 21 straight targets going back to last year. They aren’t the exact same player but he will fill that role and perhaps from a mental standpoint for Allen; even better.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All anyone needs to do is look at the smiles on everyones faces in the postgame interviews.  The amount of fun and joy Allen especially is playing with this year is night and day difference from last year, and that is maybe even underselling that.  

Just as I am sure Diggs feels better where he is right now than how he was feeling last year here. 

Great post

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Shakir is going to be the next Diggs for Allen. He trusts him. His target share is telling. He’s also caught 21 straight targets. They aren’t the exact same player but he will fill that role and perhaps from a mental standpoint for Allen; even better.

You could see his trust in shakir yesterday. Agree 

Just now, TBBills Fan said:

Addition by subtraction. 

Josh Allen is now fully unleashed.  

Team chemistry and moral matters in competitive work environments. 

They threw the same pass to Cook last year when Diggs was on the team and Cook dropped it. With Diggs gone he caught it. Cause and effect I'm sure

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Shakir is going to be the next Diggs for Allen. He trusts him. His target share is telling. He’s also caught 21 straight targets. They aren’t the exact same player but he will fill that role and perhaps from a mental standpoint for Allen; even better.

If only someone had "called that" earlier this offseason  :nana:

😂

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Allen didn't smile after wins last year? 

Allen didn't run down and celebrate with Diggs and Davis all those years?

Omg this place

Possibly. I think it may hurt us a bit in the short term (regular-season wins this year). But there are long-term gains to be had:

I think it has enabled Josh to take the reins of leadership (he was second in command when Diggs was here) and also help him to go through his reads rather than key in on one guy primarily. Any QB will get better when they don't have a security blanket to look to first.

Given that Diggs did SFA in the playoffs I won't miss him. 

Edited by Nephilim17

I’d hold off on this judgment until the season is over. It’s only been games. I’m not saying Diggs didn’t need to go, I’m not saying we’re a worse team, but it doesn’t mean getting rid of him automatically made us better. I don’t read deeply into the psychology factor. We made good playoff runs with Diggs, even if he was a distraction. Anything short of a Super Bowl appearance makes all of this feel good stuff null. Allen’s workplace might be more pleasant, and that means a lot, but from a fan prospective it’s more about the final result. 

Edited by SirAndrew

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Allen didn't smile after wins last year? 

Allen didn't run down and celebrate with Diggs and Davis all those years?

Omg this place

Whoa...don't lump into the "OMG this place" crowd.  My dogs name is Diggs, I was one of the few that defended Diggs a lot as being more misunderstood than a give me the ball diva.  

But...if you think that the Josh Allen of last year remotely resembles the same Josh Allen of this year then you were not at all paying attention last year.  The narrative on Josh all year was how he didn't seem like he was having as much fun, his normal jovial self we had come to expect.  

So no disrespect, but you are categorically wrong if you think the energy coming off Josh this offseason, this camp, this preseason, and these first season games is not better and improved from last year.  Does that mean it was like that for Diggs entire tenure, of course not.  But it is a night and day difference from last year.  Case in point, the first blow up between Diggs and Allen came after week 1.  This team struggled in 7 of its first 10 games last year.  This team turned it around when they focused less on Diggs.  

Denying any of that isn't facing reality.  And I was one of the ones that thought there was no way we trade diggs this offseason because of the cap hit.  I figured they would make it work one more season and then trade him next year.  But I was wrong, and since the trade, we have seen a lot more into why this had to happen this year, especially with Beane getting a good return.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Whoa...don't lump into the "OMG this place" crowd.  My dogs name is Diggs, I was one of the few that defended Diggs a lot as being more misunderstood than a give me the ball diva.  

But...if you think that the Josh Allen of last year remotely resembles the same Josh Allen of this year then you were not at all paying attention last year.  The narrative on Josh all year was how he didn't seem like he was having as much fun, his normal jovial self we had come to expect.  

So no disrespect, but you are categorically wrong if you think the energy coming off Josh this offseason, this camp, this preseason, and these first season games is not better and improved from last year.  Does that mean it was like that for Diggs entire tenure, of course not.  But it is a night and day difference from last year.  Case in point, the first blow up between Diggs and Allen came after week 1.  This team struggled in 7 of its first 10 games last year.  This team turned it around when they focused less on Diggs.  

Denying any of that isn't facing reality.  And I was one of the ones that thought there was no way we trade diggs this offseason because of the cap hit.  I figured they would make it work one more season and then trade him next year.  But I was wrong, and since the trade, we have seen a lot more into why this had to happen this year, especially with Beane getting a good return.

I don't watch camp clips or pay attention to interviews during the week that much.

I will take what you say is true.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T.E. said:

the team looks looser than they've ever been in the McDermott era. 

I had the same reaction watching last night.  It was so clearly every man doing his job, and no one was relied on to be the play maker.  It was all about when it's your turn, do your job.  The defense, particularly, looked like 11 no-names with two guys always about to make the tackle.  

It was refreshing.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2