Diggs' Drama

Simon

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

In the 4 years he was here with Allen

• Led the NFL in receiving yards
  • Led the NFL in receptions
  • Tied for most TDs with Kelce-Mahomes

Doesn't take much "understanding" as to why.

Wanted out of Minny and eventually wanted out of Buffalo, so leading anything other than being a cancerous, "me first" stat means nothing to a team mentality.

Don't even get me started on trading for Diggs when we could have taken Jefferson debate.

2 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Wanted out of Minny and eventually wanted out of Buffalo, so leading anything other than being a cancerous, "me first" stat means nothing to a team mentality.

Had every reason to want out of Minnesota with the way the offense was headed to a run heavy approach when he was in his prime.  Bills utilized him properly in his prime...now that he is past his prime he still thinks he is in it but he isn't...

Players have a right to want to maximize their abilities and their career potential. That was never happening in Minnesota.

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

In the 4 years he was here with Allen

• Led the NFL in receiving yards
  • Led the NFL in receptions
  • Tied for most TDs with Kelce-Mahomes

Doesn't take much "understanding" as to why.

People have such short term memories. Bills were never funny to watch when he was here? We had one of the most exciting offenses in the league. I love the 2-0 start and there has been some fun to watch. But saying we are so much more fun to watch than we have ever been is a weird conclusion. 

I'm inclined to agree. JA17 looks more relaxed when going through his progressions, not worried about having to feed Baby Diggs all the time. A hat tip to Connor McGovern at center. I liked Mitch Morse, but I thought he was one of the weak links on our O-line last year. His experience was not making up for his physical deficiencies and a change was needed. I would dare say the weakest part of our offense right now is Josh Allen, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I think the protection, players, and scheme are top notch. However, our O goes as Josh goes. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, T.E. said:

Selfish, me-first cancer got excised, and now the team looks looser than they've ever been in the McDermott era. No whining, no worries about if certain players are getting enough touches...they're just going out and doing what it takes to win. It's fun to watch them again, and that hasn't been the case, at least for me, for a few years.

Letting go of do-nothings like Harty & Sherfield was far better for the Bills. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

People have such short term memories. Bills were never funny to watch when he was here? We had one of the most exciting offenses in the league. I love the 2-0 start and there has been some fun to watch. But saying we are so much more fun to watch than we have ever been is a weird conclusion. 

Yeah...seems really revisionist now... but as always people forget about the past and are so caught up in the last game or few games of the season.

11 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I seriously never understood the trade to bring him over here in the first place........i didn't like him in Minny, hated it even more on the Bills.

okkk now. He was a very big part of Josh‘s growth from in year 3, to where he is now. Let’s not forget Josh was throwing 50 yard bombs to Robert Foster before the Bills traded for Diggs

In hindsight, Minnesota won the trade in both the long term and the short term with the drafting of Justin Jefferson

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

okkk now. He was a very big part of Josh‘s growth from in year 3, to where he is now. Let’s not forget Josh was throwing 50 yard bombs to Robert Foster before the Bills traded for Diggs

In hindsight, Minnesota won the trade in both the long term and the short term with the drafting of Justin Jefferson

Did they? Where are they now and how has he contributed to any playoff success? That team is nowhere.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

He was the man in 2020 and 2021, but after his tantrum in the Cincinnati playoff game, there was an obvious cloud over the team. Is Diggs getting enough touches? How's his relationship with Allen? He became an albatross.

Always hated how he got up after every catch and immediately started trashtalking the defender. Couldn't stand his "I'm HIM" nonsense. Just a tough guy to root for, and I'm glad I don't have to anymore. Give me Eric Moulds and Andre Reed any day of the week.

1 minute ago, 17islongenough said:

They say the best days of owning a boat are the day you get it and the day you sell it. That's how I feel about Diggs. 

He helped Allen grow into the QB he is now.   But it's best for Allen now to not have to feed a true WR 1.  

Great analogy, and I get it but im

not so sure. Yes, Diggs probably had to go and the Bills were going to have to eat that $$ cap hit this year or next. Still, I’d like to see a top caliber WR on this team,  or even another fairly high draft pick. They do seem committed to a ground attack and that will take some pressure off Allen and the passing game. A top WR would go a long way to then mmmmm being a clear Super Bowl contender. I’m still not convinced that they are. 

Sorry, that's a bridge too far. 

Was Diggs a distraction/locker room cancer? Probably, although no former teammates have come out and said that. 

Did Diggs have to go? Seemingly the answer to that is yes but none of us really know the extent of the rift between him, Allen, and the Bills.

Did we get a good return? Yes.

Is it "the best thing to happen to this team"? Objectively (and obviously) no. We are eating a ton of dead cap and lost a weapon at the position. 

Can the Bills still be successful without Diggs? All signs point to yes so far. 

1 minute ago, T.E. said:

Do we win the last game of the season in Miami without their contributions, yes or no?

I think the Bills could have found a way to win, but I won't deny that Harty's return was big and Sherfield's TD catch was luck.

Nevertheless, you are basing their performances in one game is credible against an entire season?

Would you have preferred that they had been kept for this season as well?