Diggs' Drama

Simon

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I would like to put in a plug for Roscoe Parrish for a WR who could have been a really good one but along with his career ending injuries was a victim of poor management and coaching. I was always so sad to see him stuck with terrible QBs and then FINALLY when we get a better one he got injured twice and was never the same. We utterly WASTED his talent and Tre White's injuries reminded me of what happened to him.

Roscoe was always interesting to me. Once Chan here he really started using him and he was electric. I think he was a bit before his time. On KC now, he would be incredible

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I would like to put in a plug for Roscoe Parrish for a WR who could have been a really good one but along with his career ending injuries was a victim of poor management and coaching. I was always so sad to see him stuck with terrible QBs and then FINALLY when we get a better one he got injured twice and was never the same. We utterly WASTED his talent and Tre White's injuries reminded me of what happened to him.

I don't think Parrish ever actually suffered anything even approaching a season ending injury. He was a mediocre player without much in the way of size or long speed but did possess good short area quickness. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/ParrRo00.htm

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't think Parrish ever actually suffered anything even approaching a season ending injury. He was a mediocre player without much in the way of size or long speed but did possess good short area quickness. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/ParrRo00.htm

He never got the chance to succeed with QBs like Losman and Edwards... he was not used properly and it showed, hence why I mentioned him. Are you REALLY saying that he was the mediocre player when he was surrounded by piss poor QB play and coached by Dick Jauron? He looked really good with Fitzy at QB UNTIL HE GOT HURT. Cut him some slack.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

12 hours ago, folz said:

I was old enough to have seen Frank Lewis, Jerry Butler, and Bobby Chandler play (well, the tail-end of Chandler's career).

But, I was curious if older fans who got to see him play would put Dubenion on the list. He's 5th on the Bills all-time receiving list (just 78 yards behind Diggs---though over 9 years as opposed to 4, but it was the 1960s...talk about a different era).

Butler and Lewis are such forgotten players by today's fans. Phenomenal tandem for the era of football. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Butler and Lewis are such forgotten players by today's fans. Phenomenal tandem for the era of football. 

Jerry Butler was my favorite player when I was younger.  I was at the game at Rich early in his career when he had 4 TDs against the Jets.  Frank Lewis was no slouch either.

Edited by Haslett_Stomp
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Jerry Butler was my favorite player when I was younger.  I was at the game at Rich early in his career when he had 4 TDs against the Jets.  Frank Lewis was no slouch either.

I was at that game too, 1979 was when the Knox era started kicking in and you knew the Bills were back. In 2024, after a 4 - 12 followed by a 7 - 9 seasons the fire evrybody chant would have been loud - 1980 (one of my favorite teams) went to the playoff. Jerry Butler, tragic injuries ended what would have been a HOF career plus he had lots of class and character. 

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Both clutch WRs!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I love me some Jerry Butler. He was on the verge of a significant career rebirth with Kelly. And then he breaks his leg against the Dolphins on a TD catch. So sad. 

On the other side Perry Tuttle was supposed to be great and he may have been one of the biggest draft busts in franchise history. Gabe Davis would be jealous of Tuttle's ability to drop the ball. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He definitely suffered a seasoning ending injury 

That 2010 season he only played eight games he was our leading receiver.. he was actually playing really well 

And he dove for a pass across the middle and broke his arm

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He definitely suffered a seasoning ending injury 

That 2010 season he only played eight games he was our leading receiver.. he was actually playing really well 

And he dove for a pass across the middle and broke his arm

Yeah, I was thinking of the first five years of his career when he didn't do much. If a player isnn't doing much in the first five years, I don't think the future bodes well for them, production wise, going forward. He was a gadget player who was a good quick-twitch return guy, but he was never more than a slot receiver and was hardly a great route runner (which you need to be at the position). Not a terrible player, but also a player who was a just a guy in the end. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/12/2024 at 2:21 AM, RunTheBall said:

I’m sorry, I loved Diggs when he was here. I’m pissed he became a head case because he COULD have reached Andre Reed levels of reverence in Buffalo had he stayed but he didn’t give a sht about that. He could have been a Buffalo legend on the Wall with Bruce, Jim, Andre, etc. He didn’t care. 

THIS. End of story.

Selfish, me-first cancer got excised, and now the team looks looser than they've ever been in the McDermott era. No whining, no worries about if certain players are getting enough touches...they're just going out and doing what it takes to win. It's fun to watch them again, and that hasn't been the case, at least for me, for a few years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Josh Allen was the best thing to happen to this team.

The constant gloating about Diggs when he has success is a bad look imo.

It's nice that the best player in franchise history doesn't have to worry about placating a headcase

Edited by T.E.
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sweats said:

I seriously never understood the trade to bring him over here in the first place........i didn't like him in Minny, hated it even more on the Bills.

In the 4 years he was here with Allen

• Led the NFL in receiving yards
  • Led the NFL in receptions
  • Tied for most TDs with Kelce-Mahomes

Doesn't take much "understanding" as to why.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, T.E. said:

Selfish, me-first cancer got excised, and now the team looks looser than they've ever been in the McDermott era. No whining, no worries about if certain players are getting enough touches...they're just going out and doing what it takes to win. It's fun to watch them again, and that hasn't been the case, at least for me, for a few years.

I agree 100%. Even Herbtreit talked about it, how he feels as this season progresses it will be much harder to defend us and its better for Josh.

• Agree 1