Diggs' Drama

Simon

I have said this for years and I’ll stay true to myself. Diggs was the best WR the Bills ever had. Yes, I know who that “ slights” Still, his time here has come and gone. I’ll forever be grateful for the run he was apart of. I truly loved having him here and I have no ill will towards him. Right wrong or indifferent, the exit left a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths. I get that. But, It’s over now. There are guys here that are very easy to root for and it’s completely ok to just let this Diggs stuff go. Sunday was good. Let’s just root on the Bills and not waste a second worrying about the guys who are no longer apart of this.

• Angry 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have said this for years and I’ll stay true to myself. Diggs was the best WR the Bills ever had. Yes, I know who that “ slights” Still, his time here has come and gone. I’ll forever be grateful for the run he was apart of. I truly loved having him here and I have no ill will towards him. Right wrong or indifferent, the exit left a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths. I get that. But, It’s over now. There are guys here that are very easy to root for and it’s completely ok to just let this Diggs stuff go. Sunday was good. Let’s just root on the Bills and not waste a second worrying about the guys who are no longer apart of this.

Not even close to Andre Reed, BTW he is the HOF, the closest Diggs will get is he visits as a customer and fan. I don't dispute he made significant contributions to the Bills success during his time here, but many seem to let emotion cloud reality.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, amprov56 said:

Not even close to Andre Reed, BTW he is the HOF, the closest Diggs will get is he visits as a customer and fan. I don't dispute he made significant contributions to the Bills success during his time here, but many seem to let emotion cloud reality.

Andre Reed was great but Diggs is a better WR. Andre never even had back to back 1000 yard seasons. I know different era.

You can even make an argument Moulds was better than both of them but just had terrible QBs. Could you imagine Moulds with Allen???

• Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I'd take an in-his-prime Moulds over Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

I see people are forgetting how good Andre Reed was.

No "people" are not. I'm a huge Reed fan, and he and Kelly were a perfect pair for the time. Moulds was a beast that never had a QB to match. Just having some fun here (we're still allowed to do that, right?)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Andre Reed was great but Diggs is a better WR. Andre never even had back to back 1000 yard seasons. I know different era.

You can even make an argument Moulds was better than both of them but just had terrible QBs. Could you imagine Moulds with Allen???

If our paths ever cross, please share what you are smoking! Andre Reed HOF - Diggs no HOF, you can opine with emotion but those of us who watched both play know! 

44 minutes ago, H2o said:

I would too, including Frank Lewis from the Chuck Knox era.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, H2o said:

I didn’t say we didn’t have other great WRs but too me Diggs was a better. 

2 hours ago, amprov56 said:

Yeah I mean you want to do this, he is close. Infact by every measurement Diggs is better and Reed “isn’t close” And Reed was on the best teams this franchise ever had. Throw Diggs in the slot on those 90s Super Bowl teams with no Mahomes to deal with. How you think that guys numbers look? Give him Kelly Thurman a great defense etc come on. You want to say Reed is better? It is what it is. Don’t insult people’s intelligence by saying he’s not close though 

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I didn’t say we didn’t have other great WRs but too me Diggs was a better. 

Yeah I mean you want to do this, he is close. Infact by every measurement Diggs is better and Reed “isn’t close” And Reed was on the best teams this franchise ever had. Throw Diggs in the slot on those 90s Super Bowl teams with no Mahomes to deal with. How you think that guys numbers look? Give him Kelly Thurman a great defense etc come on. You want to say Reed is better? It is what it is. Don’t insult people’s intelligence by saying he’s not close though 

Remember the saying "If your Aunt had ***** she would be your Uncle!" No insult to anyones intelligence, I stand by he is not close! Andre Reed was a 5th round pick out "KUTZTOWN" college, not exactly an NFL factory, came to Buffalo, played his heart out; Diggs got run out of Minnesota!  In 10 - 15 years Diggs is going to wake up (grow up) and ask himself WTF did I do, I blew it. My concession to you is he could have been a HOFer and no one, players, coaches or the mean posters on TBD stood in the way of this, Diggs himself did!

28 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Remember the saying "If your Aunt had ***** she would be your Uncle!" No insult to anyones intelligence, I stand by he is not close! Andre Reed was a 5th round pick out "KUTZTOWN" college, not exactly an NFL factory, came to Buffalo, played his heart out; Diggs got run out of Minnesota!  In 10 - 15 years Diggs is going to wake up (grow up) and ask himself WTF did I do, I blew it. My concession to you is he could have been a HOFer and no one, players, coaches or the mean posters on TBD stood in the way of this, Diggs himself did!

Diggs was a 5th round pick out of Maryland.  I don't understand the relevance. 

Very few active players are in the HOF by the way.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Diggs was a 5th round pick out of Maryland.  I don't understand the relevance. 

Very few active players are in the HOF by the way.  

Okay, let me clarify, Diggs is not going to the HOF!! Hope that clears up my failure at clarity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Reed came through big time in the playoffs which is why he got into the HOF.  Diggs has been at best average in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Reed came through big time in the playoffs which is why he got into the HOF.  Diggs has been at best average in the playoffs.

He would go over the middle, catch, get hit, hold on to the ball or break a short pass into a long gain TD. He came through not only in the playoffs but regular season too, regardless who the QB was. I have two aquaintances that worked for Bills 1985 through 2000; no one worked harder on his own time then Andre and the whole organization loved him as a person.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DD4Bills said:

No "people" are not. I'm a huge Reed fan, and he and Kelly were a perfect pair for the time. Moulds was a beast that never had a QB to match. Just having some fun here (we're still allowed to do that, right?)

Yeah, and I’m still allowed to say Hall of Famer Andre Reed is the best if the bunch, right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, amprov56 said:

What are you using to argue that Diggs isn’t close to Reed? The stats because you’re right. But it’s not in the favor of your argument. That Diggs isn’t in the HOF? The guy is still playing Im confused 

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is it bro.

two second half swoons, two zero contribution playoffs.

he's not up to the moment, or at least he wasn't for us.  the contract extension was a terrible idea