Diggs' Drama

Simon

37 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Just to be clear, Diggs may of gotten 2 TD, but he did not have the most yards, nor even the second most total yards on that team.

There is no proof that Diggs is the same player of 2 years ago. 

same a-hole, yes..

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Trev said:

Diggs produced on the field. This is where we are divided as fans, some think the social aspect is more important than producing and some think producing is all the matters. 

Totally disagree, not sure what social aspect you are talking about but plain and simple, football is Team Sport and he was not only failing to produce but a team disruption. Antics on the sideline and locker room are not conducive to success, he was aging and more about Stefan than anything else! 

Edited by amprov56

I have no issue if he produces for the Texans. Good for him. Our offense was still as productive as last year with him out and that is what’s relevant to us.

One of his TDs (the crossing route one) was actually a really nice play design. The initial wave of WR cleared out the middle of the field and it was an easy catch and almost walk into the endzone. Hope we steal that.

2 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I have no issue if he produces for the Texans. Good for him. Our offense was still as productive as last year with him out and that is what’s relevant to us.

One of his TDs (the crossing route one) was actually a really nice play design. The initial wave of WR cleared out the middle of the field and it was an easy catch and almost walk into the endzone. Hope we steal that.

Bobby Slowik is going to be a HC next year. Dude is brilliant 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So if Coleman had that stat line, you won’t be happy?

Diggs is a douche but man, some fans are completely irrational. 

I’d be happy for sure.  Diggs is going to have a fine season- as will Coleman.  

The big problem in making this trade for Houston- they gave up a 2nd rd pick for a one year rental.  That’s kind of steep for my taste.  If they don’t win the SB, it’s a failed trade imo.  

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Bobby Slowik is going to be a HC next year. Dude is brilliant 

💯
maybe here in Buffalo 🙏🏻 

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Just to be clear, Diggs may of gotten 2 TD, but he did not have the most yards, nor even the second most total yards on that team.

Just to be clear, 2 tds is not good. Excellent point. 

also, good WRs opens up things for other players because of the cb they fast or coverage they draw. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d be happy for sure.  Diggs is going to have a fine season- as will Coleman.  

The big problem in making this trade for Houston- they gave up a 2nd rd pick for a one year rental.  That’s kind of steep for my taste.  If they don’t win the SB, it’s a failed trade imo.  

💯
maybe here in Buffalo 🙏🏻 

Don’t totally disagree but I just think the mindset of something being a failure because you don’t win the SB is a little harsh. They are going all in on a rookie QB while he’s cheap and I respect the gamble.

also at this point, would you trust Diggs on a multi year deal?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Don’t totally disagree but I just think the mindset of something being a failure because you don’t win the SB is a little harsh. They are going all in on a rookie QB while he’s cheap and I respect the gamble.

also at this point, would you trust Diggs on a multi year deal?

Yeah I respect it too-  it’s just a big gamble.  A 2nd rd pick is a big building block and a major resource. A potential solid 4 years of starting with high potential.  

no- I wouldn’t want to commit to Diggs for more than a season.  I just would’ve gone after someone else.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, amprov56 said:

Totally disagree, not sure what social aspect you are talking about but plain and simple, football is Team Sport and he was not only failing to produce but a team disruption. Antics on the sideline and locker room are not conducive to success, he was aging and more about Stefan than anything else! 

You obviously care more about the social aspect than production.  He was a great receiver on the field, year in and year out.  One of the best in Bills history. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah I respect it too-  it’s just a big gamble.  A 2nd rd pick is a big building block and a major resource. A potential solid 4 years of starting with high potential.  

no- I wouldn’t want to commit to Diggs for more than a season.  I just would’ve gone after someone else.  

I do think draft picks do get a little overvalued. Chances they get a better wr than even a declining Diggs this year in the 2nd are pretty low. 

we know Diggs is a head ass but a locked in, one year Diggs can he give for them. Can’t wait for that game. 

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So if Coleman had that stat line, you won’t be happy?

Diggs is a douche but man, some fans are completely irrational. 

I would be happy in a since that hopefully the 2 TD's helped us win.  But Diggs averaged 8.9 ypc his final 10 games last year, and he faded the back half of the season before too, and his playoff production has been all or nothing with more nothing in regards to what you want and need from a $26m WR1.  

So seeing his 5.5 ypc and having again no value outside the short areas of the field for the 11th straight game stands out despite the 2 TD's.

Now if Coleman did that in his very first game, sure, seeing your rookie whose best attribute in drafting him was to make us better in the redzone go and execute in the redzone would be an exciting start.  But I sure as hell would be concerned about Keon if 10 games later Coleman was averaging under 9 yards per catch which is bad for even a backup TE.  

6 targets, 6 catches, 2 TDs.  There’s no proof of anything, but the early returns are pretty solidly in the “Diggs can play” column.

6 minutes ago, Trev said:

You obviously care more about the social aspect than production.  He was a great receiver on the field, year in and year out.  One of the best in Bills history. 

Not true, I want production but not at the cost of distraction and disruption of the "TEAM." One of the best in Bills history, very subjective and you must be new to the Bills!

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I do think draft picks do get a little overvalued. Chances they get a better wr than even a declining Diggs this year in the 2nd are pretty low. 

we know Diggs is a head ass but a locked in, one year Diggs can he give for them. Can’t wait for that game. 

I dont disagree that Diggs can bring good value though still the Texans, they have deep threats in Nico and Tank, so he doesn't need to be that.  In Buffalo, he was supposed to be the WR1, supposed to make plays all over the field.  I don't know he still is an elite WR1, especially for his drama.  He even admitted recently he had bad focus and head space last year.  Thats not what a team wants in a WR1.

So for me, its a win-win for Diggs and the Bills with the separation.  I think both benefit from it and both can have good years this year without each other.

• Like (+1) 1

6 targets, 6 catches, 2 TDs.  There’s no proof of anything, but the early returns are pretty solidly in the “Diggs can still play” column.

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Just to be clear, 2 tds is not good. Excellent point. 

also, good WRs opens up things for other players because of the cb they fast or coverage they draw. 

Yeah that wasn’t the case here last year as KC pointed out he no longer required double coverage. He’s not the best receiver on that team. Others are now creating space for him.