Diggs' Drama

Simon

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

According to several old people who evidently were on television shows 60 years ago, it’s the best financial decision you can make.

I'm an old guy and bought gold back in 1986 at 300.00 an once, now going for 2500 an once! But then again we were raised by people who survived the great depression!

Just now, Billl said:

The Office Grandpa GIF by MOODMAN

Woookay, guess you have been watching reality TV! Go do your homework now!

26 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Have you met Reed? He is the biggest diva going, even in his 50s 🤣

Character over talent is why this team has such a low ceiling.

Oh ya, still waiting for a follow up to your brillant post "Beane will get fired after the draft," try indoor soccer!

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I don’t know if that’s necessarily the case but to each their own.  

I think it’s better stated that they didn’t have a plan that most people would agree is a good plan.  Me included.  I was hoping to somehow replace Diggs with an upper echelon WR, which is easier said than done considering our cap sitch.  I didn’t think the chiefs had a good plan for replacing Tyreek either.  

I think the plan on offense is to run more 12 personnel and become more difficult to defend by disguising the run and pass.  Having the ability to run multiple designs with different combinations of players using their skillets. Not so much the meta x,y,z- rather lots of bunch and play action to keep the d off balance.  Having WRs with the ability to run block (which they all have).  

Brady had access to an elite WR last season and didn’t utilize him very much.   Certainly didn’t get the best out of him.  Cap/age transition offseason can be devastating for some teams.  I don’t see us being one of those teams.  We play a lot of very good teams this year, I see our season being similar to last year-  making the playoffs/winning the division will excruciating and down to the wire.  If that turns out to be the case, the plan couldn’t be that bad.  We’d be right back where we were last season 

One could argue they kept some of their releases this year a year too long because they hadn't adequately replaced them - Hyde, Poyer, Morse come to mind.  They did add rapp and get him a year in the system, but center and safety were drafted this year specifically to fill in the depth chart.  

Diggs was probably a year too early because of the cap challenges it created.  End of the day, he didn't want to be here and he is a noisy player when he's unhappy. 

Team has some gaps this year for sure, and players either step up and become NFL players (Shakir, Williams, Hamlin), or you fail and get back to the drawing board in the draft and FA.  There's a balance to how long to commit to some of these players as they get up there in age - and you have decisions next season in guys like Milano (injured again), Douglas (FA - 31), and Miller (would need another serious restructure to even consider bringing him back - or he needs to tear it up).  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

One could argue they kept some of their releases this year a year too long because they hadn't adequately replaced them - Hyde, Poyer, Morse come to mind.  They did add rapp and get him a year in the system, but center and safety were drafted this year specifically to fill in the depth chart.  

Diggs was probably a year too early because of the cap challenges it created.  End of the day, he didn't want to be here and he is a noisy player when he's unhappy. 

Team has some gaps this year for sure, and players either step up and become NFL players (Shakir, Williams, Hamlin), or you fail and get back to the drawing board in the draft and FA.  There's a balance to how long to commit to some of these players as they get up there in age - and you have decisions next season in guys like Milano (injured again), Douglas (FA - 31), and Miller (would need another serious restructure to even consider bringing him back - or he needs to tear it up).  

In hindsight, they did keep them too long, but I don’t see how you can blame them for keeping poyer and Hyde last year.  What were the options last year?  Use a draft pick on a S and/or bring in 2 brand new guys that don’t know the system.  In this case, they gave rapp a year to get accustomed.  I think that was a good idea.  I just don’t love the player.  I do love Bishop though.

Other than that small point, I agree with your post wholeheartedly.  Lots of big decisions will loom every year from now on

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

I'm an old guy and bought gold back in 1986 at 300.00 an once, now going for 2500 an once! But then again we were raised by people who survived the great depression!

That same $300 invested in the market would be worth around $7,000 today. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Billl said:

According to several old people who evidently were on television shows 60 years ago, it’s the best financial decision you can make.

The best financial decision I ever made was stocking my bunker with canned goods for Y2K. It’s like I’m eating Lima beans for free now. 

• Haha (+1) 11

8 minutes ago, Billl said:

That same $300 invested in the market would be worth around $7,000 today. 

Junior, don’t worry about me, I’m doing fine, fine, fine; not a worry in the world but thanks for your concern and I’m sure you’re a financial counselor so provide advice to someone who needs it and more importantly wants it!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

In hindsight, they did keep them too long, but I don’t see how you can blame them for keeping poyer and Hyde last year.  What were the options last year?  Use a draft pick on a S and/or bring in 2 brand new guys that don’t know the system.  In this case, they gave rapp a year to get accustomed.  I think that was a good idea.  I just don’t love the player.  I do love Bishop though.

Other than that small point, I agree with your post wholeheartedly.  Lots of big decisions will loom every year from now on

They've had some foresight in bringing in LBs and corners to try and acclimate.  Need to have that same level of foresight across the roster - which i think to some extent they have.

• Van demark has looked... altogether fine and unnoticeable when i saw him on the field.  So you have a ready made player to compete at RT if Spencer Brown has unrealistic extension demands.  Throw in a late rounder for Grable this year and I think you'd have to say they're in OK shape.
  • VPG gets a year to learn the offense, and you can make decisions next season at LG.
  • Williams gets a shot to replace Milano - I don't dislike milano but thats a fair amount of cap space tied up in a player whos 30 and never seems to be on the field.  Ulofoshio was another late round dart. 
  • 2 linemen in Carter and Solomon.  This team rotates heavily and these players are cheaper than the 2nd tier free agents buffalo has traditionally filled the roster with.  

The volatile situation with Diggs, and an expiring gabe davis contract that everyone knew buffalo wouldn't be interested in just created such a gaping hole at the position without cap space or draft capital to properly address it.  

8 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Junior, don’t worry about me, I’m doing fine, fine, fine; not a worry in the world but thanks for your concern and I’m sure you’re a financial counselor so provide advice to someone who needs it and more importantly wants it!

Give him a piece of rope and he'll show you he's a cowboy.

13 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Moderators, since this topic has moved on to socioeconomic discussion and commentary moving away from adult Bills debate, might be time to close it down; I too am guilty, my apologies

Or you could just, you know, stop it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

21 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They've had some foresight in bringing in LBs and corners to try and acclimate.  Need to have that same level of foresight across the roster - which i think to some extent they have.

• Van demark has looked... altogether fine and unnoticeable when i saw him on the field.  So you have a ready made player to compete at RT if Spencer Brown has unrealistic extension demands.  Throw in a late rounder for Grable this year and I think you'd have to say they're in OK shape.
  • VPG gets a year to learn the offense, and you can make decisions next season at LG.
  • Williams gets a shot to replace Milano - I don't dislike milano but thats a fair amount of cap space tied up in a player whos 30 and never seems to be on the field.  Ulofoshio was another late round dart. 
  • 2 linemen in Carter and Solomon.  This team rotates heavily and these players are cheaper than the 2nd tier free agents buffalo has traditionally filled the roster with.  

The volatile situation with Diggs, and an expiring gabe davis contract that everyone knew buffalo wouldn't be interested in just created such a gaping hole at the position without cap space or draft capital to properly address it.  

I agree, I feel they have as well, minus WR.  Tough to stay on top of every position with limited resources though.  Just sucks that he cut the most corners at such a key position.  

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Wouldn’t you say the new guys are at least as good?

5 hours ago, amprov56 said:

Oh ya, still waiting for a follow up to your brillant post "Beane will get fired after the draft," try indoor soccer!

Beane has built a team of depth players with no elite talent outside of Josh. He’s had his time. Why are you ok with just being above average?

• Eyeroll 2

I am so tired of this me first diva sucking up all the oxygen trying to make himself the center of attention. Who cares what he thinks the reason for his former teams parting company with him. He becomes a huge distraction when he doesn’t get targets. Perhaps this guy who claims he’s all about winning, could’ve had one big game in the playoffs. He fanned on a catchable ball in the KC game that would’ve helped us win. He was ordinary in the Bills comeback in the 2nd half of the season last year. He’s in a contract year and watch him cancerize the Texans if he doesn’t get the ball enough. I loved Diggs for 3 seasons but he forgot how Josh made him better and gave the Bills fanbase the finger after supporting him when the Vikes dumped him. I wish him nothing but futility, which is what he deserves.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41139091/texans-stefon-diggs-says-cj-stroud-family-not-just-qb

There's a telling quote in this article:

"It's been a nice road," Diggs said. "I look at him as family, not just my quarterback. I'm rocking with him through thick and thin. I always tell him I am with you when you're right, I'm with you when you're wrong."

I wonder if there's a scenario in Diggs' mind where he is, in fact, the one who is wrong. I'd be willing to bet he's going to be negative influence on the sideline/in the locker room at some point this season.