Diggs' Drama

Simon

58 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Getting rid of an aging troublemaker is, will never understand the emotional attachment, first Sammy Watkins and now Diggs. Sammy never went to Canton and neither will Diggs but I do believe in roughly ten years Diggs is going to think WTF did I do, I blew it!

Oh ya, still waiting for Beane to get fired, the draft is over with!

Our WR2 is Mack Hollins

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Our WR2 is Mack Hollins

Is that from the article? 

2 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I was responding to another comment. Its fine moving on from Diggs but we didn't have a plan to move on from him. 

I would ask Josh why he wanted him traded.  Clearly their relationship was the issue.  They did it to appease their superstar. 

4 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I was responding to another comment. Its fine moving on from Diggs but we didn't have a plan to move on from him. 

I don’t know if that’s necessarily the case but to each their own.  

I think it’s better stated that they didn’t have a plan that most people would agree is a good plan.  Me included.  I was hoping to somehow replace Diggs with an upper echelon WR, which is easier said than done considering our cap sitch.  I didn’t think the chiefs had a good plan for replacing Tyreek either.  

I think the plan on offense is to run more 12 personnel and become more difficult to defend by disguising the run and pass.  Having the ability to run multiple designs with different combinations of players using their skillets. Not so much the meta x,y,z- rather lots of bunch and play action to keep the d off balance.  Having WRs with the ability to run block (which they all have).  

Brady had access to an elite WR last season and didn’t utilize him very much.   Certainly didn’t get the best out of him.  Cap/age transition offseason can be devastating for some teams.  I don’t see us being one of those teams.  We play a lot of very good teams this year, I see our season being similar to last year-  making the playoffs/winning the division will excruciating and down to the wire.  If that turns out to be the case, the plan couldn’t be that bad.  We’d be right back where we were last season 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t know if that’s necessarily the case but to each their own.  

I think it’s better stated that they didn’t have a plan that most people would agree is a good plan.  Me included.  I was hoping to somehow replace Diggs with an upper echelon WR, which is easier said than done considering our cap sitch.  I didn’t think the chiefs had a good plan for replacing Tyreek either.  

I think the plan on offense is to run more 12 personnel and become more difficult to defend by disguising the run and pass.  Having the ability to run multiple designs with different combinations of players using their skillets. Not so much the meta x,y,z- rather lots of bunch and play action to keep the d off balance.  Having WRs with the ability to run block (which they all have).  

Brady had access to an elite WR last season and didn’t utilize him very much.   Certainly didn’t get the best out of him.  Cap/age transition offseason can be devastating for some teams.  I don’t see us being one of those teams.  We play a lot of very good teams this year, I see our season being similar to last year-  making the playoffs/winning the division will excruciating and down to the wire.  If that turns out to be the case, the plan couldn’t be that bad.  We’d be right back where we were last season 

Considering Diggs forced the trade, how could we reasonably expect the Bills to have a solid plan in place? I mean I'm all for having continuity planning and contingencies, but in this case he really painted them into a corner. 

If I came home today and my wife asked me for a divorce out of the blue, I might not have a plan either. 

Oh hell who am I kidding, I'd empty our bank account and go straight to Pharaoh's. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, yall said:

Considering Diggs forced the trade, how could we reasonably expect the Bills to have a solid plan in place? I mean I'm all for having continuity planning and contingencies, but in this case he really painted them into a corner. 

If I came home today and my wife asked me for a divorce out of the blue, I might not have a plan either. 

Oh hell who am I kidding, I'd empty our bank account and go straight to Pharaoh's. 

Do we know when the FO had made up their mind that they wanted to trade him?  Was it that week? That month or perhaps towards last seasons end?  Based on the offense we saw once Brady took over, it’s conceivable that they were trying to trade him prior to the execution, but they weren’t able to get what they thought was good value.  Maybe- maybe not.  Maybe Diggs forced it that week-  Either way, other than draft picks, there weren’t many resources available.  It’s not like they didn’t spend a fair amount of their cap space on Samuel.  

love the rest of your post 🤪 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Our WR2 is Mack Hollins

Andre Reed was a 5th Round draft choice from Kutztown, not exactly a factory for the NFL, oh ya he is a HOFer. Rather have someone who is a good teammate than a diva any day! You 

3 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Andre Reed was a 5th Round draft choice from Kutztown, not exactly a factory for the NFL, oh ya he is a HOFer. Rather have someone who is a good teammate than a diva any day! You 

I guess its not wrong for people to be arguing whether they liked Diggs/thought he was good for the team or not. Its 2 different ways of being a fan.

-For some, being a fan is about big names.  They are exciting.  Its fun, great entertainment when players are 'divas', meaning they are just having fun with the fans, trolling people on other teams, etc.  The more players you have like that, the better....and its even BETTER if they put up numbers and demand those around them do better and call them out. Celebrate after a big play, show the other team you just did something great.  The 'alpha male' mentality, some support it, some are it, and some fans want that type of player.

-For others, being a fan is about the team, not the individual at all.  Celebrations after a touchdown? C'mon, act like you've been there before.  Saying too much on social media and not keeping it 'in the house'? that is the sign of "Diva" behavior and Diva behavior is NOT good for the team.  Entertainment is about a well executed play, a well structured drive, seeing a WR on the other side of the field complete a block on a running play even though the play went in the other direction.

2 Types of fans.  I personally am the 2nd type, but we have both on this board.  Its not so much a matter of Diggs being 'good' or 'bad' for the Bills when he was here, its just as much the type of fan he appealed to (or didn't appeal to).

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I guess its not wrong for people to be arguing whether they liked Diggs/thought he was good for the team or not. Its 2 different ways of being a fan.

-For some, being a fan is about big names.  They are exciting.  Its fun, great entertainment when players are 'divas', meaning they are just having fun with the fans, trolling people on other teams, etc.  The more players you have like that, the better....and its even BETTER if they put up numbers and demand those around them do better and call them out. Celebrate after a big play, show the other team you just did something great.  The 'alpha male' mentality, some support it, some are it, and some fans want that type of player.

-For others, being a fan is about the team, not the individual at all.  Celebrations after a touchdown? C'mon, act like you've been there before.  Saying too much on social media and not keeping it 'in the house'? that is the sign of "Diva" behavior and Diva behavior is NOT good for the team.  Entertainment is about a well executed play, a well structured drive, seeing a WR on the other side of the field complete a block on a running play even though the play went in the other direction.

2 Types of fans.  I personally am the 2nd type, but we have both on this board.  Its not so much a matter of Diggs being 'good' or 'bad' for the Bills when he was here, its just as much the type of fan he appealed to (or didn't appeal to).

Outstanding post agree with all! I thought Diggs was a great acquisition and contributed significantly to the Bills success during his time here. However throughout his career he has had “team issues.” I just can’t understand the emotional attachment. During the late 1980’s Bill Polian stated that during the last 20 years the Buffalo Bills hurt themselves holding onto fan favorites pass their prime, trust me he was correct. During the off season he unloaded the most fan favorite Bill ever, Fred Smerlas and several others, they went to the SB that year. The NFL goes on and so will the Bills despite the loss of Diggs!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, yall said:

Text me when that happens. I'll.join you 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

For others, being a fan is about the team, not the individual at all.  Celebrations after a touchdown? C'mon, act like you've been there before.

Amen.  There’s nothing I hate worse than watching someone celebrate a TD.  In fact, I prefer players who go straight to the bench and hand write a tear-stained apology letter for scoring.  I don’t watch football to be entertained.  I do it for the same reason I do everything in my life…to get angry at the world.  How am I supposed to do that when it looks like the players are actually enjoying themselves?  If I have to subject myself to that, I’m going to go back to watching the news all day where they advertise tactical sunglasses, reverse mortgages, and converting my IRA to gold coins.

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Have you met Reed? He is the biggest diva going, even in his 50s 🤣

Character over talent is why this team has such a low ceiling.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Billl said:

If I have to subject myself to that, I’m going to go back to watching the news all day where they advertise tactical sunglasses, reverse mortgages, and converting my IRA to gold coins.

Wait, I can convert my IRA to gold coins? 

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Wait, I can convert my IRA to gold coins? 

According to several old people who evidently were on television shows 60 years ago, it’s the best financial decision you can make.

19 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Have you met Reed? He is the biggest diva going, even in his 50s 🤣

Character over talent is why this team has such a low ceiling.

I guess its a generational thing, you wouldn't understand! Yes, class, character, intelligence and integrity count, you want thugs, I want citizens!

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Don't ever doubt Beane's ability to flesh out the WR room!....he's still paying Diggs so perhaps he feels he's, you know, like Diggs is  still the Bills WR1?

It was pretty clear functionally that Diggs wasn't the Bills WR1 for the last 7 games of the 2023 season

• Like (+1) 1