Diggs' Drama

Simon

7 hours ago, Saxum said:

I only listen to WGR during the game and I have not heard it.

Must be because you are not listening to it too.

You must of not been listening in May. It was Wah! Wah!  Wah!  I was ready to send a case of tissues to WGR!  Shoop and Joe were crying that we traded with KC, and we were fools and doomed LMAO

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Stroud was off all game. Not sure you can blame last games lack of production on Diggs

I heard an analyst analyze Strouds day, and he said Stroud played good, there were multiple other reasons for weak passing numbers

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

If he were 23 or 24 I could understand a quote like this. He's almost 31. That's beyond middle-age in WR years. 

Great regular-season player for several years but I'm glad we have Cooper instead of him. And the extra picks.

Agree.

When we signed Diggs, I took some of the warnings from Viking fans seriously.  But I blended their concerns with a couple of other things:  (1)  Some of his teammates insisted he was misunderstood and just wanted to win.  (2)  He joined the Vikes when he was 21 years old.  Often people at that age are still learning, growing, maturing.  

But then his relationship with Allen deteriorated and now he says stuff like, "I'm never the bigger person."  I guess he skipped the early 20s maturation phase.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Agree.

When we signed Diggs, I took some of the warnings from Viking fans seriously.  But I blended their concerns with a couple of other things:  (1)  Some of his teammates insisted he was misunderstood and just wanted to win.  (2)  He joined the Vikes when he was 21 years old.  Often people at that age are still learning, growing, maturing.  

But then his relationship with Allen deteriorated and now he says stuff like, "I'm never the bigger person."  I guess he skipped the early 20s maturation phase.  

I wonder how salty diggs is that Minnesota hit a home run replacing him in the draft then we brought in cooper after he left who is seeming like he could be an upgrade lol 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Pete said:

You must of not been listening in May. It was Wah! Wah!  Wah!  I was ready to send a case of tissues to WGR!  Shoop and Joe were crying that we traded with KC, and we were fools and doomed LMAO

There’s this weird notion that Reid is some kind of wr developing savant and if the chiefs wanted worthy he had to be good but it’s not really grounded in reality lol  If we’re lookin at wr picks in the first few rounds in his coaching career it’s a very mixed bag.  

Some of the eagles biggest busts in his tenure were early round wr picks and he hasn’t exactly crushed those type of picks with the chiefs either.  The eagles would probably have an extra superbowl or two if reid could’ve developed the first couple names in this list

Todd Pinkston- bad

Freddy Mitchell- horrible 

Reggie Brown-bad

Desean Jackson-great

Jeremy Macklin - good

Mecole Hardman- kinda bad 

Skyy Moore- bad 

Rashee Rice - good at minimum but could be great

Xavier Worthy-?

despite being a later pick I think tyreek has to get mentioned here because of how good he is 

recent free agent/trade acquisitions:

juju- meh 

Toney- horrible

MVS- bad

sammy Watkins- kinda bad

demarcus Robinson- bad 

8 hours ago, Pete said:

I heard an analyst analyze Strouds day, and he said Stroud played good, there were multiple other reasons for weak passing numbers

There’s multiple threads where we discuss how the talking heads are full of ***** and provide half-assed content. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

There’s multiple threads where we discuss how the talking heads are full of ***** and provide half-assed content. 

Greg Cosell is not just any talking head... if you watch content from Greg Cosell and Mike Florio then you learn a lot about the details, much moreso than you get from the cartoon characters out there on TV.