Diggs' Drama

Simon

2 hours ago, RousseauRage said:

Things really turned around for us when he got here. Hopefully we don't take too much of a step back without him.

I personally don't think it was all Diggs.  He got here right when Allen was maturing.  Did he have a part in that, maybe, but Allen was getting better on his 'timeline' one way or the other.

And if there is a step back, it might not be because of Diggs, its going to be because of a LOT less money spent on players due to them wanting the cap reset (Diggs being a part of that)

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, RousseauRage said:

Things really turned around for us when he got here. Hopefully we don't take too much of a step back without him.

Me too.

One has to wonder if the "Everybody eats" mantra is a direct rebuttal to Diggs and his "I'm him" selfish style of play. Sure seems like a coincidence that all of sudden all the offensive payers are emphasizing that "no one cares who eats." God I hope it works, as that will be the most eloquent response to Diggs' bloviating comments about the split with the Bills.

Dudes an all-pro, maybe HOF'er, but he comes across as super thin-skinned and sensitive with his rants about him being the one that determined things needed to change. We get it, you broke up with us first, and you're still really good. You'd think a guy as accomplished as him, wouldn't feel the need to address the last half of last year and would simply move on to this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I personally don't think it was all Diggs.  He got here right when Allen was maturing.  Did he have a part in that, maybe, but Allen was getting better on his 'timeline' one way or the other.

And if there is a step back, it might not be because of Diggs, its going to be because of a LOT less money spent on players due to them wanting the cap reset (Diggs being a part of that)

Most who remain emotionally attached to Diggs do not understand or support the "team concept!" Diggs played a role but the team improved over this time period but.... the same people emotionally attached to Diggs despise McDermott and Beane!

• Like (+1) 1

Rewatching the perfect offensive game vs NE. Diggs was in much better shape then. He’s a guy that couldn’t afford to get heavier at all, and he did. His ego isn’t going to like what his body tells him is going on. There will be no Hall of Fame for Stephon Diggs 

On 9/7/2024 at 7:21 PM, Thrivefourfive said:

Rewatching the perfect offensive game vs NE. Diggs was in much better shape then. He’s a guy that couldn’t afford to get heavier at all, and he did. His ego isn’t going to like what his body tells him is going on. There will be no Hall of Fame for Stephon Diggs 

Has he gotten heavier? He’s looked the same since he got here. Posts pics with his shirt off a lot and he hasn’t gained any fat. Still listed at the same weight. 

9 hours ago, Trev said:

Diggs produced on the field. This is where we are divided as fans, some think the social aspect is more important than producing and some think producing is all the matters. 

He always produces, in September. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Not going to lie, kinda pissed me off he had 2 TDs for Houston and was not happy watching the highlights...especially since we were down 17-3 when they showed the first one.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

🙄

You mean like when Allen throws you the ball deep late in the 4th against KC in the playoffs, hits you perfectly in stride and you drop the ball?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not going to lie, kinda pissed me off he had 2 TDs for Houston and was not happy watching the highlights...especially since we were down 17-3 when they showed the first one.

You mean like when Allen throws you the ball deep late in the 4th against KC in the playoffs, hits you perfectly in stride and you drop the ball?

As last season saw a move away from Diggs, it had occurred to me that dropped balls and plays off where more than accidental. When your QB begins to suddenly NOT, show trust, and plays off force him to waste the first 1.5 seconds of plays, you know the receiver actions has caused a change in the

O coordinator to modify play calling. 

If a QB hates a receiver personally, but that receiver plays hard and catches the ball, he throws it. 

If he thinks drops are laziness or INTENTIONAL and plays off also are common, he quickly stops throwing. 

We really need to move on….. Diggs  was huge to get us going towards the next level. He helped Josh and Josh helped him. We need to as Disney would say “let it go, let it go”. We have a group of receivers that are not flashy but damn good. Shakir is a stud and his YAK is stupid. Coleman is gonna be awesome his box out catch was stupid good. He is not quirky gadget worthy. You do not

need to scheme plays to get him the ball. We have 2 great TE. Feels more like a team now. And next season we are cap set! Go Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1