Diggs' Drama

Simon

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Diggs wasn't a superstar in Minnesota. He was just a good WR who hadn't yet become a super and likely never would have if he stayed there.

Exactly...Josh and Stef needed each other badly to vault their careers. And for the first few years it was magical. But unfortunately Stef's personality and history took over.  I'll always appreciate what Diggs meant to this team and his competitive fire, but the end proved unbearable. He'll be 31 in Nov so the likelihood of him getting another 4k is slim.

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

Here's what I'll never understand:

Diggs seemingly had everything a player could want. He was handsomely paid, he received a ton of targets, he put up gaudy statistics, he played for a top five quarterback, he played for a winning team that is perennially in the playoffs, he was beloved by the fan base, he was a national star. What more -- literally, WHAT MORE -- could he possibly want?

One could say that it was his waning involvement in the offense that soured him, but we can all see that things had changed prior to that. That Diggs' demeanor and interest in being a Buffalo Bill had changed. So the question is -- why? How could a player have everything I just listed above, and still want out? Still think the grass is greener?

There simply MUST be something that happened behind the scenes that we're all not aware of, because none of it makes any sense. He seemingly had everything, and he still wanted it. I'll never understand it.

Oh, and one more thing: seeing how free and light and fun the atmosphere around the team seems to be right now, compared to what it was last year...it's hard to conclude anything other than that Diggs's presence was a huge negative influence on team mood and chemistry, and that his ouster is gonna pay huge dividends for this team (and this quarterback) mentally.

What was TO’s problem? Or Antonio Brown’s?

I don’t know if the diva/personality disorder trend in WR’s is overblown or not, but there’s no doubt that the position has its fair share of malcontents in NFL history. And unwarranted malcontents at that. 

Diggs appears to be continuing that trend and imo that’s why no team will really claim him as theirs if he does make the HOF.

Out of this, it becomes even more clear to me how he needs Josh Allen more than Allen needs him. 

The fact that after the coordinator change was the "hardest time" in his career says everything about his priorities.  The team went 7 and 2, including playoffs,  during that stretch.  

He is obviously much more about himself than he is about the team winning. 

Later Diggs, the team will be better without you. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Success said:

It's important that we beat the Texans this year.  

That narrative that would follow a loss w/ the Diggs storyline would be intolerable.  

Consider that game a loss. We need some more bad memorable losses to add to our misery as bills fans 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Diggs wasn't a superstar in Minnesota. He was just a good WR who hadn't yet become a super and likely never would have if he stayed there.

But he has a national commercial - so he had to be a superstar.

Remember, sticky hands?

I wish him well... talk away... do your thing... to me the talk amounts to a big whatever....  he produces or he doesn't. In the end I care to the extent that it impacts the Bills. I certainly dont want him to put up 200yrds and score the winning TD in OT against us... but in the end what I care about most is are we better with or without him. The only thing I have to really judge this was last half of last year. We were better when his role was diminished and he wasnt the focus. Was this because his presence opened people up, was it a new OC, was it a freed JA, was it a better running game... I dont know. I do know that we were better when he was a piece of the O... not a center piece. So I have reason to believe that addition by subtraction could be a possibility. As for the conjecture and the talk coming from Stefon and the rest of the league that's awesome, time will tell... but I am more focused on JA, Shakir, Coleman, Samuel, Hollins etc... and how they produce as a group. 

Edited by JP51

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Read the whole article 

***** Diggs

He seems to blame Brady for his drop in production...

Last season, Diggs started off the season in Buffalo hot, with more than 100 receiving yards in five of his first six games. But he didn’t go over 100 yards—and he notched only two scores—for the rest of the season. If it didn’t look like Diggs was having fun that’s because, well, he wasn’t. “Last year, I was in the worst mental space I’ve been in since I’ve been in the league,” Diggs says. “If I'm not in a good space, obviously that's not the best for me. So that's when things had to start shaking out...”

Later, when our conversation circles back to his time in Buffalo, he has more to say, specifically highlighting the fact his drop in stats coincided with the Bills’s decision to replace their offensive coordinator.

“The games looked a lot different,” he says. “You can blame me. I don’t mind blaming me. I got big-ass shoulders. But pay attention, pay real close attention. Watch the game. Of course there’s plenty of plays I want back. But there’s a lot of plays that didn’t go my way...  You tell me about the last 10. What changed? Were there changes going on? I just pay attention to what really happened and not what people try to act like happened. Like, for the last 10 games, I forgot how to f***ing play football?”

Edited by hondo in seattle

14 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Last season, Diggs started off the season in Buffalo hot, with more than 100 receiving yards in five of his first six games. But he didn’t go over 100 yards—and he notched only two scores—for the rest of the season. If it didn’t look like Diggs was having fun that’s because, well, he wasn’t. “Last year, I was in the worst mental space I’ve been in since I’ve been in the league,” Diggs says. “If I'm not in a good space, obviously that's not the best for me. So that's when things had to start shaking out...”

Later, when our conversation circles back to his time in Buffalo, he has more to say, specifically highlighting the fact his drop in stats coincided with the Bills’s decision to replace their offensive coordinator.

“The games looked a lot different,” he says. “You can blame me. I don’t mind blaming me. I got big-ass shoulders. But pay attention, pay real close attention. Watch the game. Of course there’s plenty of plays I want back. But there’s a lot of plays that didn’t go my way...  You tell me about the last 10. What changed? Were there changes going on? I just pay attention to what really happened and not what people try to act like happened. Like, for the last 10 games, I forgot how to f***ing play football?”

Nah he didn’t forget he just choked, doesn’t fight for YAC and takes plays off when he knows he isn’t getting the ball. I’d rather have a team of Robert Woods vs 1 Diggs and his attitude.

• Like (+1) 2

• Simon changed the title to Diggs' Drama

He constantly wants the ball...and that's not a bad thing. His time here, he was the primary WR. Passing game was centered around getting him the ball. The large target share kept him happy for a while here. 

I don't think he see that in Houston week in and week out. They have a lot of talent in that WR room competing for targets. He's likely to be in "best behavior" mode to start this year to rebuild his image. But he's a one year rental for them that could end up phased out rather quickly IMO. Then the fun starts. 

29 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Of course he does, because nothing is ever his fault.  Although he does admit to having a bad attitude.  He had become baggage.

31 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

He seems to blame Brady for his drop in production....

Whine whine. 

What happened in the previous two playoffs, Diggs?

• Like (+1) 1