Is sitting down at football games normal?

benderbender

1 hour ago, billsfan714 said:

Now that Im in my 60s would prefer to sit and my wife is also only 5'3 so its tough on her when people stand.   Same if you take a kid.   Just seems like how a stadium is designed, if everyone sits, everyone can see.  Personally, I don't think somebody in front of a couple of kids would care if they couldn't see while they stand the whole game.   I do think its a newer generation thing, like when you go to a concert and everyone has their phone up, watching the concert through their phone---at a live concert, kind of insane in my book.  You pay for a seat, use it.  Maybe they should design some stadiums with sections with just rows and no seats for the people who want to stand for 3 hours.

There are a few newer soccer stadiums that are designed with standing only ‘seats’ in the end zones, and even a few NFL stadiums that now feature what I call ‘milling around’ areas for those who just want to drink and chat. 

18 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

I'm 50 years old and love to be in the fun sections where everyone stands for most of the game and enjoys the rowdiness and camaraderie

Will I still feel that way when I'm 65?  Who knows

Will it be very different at the new stadium?  Almost certainly

I'm about to find out. 67 now, been in the 300 level since my 20's. Couple years ago some kid was sitting down in the row ahead of me. I tapped him on the shoulder and said young man, how am I supposed to bang on your seat when you're sitting down? He stood up. Splurged for the Dunn Tire club this year. Don't think asking people to stand up so I can bang on their seats is going to fly. But those heating lamps will be nice for the last 5 games. It's a trade off.

The last game I went to with my wife and kids, I bought first row tickets on about the 35 yard line.

was home opener, Monday nighter.

I have zero interest in standing up all game, hence buying tickets for $750.00 USD each in first row.

On 9/3/2024 at 12:37 PM, Conlan58 said:

I think it depends... I have been to games at Gillette and experienced both. Endzone seats - everyone was sitting. Lower bowl sideline seats - everyone stood the whole game. Nosebleeds - everyone sat the whole game (this was during the Rex Ryan years when I believe the Bills shut them out at home with Brissett at QB?). 

I've been to games in many other NFL cities and have season tickets in Buffalo.  Buffalo is the only NFL stadium I've been too where fans stand the entire game.   I've seen it in college stadiums (typically in student sections), but for the NFL it is not the norm.  3rd downs, big plays, sure - but the entire game... not typical.