Here we go again with TV contract dispute

SoMAn

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

Like on the black market?

No lol, like with friends. If you know someone who has Peacock for example, you just go: hey I don't have it... I'll trade you a different streaming service in exchange. 

I think Netflix is the only one charging for different households (could be wrong)

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

No lol, like with friends. If you know someone who has Peacock for example, you just go: hey I don't have it... I'll trade you a different streaming service in exchange. 

I think Netflix is the only one charging for different households (could be wrong)

Yes yes sort of kidding 😄 My whole family moooches off all my accounts. It’s my contribution for being the family a-hole 😬

• Haha (+1) 4

On 9/3/2024 at 11:30 AM, benderbender said:

Long since maxed out on outrage on this general topic of streaming/a la carte services/mega conglomerates sniping at each other. This board has long ago had one too many posts of people who love their <insert whatever service du jure here> and are content to pay whatever highway robbery they demand. You literally have gotten what you've paid for. 

Netflix set the standard by increasing their prices almost 100% in a decade with most of that coming during the pandemic. Then, when they had a slight dip in subscribers post-pandemic, they raised prices again. Then just to pile on, they wanted to charge you for allowing your own family to watch with your login out of town. And for some reason, people played ball instead of cancelling en masse. 

Then Disney is following the same exact business model, and everyone is surprised about it. The NFL sent up a test balloon with Peacock and we all used the free trial to watch it, but some forgot to cancel so NBC made money. They said "gotcha" and now every streaming service is in on the bait and switch tactic. Watch Walmart+ will have a playoff exclusive game next year and you won't be able to watch preseason without at least Silver status ChickFila rewards app. 

The pandemic taught companies of all types that people will pay a lot more than they thought for things they really want.