Ooops! Was that your liver?

ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

there is no way his name is actually Shanknovsky lmfao

You know this because it is your family name and he does not show up at reunions, right?   

Sometimes family names change when they move to US.  No one is spelling it that way in articles however.

Dr. Shaknovsky is affiliated with HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital Niceville, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for general surgery.

8 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I learned from my visible man model (probably age 9) that they are on opposite sides of the body.

👍👍Exactly!  That's what caught my eye w/this article...

Liver is huge. I am a simple lock operator but I can open some organism up and take a pretty good guess what the liver is!

Anyway, reminds me when my son broke his elbow in Grade 1... He needed surgery and pins inserted.  So... Pre-op, nurse comes in and starts ×ing out his good arm, elbow with a Sharpie... I asked what was going on! Her reply: "So Doc doesn't operate on wrong elbow."  Oh!  I guess, good plan.😆 I tend to do stuff like when woodworking.  Clean side, dirty side, cut-offs, etc...😏

This is why when they go into operation they ask the patient (if conscious) do they know what they are there for.  They also ask for your name and birth date to ensure they have not mixed you up with another patient.  It can get very annoying for when I was in intensive care post stroke they would ask me every hour to tell me my name and birthdate despite it being on my hand band.

1 hour ago, Punching Bag said:

This is why when they go into operation they ask the patient (if conscious) do they know what they are there for.  They also ask for your name and birth date to ensure they have not mixed you up with another patient.  It can get very annoying for when I was in intensive care post stroke they would ask me every hour to tell me my name and birthdate despite it being on my hand band.

Also to keep you sorta lucid... 😆... There's a joke in here somewhere.😉😜

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

Doctor accused of mistakenly removing man's liver has "clear" medical license.

Beverly Bryan took part in a press conference after her husband’s death to warn others.

“We do not want this to happen to anyone else by this particular individual especially,” said Beverly. “I didn't realize it takes so long for a doctor to lose a license. I thought it would be something, as soon as this was known, it would be immediate, but apparently that is not the case.”

On 9/3/2024 at 4:15 PM, UConn James said:

Doctor error & malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the U.S.

And even so, its numbers are significantly low-balled bc doctors get to bury their mistakes.

Do doctors suck as bad as police officers?  When we’re done with them, who should we get next?  I’d say lock operators but there probably aren’t enough of them.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Eyeroll 1