Bills Backers Bar in Charleston, SC?

Jerry Jabber

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Didn't you buy the first round? 🤔

I think you may have him confused with someone else. 

Anyone else. 

EDIT: My usual caveat is to verify its current info. I’ve been burned in the past. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 3

Beer Works downtown used to have a pretty large bills gathering, just a couple of years ago (I moved). Maybe 30% of the bar? But it's more of a general sports bar, it's also quite a bit younger and more rowdy than Hunley's.

Teams settle into their respective zones, and there's a good bit of heckling and the like as multiple games are on. You definitely can't expect sound or anything like that.

Anyways, just another option.

Probably went there for 15 years before I moved.

Should be filled with Bills fans on a Thursday, close to dt and other attractions, wings are pretty decent, but so are Hunley's. Definitely more drink and food options at beer works, but if you just want a Labat's and some decent wings go to Hunley's.

24 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Amazing city! Great food! Nasty little bugs everywhere. Where repellent 

I think you are probably referring to what we called “no-see ‘ems”, and they can be a pain in the butt, and in the ear, nose or eye. We used Skin So Soft as the most effective repellent when I lived in the Lowcountry. I’m pretty sure they still sell that. 

59 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Amazing city! Great food! Nasty little bugs everywhere. Where repellent 

I live here…Lavender is the way

Mainland Container Co. Kitchen and Bar. Also Hunleys.

https://mainlandcontainerco.com

34 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think you are probably referring to what we called “no-see ‘ems”, and they can be a pain in the butt, and in the ear, nose or eye. We used Skin So Soft as the most effective repellent when I lived in the Lowcountry. I’m pretty sure they still sell that. 

Lavender > skin so soft

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I live here…Lavender is the way

Mainland Container Co. Kitchen and Bar. Also Hunleys.

https://mainlandcontainerco.com

Lavender > skin so soft

Good to know!  I’m always looking for a better way. 

We were in Hilton Head in May and the anti-bug juice smell on the table took me back decades to skin so soft. Unfortunately, you can’t spray that stuff on your food or drink. I forgot how much I hated those damn no-see ‘ems!!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Good to know!  I’m always looking for a better way. 

We were in Hilton Head in May and the anti-bug juice smell on the table took me back decades to skin so soft. Unfortunately, you can’t spray that stuff on your food or drink. I forgot how much I hated those damn no-see ‘ems!!!! 

Right on! Does the skin so soft do ok? Sure does. Lavender oil they want nothing to do with 😊

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Right on! Does the skin so soft do ok? Sure does. Lavender oil they want nothing to do with 😊

Is it at local pharmacies? Grocery stores? 

We moved from the lowcountry in 1993 and just make occasional visits since, maybe every other year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Is it at local pharmacies? Grocery stores? 

We moved from the lowcountry in 1993 and just make occasional visits since, maybe every other year. 

Yes wal mart has it you can find it on Amazon as well. Flea market in Ladson 😊

20 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Wow things change. I lived in Charleston a long time ago, pretty sure I was the only Bills fan. The Panthers didn’t exist, it was all about college football.

The Panthers still don’t exist. 

I spend a good bit of time in Greenville, SC and you can’t go more than a few blocks downtown on Fall/Winter weekend without seeing Bills gear. 

• Like (+1) 4

19 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Charleston is an awesome city!  Try to make it to Folly Beach if you have time 

Shem Creek, Isle of Palms, Sullivans, Island, Kiawah…. Endless

5 hours ago, chris heff said:

Wow things change. I lived in Charleston a long time ago, pretty sure I was the only Bills fan. The Panthers didn’t exist, it was all about college football.

Bills Fans everywhere here it is like Raleigh 2.0

• Like (+1) 2