Young American men in decline

44 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Maze said something the other day that was good interesting.

Said there were more pretty women than good women (morals)

Said their are more good men than handsome men. 

Maybe he was onto something.

I'd like to hear from some guys here in the prime of their dating years share some of their recent experiences with the ladies, good and bad. 

I have my theories about things and why young men are down on dating but I suspect young women are just as unhappy.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I am going to add on what is more just a personal thought than something I have really seen, people under 30 want excitement over stability and don't seem to balance them well. They also define excitement poorly, because they think excitement is highs and lows, mine is comfortable with some spikes, always up.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Saw this discussion yesterday.  My knee jerk response was "cry me a river".  But the stats are astonishing.  4x the avg suicide rate, low relationship rates, high unemployment , low college graduation rates etc. Women meanwhile are gaining.  Higher incomes, higher graduation rates, more selective choices of mates (by and large consideration of only horizontal or upward socioeconomic romantic relationships with men).  Who's to blame if anyone?  What's the solution?  Is it a real issue?

You are the problem. I had my first discussion at length with a Communist back in around 2015. He is a family member on my in-laws side and the political environment was not as heated back then so he felt very comfortable discussing this at length with me over many hours. He is also a minor celebrity and some people may know him and be like oh hey I know that guy from somewhere. I was not political at all at that point in my life. What he told me shook me to the core and even to this day makes me upset.

The plan to make a more EQUITABLE society was for the downfall of the white American Christian male. According to the communist community, of which he is a highly regarded member I am told, white men run everything and you can't have a fair playing field for women and people of color unless you take them down first. Mind you he himself is a white American male (sort of, I don't have a lot of respect for artsy beta males) and he's telling this to another white Christian American male and he's visibly excited like yes this is going to be a great thing.

At the time I took this as this is a fringe movement and people won't go along with this nonsense. Then in 2018 everything turned "woke" and I was like holy crap. This is exactly their plan and it has been in process for many years but I couldn't believe how quickly things were accelerating. They want white men to be ashamed of their masculinity and their whiteness. They are teaching them this from a young age in schools and in the media. Good luck getting into the best colleges or going for a competitive job as a white male. You have a better chance of winning the lottery so start buying Powerball tickets.

So you have been told your whole life that you are toxic and that everything you stand for and your entire existence is wrong and now you can't get a job and you have no purpose. Yea no kidding people are offing themselves or turning to drugs or alcohol. There are also more and more sissy men being created. Look up those stats and add them to your post. Testosterone levels are at their lowest in history. And that's exactly what they want. Women can't compete with strong men so they want a bunch of liberal c*cks with man buns and skinny jeans.

I'm a man. I like working out and having big muscles, fast cars, sports, and action movies. I like building things and getting dirty. I would never be dominated by a woman and luckily in my industry it's still the best of the best and the strong that survive. If that's toxic then oh well, deal with it.

Young boys need fathers and mentors in their lives to teach them how to be strong men and that masculinity is not only ok but it's a super power. Men have run the world for thousands of years for a reason. You aren't going to change this in 1 generation with DEI. It will eventually reach a tipping point and men will fight back. You see it with the popularity of people like Andrew Tate. There is a huge demographic of males that are being cast off so they are grasping for something or someone to follow.

Equity and inclusion means someone else is being purposely excluded. Don't fall for these gimmicks or vote for people who support this nonsense. Otherwise you are the problem.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Yup.  And social media now opens it up for women to find partners that they otherwise wouldn't have because of the lack of proximity/opportunity to meet them.  And they're mostly chasing the same men.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, K D said:

You are the problem. I had my first discussion at length with a Communist back in around 2015. He is a family member on my in-laws side and the political environment was not as heated back then so he felt very comfortable discussing this at length with me over many hours. He is also a minor celebrity and some people may know him and be like oh hey I know that guy from somewhere. I was not political at all at that point in my life. What he told me shook me to the core and even to this day makes me upset.

The plan to make a more EQUITABLE society was for the downfall of the white American Christian male. According to the communist community, of which he is a highly regarded member I am told, white men run everything and you can't have a fair playing field for women and people of color unless you take them down first. Mind you he himself is a white American male (sort of, I don't have a lot of respect for artsy beta males) and he's telling this to another white Christian American male and he's visibly excited like yes this is going to be a great thing.

At the time I took this as this is a fringe movement and people won't go along with this nonsense. Then in 2018 everything turned "woke" and I was like holy crap. This is exactly their plan and it has been in process for many years but I couldn't believe how quickly things were accelerating. They want white men to be ashamed of their masculinity and their whiteness. They are teaching them this from a young age in schools and in the media. Good luck getting into the best colleges or going for a competitive job as a white male. You have a better chance of winning the lottery so start buying Powerball tickets.

So you have been told your whole life that you are toxic and that everything you stand for and your entire existence is wrong and now you can't get a job and you have no purpose. Yea no kidding people are offing themselves or turning to drugs or alcohol. There are also more and more sissy men being created. Look up those stats and add them to your post. Testosterone levels are at their lowest in history. And that's exactly what they want. Women can't compete with strong men so they want a bunch of liberal c*cks with man buns and skinny jeans.

I'm a man. I like working out and having big muscles, fast cars, sports, and action movies. I like building things and getting dirty. I would never be dominated by a woman and luckily in my industry it's still the best of the best and the strong that survive. If that's toxic then oh well, deal with it.

Young boys need fathers and mentors in their lives to teach them how to be strong men and that masculinity is not only ok but it's a super power. Men have run the world for thousands of years for a reason. You aren't going to change this in 1 generation with DEI. It will eventually reach a tipping point and men will fight back. You see it with the popularity of people like Andrew Tate. There is a huge demographic of males that are being cast off so they are grasping for something or someone to follow.

Equity and inclusion means someone else is being purposely excluded. Don't fall for these gimmicks or vote for people who support this nonsense. Otherwise you are the problem.

Nice caricatures. Want me to write mine for toxic masculinity?  Men have run the world for 1000’s of years because brute force was the currency. Not now, thank goodness. You actually said you had muscles for show not for go. What a waste of time. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

This father is part of the issue, he is heart broken his son is successful. When parents stop pushing their kids to be successful you will lose an entire generation l, which is what this kind of liberal does.

This is pathetic on so many levels.  So the father would rather see the son struggle as a lib than succeed as a MAGA?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder “.   With all these lonely young men, of course the bar for female beauty is lowered while they can blame their failures on the supposed lack of attractiveness of an entire sex. Ridiculous rationalization. 

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

This is pathetic on so many levels.  So the father would rather see the son struggle as a lib than succeed as a MAGA?

My son disagreed with me on many political items but has good friends and is getting his degree at FSU. I am thrilled for him and we discuss politics all the time because I need him to be informed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

My son disagreed with me on many political items but has good friends and is getting his degree at FSU. I am thrilled for him and we discuss politics all the time because I need him to be informed.

We were mostly apolitical for the first half of my sons' lives and areligious (although my in-laws practiced Hinduism so they were around it).  But we raised them to follow the Golden Rule, study hard and with boundaries.  One just started law school and the other is hopefully headed to med school in 2 years.  My mother, a Dem, used to bristle at the way we raised them, but now says we did it right compared to my brother's (used to be a conservative, now a lib and raised his kids that way) kids.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Nice caricatures. Want me to write mine for toxic masculinity?  Men have run the world for 1000’s of years because brute force was the currency. Not now, thank goodness. You actually said you had muscles for show not for go. What a waste of time. 

Ugh.  For a retired dude you sure read like some college kid digging their heels after taking the first class in gender studies or modern feminism. . 

The only people that use that term are women or betas.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Ugh.  For a retired dude you sure read like some college kid digging their heels after taking the first class in gender studies or modern feminism. . 

The only people that use that term are women or betas.  

So one of you MAGAs says I'm too old to be cognizant of the current dating scene and you say I'm too tuned in.  Can't be both.  it's neither.  I'm not too anything...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

We were mostly apolitical for the first half of my sons' lives and areligious (although my in-laws practiced Hinduism so they were around it).  But we raised them to follow the Golden Rule, study hard and with boundaries.  One just started law school and the other is hopefully headed to med school in 2 years.  My mother, a Dem, used to bristle at the way we raised them, but now says we did it right compared to my brother's (used to be a conservative, now a lib and raised his kids that way) kids.

I tease you a lot but good work on the kids, man.  Congratulations. 

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I disagreed with my parents politically when I was young. I was against war and believed that we should have freedom of speech and expression. Even our Dem president was against gay marriage which I thought was silly, let adults marry whoever they want. I thought I must me far left at the time. That was about 15 years ago. Now it makes me far right apparently. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, K D said:

I disagreed with my parents politically when I was young. I was against war and believed that we should have freedom of speech and expression. Even our Dem president was against gay marriage which I thought was silly, let adults marry whoever they want. I thought I must me far left at the time. That was about 15 years ago. Now it makes me far right apparently. 

I had a different take on gay marriage that made me "intolerant" which still cracks me up.  I wanted the government to solidify in law that legal partners did not necessarily go along with being sexual partners. Leave marriage to religious institution and legally allow any two people to be legally bonded fully. But I agree with your principle fully 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, unbillievable said:

IF younger women are dating older men, Who are the older women dating?

While older women dating younger men happens, it's still rare enough to be made into a movie.

They’re not dating.  They’ll entertain situationships with men around their age or younger, but those men are never going to date/marry them. 

It’s dark out there for women as they approach 40. 

Online dating and hookup culture has destroyed millennials & gen z.  

Many men have opted out.  

The same 5-10% of men get swiped on by 80-90% of women. 

The top 10-20% of women look for money/status, because they have an army of simps at their disposal and will look for a unicorn, when they’re ready.. until years pass and now they’re 35. 

Which leaves the next 50-80% of women being in, again, situationships with the top 10% of men who are talking to them, while looking for a unicorn woman 5-10 years younger than them and/or more attractive (the top 10-20% of women). 

And because that 50-80% range of women are sleeping with guys out of their league, who will never date them, those men aren’t settling down bc they keep looking for something better and those women, who should be settling down with men in their league, now have unrealistic expectations. 

I probably sound like a prick saying this.. but it’s 100% what’s happening for the majority of folks in the modern dating world.

This leads to men becoming lazy, unmotivated and resigned to what life has become for them because they don’t have the primal urge of pushing themselves to get a woman, keep that woman, protect & provide for that woman. 

It empowers women, who have taken advantage, but only temporarily.. as they eventually reach an age where their looks fade and they start to realize the men they are attracted to, want women 10 years younger who aren’t career driven & can give them a potential child/children. 

5 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'd like to hear from some guys here in the prime of their dating years share some of their recent experiences with the ladies, good and bad. 

I have my theories about things and why young men are down on dating but I suspect young women are just as unhappy.

See my post above 

I’ve been in it. Dating someone now .. but spent years of my life doing all of this. 

It’s mainly empty recreational sex for those of us who can get matches .. and it’s mentally exhausting .. and truly warps one’s view of the other gender (I suspect the same occurs for women towards men).  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They’re not dating.  They’ll entertain situationships with men around their age or younger, but those men are never going to date/marry them. 

Many men have opted out.  

The top 10-20% of women look for money/status, because they have an army of simps at their disposal and will look for a unicorn, when they’re ready.. until years pass and now they’re 35. 

Which leaves the next 50-80% of women being in, again, situationships with the top 10% of men who are talking to them, while looking for a unicorn woman 5-10 years younger than them and/or more attractive (the top 10-20% of women). 

And because that 50-80% range of women are sleeping with guys out of their league, who will never date them, those men aren’t settling down bc they keep looking for something better and those women, who should be settling down with men in their league, now have unrealistic expectations. 

I probably sound like a prick saying this.. but it’s 100% what’s happening for the majority of folks in the modern dating world.

This leads to men becoming lazy, unmotivated and resigned to what life has become for them because they don’t have the primal urge of pushing themselves to get a woman, keep that woman, protect & provide for that woman. 

It empowers women, who have taken advantage, but only temporarily.. as they eventually reach an age where their looks fade and they start to realize the men they are attracted to, want women 10 years younger who aren’t career driven & can give them a potential child/children. 

See my post above 

I’ve been in it. Dating someone now .. but spent years of my life doing all of this. 

It’s mainly empty recreational sex for those of us who can get matches .. and it’s mentally exhausting .. and truly warps one’s view of the other gender (I suspect the same occurs for women towards men).  

Very well said.  Cold, hard truth bombs right there that many people just don't want to hear and choose to ignore.

Another aspect is, as stated previously, women initiate divorce 80% of the time and the divorce rate is over 50%.  Not very good odds.  Men don't want to lose their kids in a divorce along with half of everything they own because their wife has suddenly decided that the man that was good enough to marry and have children with is no longer good enough.  They see their friends looking like they are having fun on the single scene, and of course, the grass is always "greener".  This is also a contributing factor in the suicide rate for men.  I've watched some content which shows how this is especially difficult and common for military men.  A lot of men are realizing that it's just not worth it.

To the bolded, I'm 49 now.  In my 30's and early 40's I played the dating app game.  I'm actually embarrassed to say that I've met too many women.  I'm not proud of how many women I've met.  It was always the same.  The women I would meet would always have other men they were hooking up with or they were on a "break" from their boyfriend (meaning they had a boyfriend).  Once I learned that about them I was out the door.  Of course, you don't find that out until after you've been with them a few times.  You start to get numb to the dating scene and give up looking for something long term and become desensitized and as SC said, it just becomes recreational and a headache.  

I've been single for nearly 3 years now after exiting a 6.5 year relationship.  I'm obviously not going to get into details, but let's just say trust was an issue.  At this point, I haven't even thought about dating and not sure I will every bother.  I already know what's out there and I'm much happier without it.  I think a lot of men, including younger men, feel the same way.

The PUA movement blew up in the 2000's with Mystery and Neil Strauss (his book The Game).  Shortly after, men's rights and red pill content became (and still is) very popular.  Some youtube content providers are:

Pearly Things

Kevin Samuel

Terrance Popp

Better Bachelor

Rich Cooper

Rollo Tomasi

Fresh n Fit

Those channels will give an insight as to what men are thinking today.

A side note:  @Joe Ferguson forever   I didn't mean to insult you with my previous post about age.  If I did insult you, I'm sorry, that wasn't my intent.  My intent was that you haven't been in the dating game and a lot has changed in a short period of time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, phypon said:

side note:  @Joe Ferguson forever   I didn't mean to insult you with my previous post about age.  If I did insult you, I'm sorry, that wasn't my intent.  My intent was that you haven't been in the dating game and a lot has changed in a short period of time.

No offense taken. No shame in aging. The alternative is undesirable. Still, one can be tuned into modern culture and still be old. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Many men have opted out.  

See my post above 

This, while I believe is true, I hope is the low point brought on by many factors including COVID. I hope you- and your generation- find your future brighter.