HOU 
JAX 2 behind

IND .500

Trash
TEN

AFC EAST

MIA

BUF 2 behind

NYJ Around .500 only because Rodgers won’t last 5 games! If so, Division Winner & #2 Seed

NFL Worst
NE 

AFC NORTH

CIN #2 Easy sked
BAL 2 behind

Also Rans
CLE 
PIT 

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

ESPN just released some predictions for 2024. Bills 7 - 10. Vikings #1 overall pick.  In some alternate universe, I’m ok with this.  Three picks in the 50, plus some cap space to play around with.  Things could be worse.

With all they have had to do this year, "shorting" the Bills this year is definitely a play imho.  I am not a low as 7-10 though, more like 10-7 or 9-8.  Not sure how to bet the off year however.

Just now, bigK14094 said:

With all they have had to do this year, "shorting" the Bills this year is definitely a play imho.  I am not a low as 7-10 though, more like 10-7 or 9-8.  Not sure how to bet the off year however.

Having the Vikes #2 next year would make them at #1 pick really interesting.  (the #33 pick)

I think OP is too high on the Bills.  Lots of new players and loss of long-time vets = growing pains (at best).  Schedule is very tough and D lost a ton.  Offense looks pretty good on OL, RB and TE and of course Allen is capable of carrying the O some, but WR is a big question mark.  Can Shakir build on his impressive finish to last season, can Curtis Samuel step up big now that he is playing with a good NFL QB, is Keon Coleman good enough now and can he grow into a decent starting NFL WR?  After that, the position looks very shaky - should either Hollins or MVS be counted on to contribute much?

I understand the need to clear cap and get young and I’m ok with doing it this year, but I think it will mean a frustrating season if you think they are SB contenders.  I hope that I’m wrong, but I think a wild card spot might be their ceiling and playoffs are not guaranty.

• Agree 1

On 9/1/2024 at 8:09 AM, ProcessImproverMan said:

Too high on Buffalo. I have us slipping in on a wild card with a 9-8/10-7 record. Our schedule is tough and our offense and defense will take time to click. Reset year. I think the Jets take the division if Rodgers stays healthy at 10-7 (tie breaker) Dolphins will be behind us (8-9/9-8) and Patriots in basement (6-11)

Ravens will win the division again but Bengals will beat choking Lamar in the playoffs. 

I have Chargers and Raiders in playoffs. Chiefs missing....

Jaguars win the South and Texans choke. 

Chargers AFC super bowl rep (Harbaugh really worries me with that team)

NFC 

I have Eagles, Packers, Lions, Falcons, 49ers, Rams, Cardinals all in playoffs. Packers represent NFC in super bowl. 

Commanders will be much better but still out of playoffs. Buccaneers fall some. 

Super bowl winner - Chargers 

What makes you think that chiefs miss the playoffs and the raiders make the playoffs this year?  Probably boldest take I have read this offseason. 

Harbaugh can improve the chargers. It won’t be this year though. Can they get a wildcard? Maybe. SB winner? No way. What scares you on that team. It’s one of the only WR groups that I put the bills ahead of. 

Edited by BillsFooteball

8 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

ESPN just released some predictions for 2024. Bills 7 - 10. Vikings #1 overall pick.  In some alternate universe, I’m ok with this.  Three picks in the 50, plus some cap space to play around with.  Things could be worse.

If the Bills go 7-10 with no Josh Allen injury, it means that he’s not a good player without Diggs and no amount of draft capital will fix that. 

9 hours ago, Low Positive said:

If the Bills go 7-10 with no Josh Allen injury, it means that he’s not a good player without Diggs and no amount of draft capital will fix that. 

Or it could mean the defense takes a bad step back, which is plausible I suppose.  It could also mean the offensive play calling is atrocious which seems very plausible.  I think 7-10 is unlikely.  We should be better than that but with a bunch of close games, which every team in the NFL experiences just about every year, nothing is impossible.

If I had to guess the Bills ceiling/floor I would say 12-5 to 9-8. The first 6 games are brutal. Come out of that 3-3 or better and the Bills should be in good shape as the schedule eases up some after that. They need to be 1-0 on Sunday afternoon around 4:00. It will be very disappointing if they aren't.

Too many variables to predict anything, I mean I don't think anyone expected Aaron Rodgers to go out how many minutes into last season? Did we really think Jordan Love was going to be as good as he was? The Eagles collapse after such a great start? Even our Bills they look dead in the water and then went on that end of the season run to re-establish as a top end team but again injuries begot us. I expect the Bills to fall from a top 5 team every week to maybe a top 10 yet with everybody healthy just like most years think we can be as good as any other team in the league. The question is just how healthy will be in Week 18?