49ers first round draft pick Ricky Pearsall shot in San Francisco

Chaos

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

gettin ready for the thread to be shut down

Yeah. Ultimately SDS, Simon, and the other mods made the correct decision to not allow politics on this board. It's not the appropriate place for it. 

Even PPP is a cesspool and a waste of time. I would think that not one person has ever changed their minds from those discussions. Then there are even lunatics with who knows how many screen names that post to themselves. :) 

Hey, I have my  share of issues, but luckily they aren't pronounced enough for me to be involved in PPP. 👍🙂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, US Egg said:

So is Pearsall out this week?

Apologize for returning this thread to football, but it seems Pearsall has been a non-factor so far this summer due to a shoulder injury - doubt he would have played a large role anyway in the Jets game.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

It sounds like that job with the SF Chamber of Commerce is working out pretty well!

As someone who's traveled in something like 46 states and 25 countries, if I won a billion dollars in the lottery, I'd buy four homes.

One each in Buffalo, Seattle, and the Philippines because my wife and I have family and friends in all those places.   And, of course, I'd want a place to stay while attending Bills home games.  

The fourth house would be in San Francisco.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Actually it's not.  Most states would charge this perp as an adult as the crime was a minimum assualt with a deadly weapon.  As the crime occurred during an armed robbery the charge could be ungraded to attempted murder.

If these 17 years old's are likely to be charged as adults then this would happen at lower rates? I doubt anything exists to support this. But hey, why not. You probably think Georgia has less gun violence than California. It doesn't have to be logical, true, or real. 

image.thumb.png.2ab0ed9c860801dcdc43c1fcd07ac98a.png

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

Sorry if I missed it, but what is his condition now? When might he be available again? I never really heard how serious it was. 

It was a miracle shot. Straight through, no organs damaged. Pearsall is already released from hospital if the CBS headline below is to be believed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-rookie-ricky-pearsall-released-from-hospital-after-being-shot-in-robbery-attempt/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2