49ers first round draft pick Ricky Pearsall shot in San Francisco

Chaos

SF is the most beautiful, yet one of the most disgusting cities I’ve ever visited.  About 7 years ago, my wife and I went there for a week for a work conference.  One of the nights we walked to a restaurant for dinner.  It was about 6-7 blocks from our hotel right in downtown.  On the way back to the hotel we got confronted by a vagrant drug addict with a box cutter demanding money.  

We ran away and found a Target store and tried to hide inside.  All the while the addict stood outside, face pressed against the glass window, literally drooling all over the window and screaming at us.  We alerted some employees who said they were going to call the police.  To our knowledge, no police ever even responded.  We had to wait in there for about 45 minutes until we left the rear exit of the store and caught an Uber back to the hotel.

All politics aside, I’ve been to most major cities in the US.  SF was the one in which I felt most unsafe.  Miami is a close 2nd, BTW.  Just gross. 🤢 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed-  the pacific NW has taken a big turn for the worse scene the last 5 years despite its ridiculous real estate prices. 

I can confirm that. Real estate prices in the cities are coming down though, as those who can afford to are moving.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, julian said:

Yes we failed the criminals lol.. talk about dumb, and a 17 year old young man with a gun robbing and shooting innocent people isn’t a kid, he’s a POS criminal.

Not sure how some people have gotten to the point of blaming law abiding citizens for the actions of garbage criminals , but here we are.

Yeah a key aspect of society is to raise children into functioning members of said society when it doesn't do that then it did fail them. No one is absolving them of guilt, they still committed crimes and have to go through the process of punishment/reform to rejoin society. But this isn't a groundbreaking concept, taking young adults committing crimes and just saying well they're just bad is just lazy and accomplishes nothing.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

SF is the most beautiful, yet one of the most disgusting cities I’ve ever visited.  About 7 years ago, my wife and I went there for a week for a work conference.  One of the nights we walked to a restaurant for dinner.  It was about 6-7 blocks from our hotel right in downtown.  On the way back to the hotel we got confronted by a vagrant drug addict with a box cutter demanding money.  

We ran away and found a Target store and tried to hide inside.  All the while the addict stood outside, face pressed against the glass window, literally drooling all over the window and screaming at us.  We alerted some employees who said they were going to call the police.  To our knowledge, no police ever even responded.  We had to wait in there for about 45 minutes until we left the rear exit of the store and caught an Uber back to the hotel.

All politics aside, I’ve been to most major cities in the US.  SF was the one in which I felt most unsafe.  Miami is a close 2nd, BTW.  Just gross. 🤢 

I've been to SF twice in the past, the first 25 years and the last 19 years ago.  Both were really nice visits.  I think I'll skip going again so I can have those memories...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah a key aspect of society is to raise children into functioning members of said society when it doesn't do that then it did fail them. No one is absolving them of guilt, they still committed crimes and have to go through the process of punishment/reform to rejoin society. But this isn't a groundbreaking concept, taking young adults committing crimes and just saying well they're just bad is just lazy and accomplishes nothing.

Once the government starts punishing criminality appropriately with harsh sentences then I’ll look for a solution to the lack of hugs at home.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Nothing says welcome to our fair city like an addict with a box cutter!  😂 

As I noted earlier, we were advised by the wife’s local people to just stay away from SF. And I have to agree with you about Miami. We got lost one time heading to the Orange Bowl. We got off at the wrong exit and we saw things we had never seen before. It felt like we were in another world entirely. That is about as frightened as I have ever been. Even in a “nice area” like South Beach I could only order by pointing at the menu. I was the only person around who spoke English. That just feels odd. 

As they say, you know what the best thing about Miami is? It’s so close to the United States! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

No one thought it was funny? I replied to the comment (below) on page one.

LMAO means "laugh my ass off."

If he's "laughing his ass off" then he's finding humor in something that's not funny.

Nice name calling btw.

Very well. Would it be fair to say that not everyone finds it funny, but rather sad and unfortunate?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

As I noted earlier, we were advised by the wife’s local people to just stay away from SF. And I have to agree with you about Miami. We got lost one time heading to the Orange Bowl. We got off at the wrong exit and we saw things we had never seen before. It felt like we were in another world entirely. That is about as frightened as I have ever been. Even in a “nice area” like South Beach I could only order by pointing at the menu. I was the only person around who spoke English. That just feels odd. 

As they say, you know what the best thing about Miami is? It’s so close to the United States! 

Some say it's the worst thing about it too.

2 hours ago, chris heff said:

Buffalo homicide rate is 9.7% per 100,000 people, San Francisco is 6.3% per 100,000, according to USA Facts. US News and World Report, according to FBI statistics, ranks San Francisco 20th for most dangerous US Cities.

I got mugged years ago, two guys, one had a knife to my throat. I made a business decision that my life was worth more than the money in my pocket and my watch. Any questions?

Yeah, Buffalo and Rochester are just as dangerous as San Francisco by all accounts.

6 minutes ago, Radar said:

Yeah, Buffalo and Rochester are just as dangerous as San Francisco by all accounts.

The difference between Buffalo and SF is that it's all over SF. In Buffalo everyone knows where to go to find trouble. 

10 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I’ve seen threads go off the rails, but this one….

train trainwreck GIF

You haven't seen the Stefon Diggs is trash threads, the Josh Allen interception threads, or the Tyler Bass should be drawn and quartered threads?

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

It's better to have a gun and not need it then to need a gun and not have it

In this case it is hard to obtain a gun in that jurisdiction. 

50 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife and I went to South Beach for a vacation in 2018.  We were in Little Havana walking around, and this guy came walking down the street carrying about 6 or 7 of those bungee cords with the metal S hooks on the ends.  

As he approached the intersection where we were standing amongst a large group of people he started swinging them around in the air.  I quickly grabbed my wife’s hand and pulled her the opposite way down the street.  When he got to the group of people he just started whipping random people with the cords.  People were screaming and a few guys tried to subdue him.  We took off.  Was one of the most terrifying things I’ve ever witnessed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

watch it,might get suspended on here for speaking the truth..

K. But isn't the once beautiful San Francisco that way because of p0l0tics

yeah, shootings are generally pretty rare in most parts the US, right?

3 hours ago, chris heff said:

I got mugged years ago, two guys, one had a knife to my throat. I made a business decision that my life was worth more than the money in my pocket and my watch. Any questions?

C’mon man, it was a putty knife and I already have a watch. Me and @teef had too many Shirley Temples and were just joking around. 

• Haha (+1) 1